"Note is specified to use the index finger..."

ShrillBear52

Well,I didn't realy had this message before, so of course I don't know what eof is tring to warn me about.

the message:

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/161101/Screenshot_2016-11-01_17.08.57_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

I'm also confused about the "index finger " part.

Is this about the finger positions to wich finger is going to wich fret anyway??

I just can' figure it out

the chord finger position:

http://www.kepfeltoltes.hu/161101/Screenshot_2016-11-01_17.08.13_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.png

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

I think the issue is that chord's fingering defines the use of the index finger (numbered as 1) for both fret 5 and fret 8, which doesn't make sense. EOF doesn't check for this kind of conflict, but it warns that the fret hand position isn't at fret 8 when it sees the index finger is defined to be at that fret for this chord.

I think the issue is that chord's fingering defines the use of the index finger (numbered as 1) for both fret 5 and fret 8, which doesn't make sense. EOF doesn't check for this kind of conflict, but it warns that the fret hand position isn't at fret 8 when it sees the index finger is defined to be at that fret for this chord.

What are the connection with the frethand positions and with the finger positions? 

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

In-game the fret hand position is reflected by which part of the fret board is highlighted. In general, this means that it also implies where the index finger of the player's fret hand is. EOF allows the author to define which fingers are used to play a chord, so if it sees the index finger is defined, it takes that into consideration when generating fret hand positions.

Ok, and what problem(s) can this issue cause if I'm not fix it?

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

I'd like to know if more charters often switch between Hand pos & and RS sections+Phrases, specially when finalizing a custom.

Each time we have to enter preferences. 

It's almost the only reason I have to enter preferences with F11.

Would it be possible to toggle the display Hand pos / RS section+Phrases by a short key, shift +F11 would be obvious.

Thanks 

• Like 2

Ok, and what problem(s) can this issue cause if I'm not fix it?

Not necessarily a problem in-game except the player may not know how you intended the chord to be fretted. EOF will still generate a usable XML file for the arrangement.

Would it be possible to toggle the display Hand pos / RS section+Phrases by a short key, shift +F11 would be obvious.

I don't see a problem with this, SHIFT+F11 isn't being used as a shortcut as far as I could immediately tell. What do you think about having it toggle between chord names, hand positions and RS sections+phrases? Those are really the only 3 important preferences regarding what is displayed at the top of the 2D pane (unless you want to look at less information).
  • Like 1

I don't care much about chordnames.

In the processes of setting Fingers and Hand positions, I often like to see how the song is structured in Section and Phrases

I would rather have a quick toggle between Hand pos / Section-Phrases,

• Like 1

I don´t mind, I'm just giving you my personal opinion. 

Maybe it would be even better having the F11 the toggle button, and shift+F11 to enter preferences

But that depends on your programming logic and changing the users habit.

But then also, they will notice the change ;)