WIP - Anberlin - Feel Good Drag

Mozbrad

Well, I've been downloading songs for a little while now, loving all the incredible music and learning to play guitar and bass with some of my favorite artists.  Regularly I'd hear a song on the radio that made me want to play, and I'd check to see if it was available for download.  99% of the time it's there, but this one wasn't.  

This is my first attempt at creating CLDC, so I'm sure there will be some bumps in the road.  I'm also a novice guitar player, and just bought a bass about a month ago, so I probably won't be able to *play* what I'm creating!  Oh well, part of the learning process!

Artist: Anberlin

Song: Feel Good Drag

Album: New Surrender

Video: 

Tab: http://www.songsterr.com/a/wsa/anberlin-feel-good-drag-tab-s25311t0

I'm using a Tab from Songsterr, and I don't think that's the norm.  I checked Ultimate Guitar, and they're all removed.  I checked the tab from Songsterr and it looks pretty good - I haven't found any errors so far.

I'm going to take a stab at this, hopefully I won't have too many questions.  Wish me luck!

BTW: I did searches to see if this song was in the works anywhere and I didn't find anything at all.  Please let me know if someone else is working on this that I couldn't find!  I did check The Big List and didn't find it, but I'm new to this portion of the CustomsForge forums, so I might have missed it.

• Like 1

My progress so far:

I started a few days ago (3/21), and so far I've loaded in Lead Guitar, Bass, and Vocals.  They seem to be pretty well synced after a few stops and starts.  Key to this was importing the audio, setting the BPM right away, then importing Tabs.

Since I'm a novice guitar player, DD is valuable to me, so I'm anticipating doing it for this project.  Are there any guidelines for what difficulty goes to what level?  I've loaded in the full tabs to Amazing level, and I'll copy them down in level and delete notes as I go.

I've also imported lyrics, and they don't look right at all.  Some are shown in the preview pane, some are not, and there are extra characters.  That part needs some work, but I just imported them moments ago, so it's a first pass to be sure.

One more note: I've not attempted any tones, and I'm relatively ignorant about them.  I don't think I'd dare create my own, so I'd likely borrow tones, and I'm looking for suggestions on where they are, how to pull them, and which tones might be good ones for this song.  Any help would be appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got some files ready for test and feedback:

PC (no DD)

PC (with DD)

MAC (no DD)

PS3 (no DD)

XBOX (no DD)

Please let me know if you can download the files, and if you have any feedback on them.  These are not ready for prime-time just yet, but I wanted to get some testing and feedback on them now.

Tones:

One thing I need help with is tones - these have no tones.  I do have Anberlin - Enjoy The Silence, and I can extract the tones from that, but I'm a complete novice with tones, and I'm not sure what would go well in what parts.  

I believe at least three tones will be required, and I've broken the song down into these parts:

Intro (first part) - Tone A

Intro (2nd part) - Tone B

Verse 1 - Tone C

Chorus 1 - B

Verse 2 - C

Chorus 2 - B

Interlude - B

Solo - B?

Chorus 3 - A (but muted), then B (muted before outro?)

Outro - B

Final -> distortion

Any suggestions on whether I should make my own tones, or suggestions on tones/songs to borrow from would be *greatly* appreciated.

Thanks much!

So u ask for a check up of the song here I'm.

First what i had to say i miss the Rhythm Guitar. I couldn't see the Tabs and Songster they dont like me for unknown reason xD.

But without that, Lead Guitar looks so far good , only some times a few second out of sync , only less than a second at the transition between intro to verse and later again. At Fullspeed u will not realy recognize it, but if u learn it with Riff Repeator u see it very Clear.

Bass part, no i played this one without RR, looks so far in sync. Little bit confused about that but seems to work. But i would say that u also re check this with the RR only to be complete sure about it. Everyone has a diffrent Feeling about it and see/hear it diffrent.

But for the First CDLC , as a overall view, a very Solid work. Keep on Rocking.

• Like 1

Olorin, thanks fror your time and feedback.  I'll check RR for Lead and Bass sync, I didn't think to do that.

Regarding Rhythm - it does look like Songsterr has that arrangement, I can try to bring that in.  I might do that for a later version.

The biggest hole I'm having right now is the tones - do you have any suggestions on tones?  Should I make my own, or copy?  I'm thinking copying would be easier, but I'm not sure what songs I should look to.

Thanks again for your time!

• 7 years later...
  • 1 month later...