Soilmans customs

Soilman

Question

Guess what guys................i'm back  :-P

What is the easiest way to create my 100+ customs as pages on here, without manually 'submitting' each custom? Otherwise, I probably won't get time to manually do it which will be a real shame. Any of the devs have any ideas?

For now I'm just giving all access to my Mega folder which I'm updating with more and more customs, but ideally would like to sort all my customs into the database so others can easily find what they want.

Anyone have any thoughts on what would be the easiest way?

• Like 3

'Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life'

Ludwig van Beethoven

Welcome back, Soilman! What is going on with some of the SA contributors boycotting CF? Still many faces who are staying away from here.

Any idea how many are missing..? We've got 81 charters on here so far. A bit weird that some are boycotting CF considering how many had the right hump at SA.  :???:

This community does look like its growing well, but it was a lot easier for me to copy all of my custom posts onto a contributors only forum, compared to how easy it's going to be on here. I'm glad a community like this is still going, but I can't be bothered to spend what little time I have uploading my customs to each and every site. I will try upload new songs that I create and I wish to share though.

This forum definitely has some extra features that smithy doesn't, the main disadvantage I'm finding is all the bloody adds popping up every second. Atleast there aren't these problems on the smaller non-member sites.

Last thing, I've been listening to Steel Panthers new album all night last night and all day today.

Absolutely loving it and will be making some of their new songs as customs shortly :) 

Ludwig van Beethoven

Bottom one is fine, i now think its a conflict when using windows phones to access this site.

tries to get me to install something to get the chat working, but it is always there at the top of the screen. A bit annoying but not the sites fault, more Microsoft i think

Ludwig van Beethoven

It's possible they maybe able to be inserted from the backend so you don't have to insert them all manually, however I don't deal with CDLC's so i'm not 100% sure, though no doubt when one of the other Dev's that do deal with it are on, they might be able to tell you better.

• Like 1

hopefully you're right Ally because it will be a long time before I feel the need to upload each of my past songs again, but its a shame not to have them included in the database/search etc.

Ludwig van Beethoven

hopefully you're right Ally because it will be a long time before I feel the need to upload each of my past songs again, but its a shame not to have them included in the database/search etc.

I will ask one of the Dev's who will know, I don't want you to have to upload that many manually, it would be a very tendious job, i'm damn sure I can think of a way of doing it, but with not working on that part I don't know how they are working it to sort it for you myself.

I've just left a message for some of the other Dev's hopefully one of them can upload them.

• Like 1

There's a whole lot of welcoming back and very little answering his original question.  Aren't there any admins or site devs who can help him with a bulk upload?

I did answer, and I am trying to point someone into the right direction so they can help him out.

• Like 1

If all else fails, your songs are all available from a single link, just give someone else permission to post them (giving you credit of course). That way they are in the data base.

BTW welcome back.

Also for mods, is it ok to post a link for all a charters CDLC rather than individual tracks?

It's possible they maybe able to be inserted from the backend so you don't have to insert them all manually, however I don't deal with CDLC's so i'm not 100% sure, though no doubt when one of the other Dev's that do deal with it are on, they might be able to tell you better.

I would think it would hurt to insert that many in the backend.

Zing!

• Like 1

I contacted Soilman via PM regarding the backend insertion that I'm totally not afraid of :smile:

@@hdnsmbt It takes a big man to admit that.

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

I would think it would hurt to insert that many in the backend.

Zing!

Yeah could be painful, willing to give anything a go once *i did not just say that*

• Like 1

Thanks everyone for the replies. I will work with hdnsmbt to try and get my customs added to this amazing database of customs.

At the same time, i will start on a few new songs and upload onto here as normal.

Ludwig van Beethoven

Bottom one is fine, i now think its a conflict when using windows phones to access this site.tries to get me to install something to get the chat working, but it is always there at the top of the screen. A bit annoying but not the sites fault, more Microsoft i think

Hi Soilman,

I am using Tapatalk with an Android Phone for this forum.

It works very well ...

:cool: