Non-Appearing Handshape Lane Highlight issue

Hi guys,

I've been following your work from the last month or so, BTW, and you guys have done incredible work!!!! Thank-you!!

I have an issue, that may or may not be Remastered related.

While final testing my imminent CDLC, Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun, I encountered a strange issue. See animated GIF below from my custom's outro with 2 similar successive handshapes, where the first works perfectly in-game but the 2nd neglects to highlight the lanes in blue on each side.

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Questions%20for%20CF/Non-appearing%20handshape%20lane%20highlights/Blaze_SatS_NonAppearingHSlanehighlights_zpszk0maktj.gif

It doesn't seem to be an EoF issue since the XML looks as it should.

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad41/Berneer/CustomsForgeStuff/Questions%20for%20CF/Non-appearing%20handshape%20lane%20highlights/EoF%20screenshot%20and%20pertinent%20code_zpsfc6qawc4.png

I am using latest toolkit 2.7.1.0-2933f3b1 from October 24.

First noticed issue: October 8 packing with CST v2.7.1.0-53552b41 (I retouched the synch in this version, rel to Sep22)

Last functionning packing: September 22 pcking with CST v2.7.1.0-7b9489e5

I happen to have handy a video playthrough from September 22 packing from before the Remastered Rocksmith 2014 release on Oct 4 in which you could see from 7:10 to 7:16 in the following link, that it worked fine in the past. (Top left quadrant which is the lead PART Real_Guitar arrangement in which the issue exists)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3dkcbUdF7k

This makes me wonder if something in the toolkit has inadvertently changed due to "Remastered". I just can't tell if it is a toolkit issue or not or just the game glitching and beyond repair.

Here is a link to all my files of any interest including psarc from Sept 22, Oct 8, and latest from Oct25.

Anyone know why this is happening and, more importantly, how to fix it? Remarking the handshape in EoF didn't solve my problem.

My PC:

OS: Windows 10 Home Version 1511, OS build 10586.633 - 64 bit, RAM 32GB

CPU: Intel® CORE i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00Ghz

AV: Haven't installed any - useless.  Even with them I have to re-install Windows every 6 months

.NET Framework 4.6.1

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Oh boy, I am so sorry @@raynebc and anybody who read this. I figured out the problem. It is not a Toolkit problem and it is not an EoF problem it is a Berneer problem...  After re-looking at the above GIF, I noticed a peculiar thing, "Why is there a 5 fret width on the first 3 notes?" Looking via EoF I noticed that the FHP was 1ms too late, and Rocksmith didn't know what to make a of handshape beginning one instant and FHP changing 1ms later. On Oct 8, I was making tiny resync tweaks in the intro and despite anchors in place, EoF export recalculations must have shifted something by 1ms due to round off or something, without me noticing, and screwed up the FHP, which interestingly, only removed the lane highlights.... Man, testing and re-testing and re-re-testing a custom before release is so important.

raynebc, I simply made a handshape marking for both series of 3 notes to show that each set of  3 notes could be nicely played with one handshape, which by defintion should highlight the left and right lane with blue highlights. Am I misunderstanding your question?

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy