Number of arrangement available in RS Remastered

• Administrator

So far many users had arrangement with more than 5 arrangement randomly crashes on them if they stayed on the song page. Many user have reported to be able to avoid the crashes by simply quickly going into the arrangement but that also means that reaching Bonus arrangement are forbidden in such case which seems completely counter productive as the update was supposed to make bonus arrangement more reachable easily.

Cases for non-DD AND DD arrangement :

Since the remaster update, DD can be setup to the user liking so having non-DD arrangement doesn't make sense anymore so this is fix by the update itself

Metronome arrangement :

I guess the toollkit could create a second CDLC with a different DLCID (and maybe a name that indicate which one is the original and which one have the metronome activated) to allow both CDLC to live together inside RS and still allow user to have access to every single arrangement without any issue.

Even if RS doesn't necessarily crash as some seems to report (i still have to encounter a case like that myself...) the 6 and more arrangement are impossible to select inside RS interface anyway as they create a glitch in the display.

PS : NO official DLC have more than 5 arrangement ever.

PPS : i already have posted an issue about it on the github of the toolkit, i'll try to crosspost any information i think are necessary for the dev of the toolkit but everyone is encourage to also take the discussion up there.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I believe the bonus arrangements above 5 can be reached with the mouse wheel, and selected with no problem.

But the score attack vanishes down from the screen, it can only be selected blind-eyed

If the 5th arrangement is reached but not selected for a while, RS crashes, but it doesn't seem to crash after it's played.

This happens with Don Henley - Boys of Summer

Anyway, its a NO GO, and I know what I have to do for the Weekend ;)

I guess I could live with seperate metronome DLCs... I see the following pros:

• Potentially prevent crashes
  • Prevent bugged UI
  • With the word 'metronome' or similar in the song name, we can search them ingame easily
  • creating a dedicated metronome playlist and using it in non-stop play would become feasible
  • I already use seperate DLCs for official songs where I added the metronome

... and cons:

• In an extreme case, our song lists become twice as long. This is visually more unpleasing to me than the bugged UI in the arrangement selection
  • Scrolling through the song list becomes more complicated (although this can be handled with playlists)
  • mastery progress info is seperated and becomes harder to track
  • When uploading, downloading and sharing we have to handle multiple files

I will admit that the pros seem to outweight the cons. I am, however, not satisfied with the explanation that the arrangement number alone is the problem. I would instead assume that the problematic CDLC have some other unknown bug that might be worth finding.

Even if RS doesn't necessarily crash as some seems to report (i still have to encounter a case like that myself...)

Please try one of my customs and see if they work for you, just out of curiosity.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dc9f5h8n0l8dkd0/AAB031VltmNa5vUnkVfbKJ3Fa?dl=0

(Farin Urlaub and Jethro Tull are in E Standard, Devin Townsend is Open C)

Can someone point me to a CDLC that is causing a crash?

I believe the bonus arrangements above 5 can be reached with the mouse wheel, and selected with no problem.

But the score attack vanishes down from the screen, and can't be selected

Using the arrow key down and then 'enter', I can select score attack as well

(did you edit your post in the meantime?^^)

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Administrator

@@Azrael Aqualung didn't crashed RS but Farin Urlaub did without being able to do anything.

You can indeed select the other element but it's a blind selection which isn't perfect.

Maybe the crash aren't linked to arrangement but the way i had a CDLC i created constantly crash RS when there was 6 arrangement and the way it worked without any issue when i got rid of an arrangement while changing nothing to the others arrangement make me doubt there's a lot of others reason for it. I might be wrong and it seems that different installation of RS behave differently but i tend to prefer the "safe" option rather than the "maybe buggy" one :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Well, now I had my first crash, with a version of my own custom generated by the remastered.exe I created for test purposes. Cannot tell if this is really linked, though.

Now I am curious what the devs think about the "creating seperate metronome CDLCs" approach and whether it is technically possible. By the way: Wasn't there at some point the idea of packaging multiple songs into a single psarc file? This could remove another entry from my "cons" list :-)

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Developer

"Now I am curious what the devs think about the "creating seperate metronome CDLCs" approach and whether it is technically possible."  I  don't have an opinion about this other than it seems like a good idea to follow the new limit restrictions if you want your CDLC to work in the game.  It is feasible just follow the limits.

By the way: Wasn't there at some point the idea of packaging multiple songs into a single psarc file?  I incorporated the option to create Song Packs from multiple CDLC files a while ago into the toolkit.  This feature can be found in the toolkit Packer/Unpacker tab.  Take any number of CDLC and package them up into a single Song Pack.  This should work nicely for what you are discussing.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Administrator

@ well in a way i prefer to see thousand of updated customs as that would indicate charter actually take times to get things done properly but since the toolkit and later on the CFSM app will do this on the user side (at least the 100% fix), customs won't need to be updated. It would just be easier for everyone if they were imo.

About those adjustment @@cozy1 is probably the one that could answer if it's doable or not and i would probably drop that idea into the github but i can't promise a thing about it. Maybe @@Lovroman would have something to say about it too regarding the CFSM side of things?

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• 2 weeks later...

Metronome arrangement :

I guess the toollkit could create a second CDLC with a different DLCID (and maybe a name that indicate which one is the original and which one have the metronome activated) to allow both CDLC to live together inside RS and still allow user to have access to every single arrangement without any issue.

@@cozy1

I was offline for quite a while, but now I would like to get back to topic concerning the metronome bonus arrangements:

Would it be technically possible to change the tickbox "Create Metronome Bonus Arrangement" into "Create additional Metronome CDLC", as suggested by firekorn?

The additional psarc could have "_M" in the name (just like "_DD" and "_NDD"), and the string "(Metronome)" added to the fields song title and song title sort.

Cheers

• Administrator

@@Azrael "M" is used for indicating mac file in the naming convention of psarc so i'm not sure that letter in itself would be the best option in the file name or at least not just "M" :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Developer

@Azrael  It should be possible to create a separate metronome arrangement.  I think @@Alex360 put this feature together for you originally.  Maybe he has some ideas on what is best way to break out a metronome only CDLC.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

On the plus side, it is possible that the too many arrangements crashing issue has been fixed by Ubisoft in yesterday's update. 

I had a few CDLCs that folks PM'ed me about saying that they crashed Remastered. They were the ones which had 6 arrangements (two each of lead, rhythm and bass). After receiving the update last night, I tried playing some of the ones that they specifically mentioned as party crashers. Every one of them played without crashing (there is still the issue of not being able to see the final arrangement - even though you can still select it - but that would be a major user interface "fix" and I don't see that happening as it only affects a small number of CDLCs). I will still update mine to only have DD arrangements, but this should be good news for TomSawyer2525 and Dredfoxx, and fans of their customs -- assuming it's true of their 6 arrangement customs as well.   :)

Can anyone confirm or deny that the update fixed the crashes?

• Like 1

• Administrator

@@Azrael Nothing has changed regarding the UI and Ubi has 0 reason to fix it ever as no ODLC have more than 5 arrangement. It's always worth a check up but i wouldn't bet on it...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Stability increased -- random program freezes and crashes on multiple platforms should no longer occur.

This is from the change log of the latest patch... so it is possible that ubisoft fixed it. But our bug appears to be quite random, so maybe Lacey just got lucky and they didn't fix it at all.

Just for the record: I got to the point where I would prefer the "seperate metronome CLDC" idea over the current state ;-) (mainly because having the word metronome in the song title would allow sorting, creating lists and in general find metronome songs ingame faster)

• 2 weeks later...

I have 1400 ish cdlc, and so many of them have more than 5 arrangements, pretty annoying and time consuming to go through and manually fix them all.. Try to play the cdlc and the game crashes. Sometimes i can hit esc fast and get out before the game crashes, but it seems to be limited to 1 or 2 times before the game crashes.

Are you guys working on a way to mass fix this problem as well? A lot of the people who made the cdlc seems to not care enough to fix it and upload a new version, or maybe they have lost interest in it, i dont know. But would be great if anything like this was in the works

• Like 1

• Developer

The problem with the mass fix is deciding which arrangement(s) to ditch.  I could make a mass fix that ditches sufficient bonus arrangements till there are only 5 total playable arrangements in the CDLC.  I am not sure everyone would be happy with sort of arbitrary trashing of arrangements which is why it makes more sense to open each CDLC in the toolkit and you decide what to keep or toss.  The toolkit now has a warning if you try to generate a CDLC that has more than 5 playable arrangements.  Let me know what you think/want.  I will be glad to put together a CLI bulk max arrangement tool.  Just let me know what type of selection criteria you want to use for removing arrangements.

• Like 2

How about the batch arrangement remover to ask the user,

"Do you want this batch tool to:

1) automatically remove bonus arrangements until the maximum of 5 arrangements is reached

OR

2) Ask you on a CDLC by CDLC basis:

i ) select which arrangements (not limited to bonus arrangements) to remove

OR

ii ) Skip: do not remove any arrangements. User to later determine which to remove.

Then a log (windowed or text file) to show what action was taken for each culprit CDLC, so the user can go through each custom and decide one at a time, then rerun the batch arrangement remover again.

Cheers!

"A dreamer is someone who wants beyond what is reasonable. A hero is a dreamer who cannot take no for an answer." (Martin Spina)

My Released CDLC - Blaze Bayley - Stare at the Sun & MacGyver Theme Song & Iron Maiden - No More Lies

Check out the Tech Notes Tutorial Version 1.1 // Chordify Tutorial Rough Draft.

• Developer

#2 does not lend itself well to function as a bulk removal tool.  You may as well use toolkit if you want to have this much interaction.  Not trying to be a SA, just saying. 

Plz take a look at CGT File Manager and uncheck option to combine arrangements (under Fresh Load).  Here I could use checkboxes to select which arrangements to discard.  Let me know if that works.  You still need to go song by song but it is faster than using toolkit.

• Like 1

• Administrator

For me here's the order i would get rid of things :

1) NDD element when there's a DD arrangement in the same path : Remaster now allow for a system wide DD deactivation for those who want to so there's no reason to offer that choice through multiple arrangement anymore

2) Metronome (the idea of creating a side CDLC specific for the metronome function could be thrown in there too)

3) more than 2 arrangement for a single path or maybe ask the user which path should be the first impacted and which path to protect : it should be pretty rare to arrive at this point though.

• Like 3

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

The problem with the mass fix is deciding which arrangement(s) to ditch.  I could make a mass fix that ditches sufficient bonus arrangements till there are only 5 total playable arrangements in the CDLC.  I am not sure everyone would be happy with sort of arbitrary trashing of arrangements which is why it makes more sense to open each CDLC in the toolkit and you decide what to keep or toss.  The toolkit now has a warning if you try to generate a CDLC that has more than 5 playable arrangements.  Let me know what you think/want.  I will be glad to put together a CLI bulk max arrangement tool.  Just let me know what type of selection criteria you want to use for removing arrangements.

The toolkit counts showlights and vocals as 1 arrangement each as well, i noticed that when i fixed up a few cdlc the other day, at first i removed enough arrangements so that there were only 5 total, including showlights and vocals, but i discovered later that i didnt have to remove that many. Worked fine to have lead, bonus lead, rhythm, bonus rhythm, bass, showlights and vocals, even though i got the 5 arrangments warning

I don't own a bass, and i don't have any interest in playing bass atm, so it would probably be pretty safe to have a mass fix that removed the bass tracks. I usually don't play bonus arrangements much.

If the cdlc has several bonus lead and rhythm paths it could just remove the NDD track as firekorn said, if it has one. But i dont think i have any cdlc with several bonus lead or rhythm parts, most of the bugged cdlc has 2 arrangements for each path, for 6 total.

Edit: is there a way to sort after number of arrangments in CF song manager? That would also speed up the process a lot, would be easier to see how many problem tracks i have to deal with.

• Administrator

@@Wormweed You are a guitarist but some people are mostly bassist so getting rid of bass arrangement first is a no for all of those players.

The issue with the toolkit counting vocals and showlight has been fixed in the latest beta version as far as i'm aware. Any non playable arrangement don't count toward that limit as they aren't shown on the learn a song menu.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Developer

"The toolkit counts showlights and vocals as 1 arrangement each as well"  This was fixed a couple of revs ago.  You need to get the latest beta toolkit.

"is there a way to sort after number of arrangments in CF song manager?"  No.  We would have to add a column "Arrangement Count" to do this then you would have to go from CFSM to toolkit to process, back and forth.  Don't think that would be good process, IMHO.

"I don't own a bass, and i don't have any interest in playing bass atm, so it would probably be pretty safe to have a mass fix that removed the bass tracks. I usually don't play bonus arrangements much."  This would be a good option, when combined with firekorns suggestions.

• Like 1

"is there a way to sort after number of arrangments in CF song manager?"  No.  We would have to add a column "Arrangement Count" to do this then you would have to go from CFSM to toolkit to process, back and forth.  Don't think that would be good process, IMHO.

That's what i have done now, checking CFSM then going into the toolkit to fix it, and you are right about it being a lot of back and forth.

@@firekorn I know there are many bass players, so i was just speaking for myself. But maybe it would be possible to sellect what arrangements you would like to remove when you start the fix? And then have the fix remove that arrangement from all cdlc with too many arrangements, like an apply to all feature.

• Developer

I am looking if I can do arrangement removal inside CFSM new Repair feature.  Maybe a series of check boxes, e.g. remove NDD, remove bass, remove guitar, remove bonus, remove metronome.  Any others?  Think this would do the trick if I can implement in CFSM.

• Like 1

• Developer

@group  CFSM Beta 1.2.6.9 is ready for testing.  I added some new features to the Repairs tab to fix the Max5 Bug by limiting the number of playable arrangements in CDLC to five.  You can pick and choose how this is done with different checkbox options.

Overview:  CFSM 'Repairs' feature is a GUI for making bulk repairs to all CDLC files that are located in the Rocksmith 2014 'dlc' folder and subfolders.  Once repaired these CDLC may be played bug free in Rocksmith 2014 Remastered (RS14R).

Usage Option #1 (for Rocksmith 2014 Remastered players):

1. Start CFSM 1.2.6.9 Beta or newer, select 'Repairs' tab.
  2. Make sure "Repair 100% Mastery Bug" and "Add DD" radio buttons are selected (have a black dot in the circle).  This will repair CDLC and add Dynamic Difficulty (DD) to CDLC that do not already have DD so that in game Song Stats are maintained properly.
  3. Press the "Restore (.org) Backups" button.
  4. If you want to preserve in game Song Stats then check the 'Preserve Existing Song Stats' checkbox.  This option only preserve Song Stats for CDLC that have not been played in  RS14R (CDLC that do not yet have the 100% Mastery Bug).
  5. Press the big 'Repair 100% Master Bug' button to start the repairs.
  6. Go get a beer or two while your CDLC collection is repaired.
  7. Start the game and play your repaired CDLC collection.

Footnote:  Corrupt CDLC and CDLC that Exceed the Playable Arrangements Limit (aka Max5 Bug) are moved to appropriate subfolders inside the 'backup' folder which is located in the Rocksmith 2014 root folder.  CDLC that Exceed the Playable Arrangements may be repaired by following Usage Option #2 instructions below.

Usage Option #2 (for CFSM users who want to repair the Max5 Bug):

1. Follow and apply Usage Option #1 repairs to the entire CDLC collection.
  2. Close the CFSM application after the CDLC collection has been Option #1 repaired.
  3. Locate the 'dlc' folder inside the Rocksmith 2014 root folder.
  4. Drag (move) the 'dlc' folder to your systems root, e.g. C:\  (We are effectively removing all DLC and CDLC from the game.)
  5. Create a new EMPTY 'dlc' folder inside the Rocksmith 2014 root folder to replace the folder that was moved in Step 4.
  6. Start CFSM and select 'Repairs' tab.
  7. Press the 'Restore (.max) Backups' button.  This will load the empty 'dlc' folder with all CDLC that have the Max5 Bug.
  8. Make sure "Repair 100% Mastery Bug" and "Add DD" radio buttons are selected.
  9. Select the 'Repair Maximum Playable Arrangements' radio button.  This will activate the repair option checkboxes.
  10. Now you have to make a tough choice.  Which arrangements to remove from the CDLC that have the Max5 Bug?  If you are a Bass player then you may want to 'Remove Guitar' arrangements.  On the flip side, if you are a Guitar player you may want to 'Remove Bass' arrangements.  My suggestion is to start by selecting 'Remove Bonus' and see how many CDLC are fixed with just that one option selected.  Then if you need to fix more CDLC you can add additional checkbox options.  I know you are going to have to think about and re-read this step to get the concept of removing arrangements.
  11. The final step is to merge the CDLC that were repaired using Option #1 to the CDLC that have been repaired using Option #2.  Do this by dragging the files and any subfolders from the C:\'dlc' folder into the Rocksmith 2014 root 'dlc' folder.
  12. Start the game and play your repaired CDLC collection.

Usage Option #3 (for CDLC charters who want to repair the Max5 Bug):

1. Follow and apply Usage Option #1 repairs to the entire CDLC collection.
  2. Close the CFSM application after the CDLC collection has been Usage Option #1 repaired.
  3. Locate the 'dlc' folder inside the Rocksmith 2014 root folder.
  4. Drag (move) the 'dlc' folder to your systems root, e.g. C:\  (We are effectively removing all DLC and CDLC from the game.)
  5. Create a new EMPTY 'dlc' folder inside the Rocksmith 2014 root folder to replace the folder that was moved in Step 4.
  6. Put the CDLC that you have charted that have the Max5 Bug into the empty 'dlc' folder.  Also see Step 11 'Trick' below for how to locate the 'dlc' folder anywhere you choose.
  7. Start CFSM and select 'Repairs' tab.
  8. Make sure "Repair 100% Mastery Bug" and "Add DD" radio buttons are selected.
  9. Select the 'Repair Maximum Playable Arrangements' radio button.  This will activate the repair option checkboxes.
  10. Now select appropriate options that you think will repair the CDLC that you have charted.  My suggestion is to start by selecting 'Remove Bonus' and see how many CDLC are fixed with just that one option selected.  (As an example, checking 'Remove Bonus' repairs most CDLC for charter LaceyB's work.)  (Checking 'Remove Metronome' may repair CDLC for charter Azrael)  Note: Azrael may be able to produce Metronome only CDLC with the tool by checking all checkbox options except 'Remove Metronome'.  One TRICK is to set the CFSM Setting tab 'Rocksmith Installation Directory' to a 'dlc' work directory that you choose which can be anywhere on the system and only contains the work that you want to fix and re-author.  Remember this is a bulk repair tool so you only want CDLC that you want to repair to be in the 'dlc' folder where ever it is located.  ;)
  11. Play around with the Usage Option #3 until you achieve the output you are looking for.

First Draft

See New Draft below.

• Like 1

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy