(Semi) Complex bends

Hornet871

Hey everyone, I'm working on a custom in which I'm stuck tabbing the solo by ear, and it consists of a few bend-and-release notes (similar to that in the main riff in 'Back in Black'), and I was wondering if someone might be able to describe how I might do that with EoF?

As an example from the solo, I need to do a whole-step bend on the 14th fret of the G-string, and bend back down. My initial thought is to use tech notes, and place one with a whole-step bend in the center, and another with a 0-step at the end, but I'm not sure how that would turn out in-game, nor do I know how to compile the CDLC to test it (I'm creating as I'm learning)

Any help regarding the compiling or the bends would be limitlessly appreciated!

That's basically the right idea. Between the two bend tech notes the bend will progress linearly, so if you have just have 0--------2-------0 both the bend and the release will be gradual, which may not be quite what you want. Something like 0--0--2--------2--0 would be a short hold of the initial note, a relatively quick bend up a step which is then held a while, then a relatively quick release of the bend. You can imagine other configurations that should be able to get you what you need.

Also, I'll say that you can often see bends in EoF using spectrogram view (see for example this post). In the image you can see how I aligned the tech notes to match the relatively gradual bend and quicker release.

• Like 1

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!