Rocksmith remastered discussion (part 2)

Unleashed2k

Question

• Administrator

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

FAQ:

Q: My CDLC doesn't work!
A: For windows: Please use the new .dll | Mac: Please use the Patch. You can get both here
For further help regarding customs not playing see : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play
A: Thanks to @@cozy1 and @@Lovroman you can now update all your collection in the 1.2.6.4 beta version of CFSM that can be found here : http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: The play count isn't getting updated when i play CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how it counts the number of time someone play a song which seems be related to DD instead of only section as it was before the remaster. So any CDLC without DD won't have is play count properly working.

Q: I'm getting crashes when on the Learn A Song page of some CDLC?

A: The remaster update changed how bonus and alternate arrangement are visible which also have a side effect of provoking random crashes when looking at songs that have too much (more than 5) arrangement in the Learn A Song area of the game. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: I'm getting an error when launching the Rocksmith Remastered
A: Please verify your integrity via Steam. We do not support pirated copies and we will ban you if caught with a copy. Make sure to have Cherub Rock DLC to be able to use CDLC.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?

A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.
This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

Edited by firekorn
Added stuff :)
  • Like 21

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Hello guys.

I haven't played any CDLC yet, so I'm trying to figure out how to get it to work.

I've downloaded Cherub rock, as well as the remastered 42.dll file. 

I put it into the root RS2014 folder, put some songs intoo the DLC folder, started the game and no DLC was shown. 

I reinstalled RS, but unfortunately it did not help.

What do? 

Thanks

I need help please! :c

I have the Remastered edition from Steam and I play with the RealTone cable.

I've downloaded the D3DX9_42.dll file and put it on the root folder (I didn't have to replace any fil tho).

I copied some CDLC into the DLC Folder but I can not see them from the game.

I was playing well with all my CDLC with the original Rocksmith 2014 (before the Remastered update).

I was reading something about buying the Cherub Rock pack, do I need that? Because it isn't free on steam XD

Please, help me! :C my game is also up to date.

• Like 1

So i brought rocksmith along time ago and i just recently updated to Rocksmith 2014 edition. My CDLC'S wouldn't work so i purchased cherub rock and now there fine. My rs1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc (50mb) loads fine but my rs1compatibilitydisc_p.psarc (200mb) wont even get recognised, all the songs are missing but i could play them before i updated. Any way to fix this, please i don't want to have to re-purchase the rs1 compatibility disc.

• Like 1

Okay I'm fuming at the moment so I will bulletpoint my problem.

.Playing Rocksmith. Everything was fine.

.Installed another CDLC song (Demon Hunter) and I got the bug where i can't do anything past tuning.

.Tried the "fix", replaced the .dll file, restarted my pc.

.Rocksmith would then not launch at all second I clicked it I got a black screen and it crashes

.Completely reinstalled Rocksmith again.

.Tried installing CDLC and doing the patch again. SAME THING HAPPENS

.One sad guitarist :(

Can anyone please help me... I was hoping to play all day today.

• Like 4

Hello there. So I tried all you guys said and now the game won't even open. I use the NoCable crack and now I have issues with "offsets". What should I do?

EDIT: If I take the file "D3DX9_42.dll" out of the Rocksmith folder it opens normally, but it freezes after the tuning part.

My rs1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc (50mb) loads fine but my rs1compatibilitydisc_p.psarc (200mb) wont even get recognised, all the songs are missing but i could play them before i updated.

I'm sorry for digging out this old thread but how do you check that "rs1compatibilitydlc_p.psarc" loads fine?