Rocksmith remastered discussion (part 2)

Unleashed2k

Question

• Administrator

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

FAQ:

Q: My CDLC doesn't work!
A: For windows: Please use the new .dll | Mac: Please use the Patch. You can get both here
For further help regarding customs not playing see : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play
A: Thanks to @@cozy1 and @@Lovroman you can now update all your collection in the 1.2.6.4 beta version of CFSM that can be found here : http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: The play count isn't getting updated when i play CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how it counts the number of time someone play a song which seems be related to DD instead of only section as it was before the remaster. So any CDLC without DD won't have is play count properly working.

Q: I'm getting crashes when on the Learn A Song page of some CDLC?

A: The remaster update changed how bonus and alternate arrangement are visible which also have a side effect of provoking random crashes when looking at songs that have too much (more than 5) arrangement in the Learn A Song area of the game. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: I'm getting an error when launching the Rocksmith Remastered
A: Please verify your integrity via Steam. We do not support pirated copies and we will ban you if caught with a copy. Make sure to have Cherub Rock DLC to be able to use CDLC.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?

A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.
This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

Edited by firekorn
Added stuff :)
  • Like 21

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Administrator

@@Crump94 i guess i don't spam that link enough : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

4) Make sure it's named "D3DX9_42.dll" and exactly that (browser adds "(1)" at the end of file name when you download something multiple times for exemple)

(note that this link is in the first post of this topic, the thing everyone should read first)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

@@Crump94 i don't mind the video, if it helps spread the word but the way the video imply that the solution is "new" or isn't indicated anywhere when i post that link in every topic about CDLC issue and that this post is close to one year old already is a bit frustrating to say it nicely :)

If only people were actually properly reading the first post (or the faq or the rule), life would be better for everyone a lot!

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@Crump94 i don't mind the video, if it helps spread the word but the way the video imply that the solution is "new" or isn't indicated anywhere when i post that link in every topic about CDLC issue and that this post is close to one year old already is a bit frustrating to say it nicely :)

If only people were actually properly reading the first post (or the faq or the rule), life would be better for everyone a lot!

firekorn i really appreciate the help youv'e given me in fixing my issues but look how long this thread is.  Most people arent going to spend 2 hours going through forums even if a viable solution has already been given.  

• Administrator

@@Dobermann315 my post as been update minutes after the dll changed after the remastered update and i post this link everywhere i can. I get that searching 2 hours can be boring but the link to my post is in the FIRST post of this thread which act as a FAQ for the remastered update.

If people can't go to the first post and read it, i'm not sure they even bothered to search for a solution or i'm really curious HOW they actually searched for their solution...

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

FAQ:

Q: My CDLC doesn't work!

A: For windows: Please use the new .dll | Mac: Please use the Patch. You can get both here

For further help regarding customs not playing see : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play

A: Thanks to @@cozy1 and @@Lovroman you can now update all your collection in the 1.2.6.4 beta version of CFSM that can be found here : http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: The play count isn't getting updated when i play CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how it counts the number of time someone play a song which seems be related to DD instead of only section as it was before the remaster. So any CDLC without DD won't have is play count properly working.

Q: I'm getting crashes when on the Learn A Song page of some CDLC?

A: The remaster update changed how bonus and alternate arrangement are visible which also have a side effect of provoking random crashes when looking at songs that have too much (more than 5) arrangement in the Learn A Song area of the game. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: I'm getting an error when launching the Rocksmith Remastered

A: Please verify your integrity via Steam. We do not support pirated copies and we will ban you if caught with a copy. Make sure to have Cherub Rock DLC to be able to use CDLC.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?

A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.

This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

My rocksmith says "Unable to initialize steamAPI" I tried to verify integerity, but still didn't work

Hi folks,

I just restarted to play Rocksmith after a long time and got surprised by the new update... and what comes with it.

I followed all the instructions on the website for fixing the problem, downloading the DLL file and substituting it to the old one, no name changes. My OS is Windows 10 so I don't see any other instructions for it. Still, none of my CDLC appears on the list when the game's on. I had a huge archive, so it's kinda pissing me off...

Any ideas about how to fix it? I tried to uninstall and reinstall again, still not working.

@@firekorn I had Cherub Rock in my DLCs before the update if I'm not wrong... there's also a cherubrock.psarc file in my folder, I just checked. Do I need to do anything else?

EDIT: also, I didn't have a UPlay account, only a local one. Could that be a problem for the new version? Should I create a UPlay account?

Hi, everyone. I need some help. Ever since the update that allows you to use a microphone instead of the Real Tone Cable, Rocksmith won't recognize my Real Tone Cable. My PC sees it in my recording devices and it picks up the signal as well. I have already verified game files, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, unplugged and plugged in the cable, and uninstalled the cable from devices. Any help would greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

• Administrator

@@BudgetaryCupid https://www.reddit.com/r/rocksmith/comments/5kmkqm/pcmac_players_help_betatest_two_fixes/

@@Zelan are you sure steam see it as installed :

http://i.imgur.com/u6e7Sup.png

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Hi,

since the remastered version my game is quite slow. The recognition of notes is ok, but the notepath is stuttering quite much. I am on a laptop and use minimal graphics settings so that it was very playable before, but now.... Any hints/tips?

Carsten

Don't know if anyone else has had this problem but since the first Remastered patch came out I've been unable to tune the E string on my bass when trying to tune to E Standard. The arm will swing into place but not "lock on" and then swings away again. All the other strings will tune to E Standard without problem.

The odd thing is that if I tune to anything else, for instance Drop D, it does so without any problem whatsoever. But as soon as I then revert to E Standard tuning....well, I have to use the old "by ear" method! Not game changing but just annoying.

I've tried re-setting levels, re-calibrating....basically everything short of re-installing the thing which I am loath to do. If anyone has any ideas....

Cheers!

• Like 1