Rocksmith remastered discussion (part 2)

Unleashed2k

Question

• Administrator

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

FAQ:

Q: My CDLC doesn't work!
A: For windows: Please use the new .dll | Mac: Please use the Patch. You can get both here
For further help regarding customs not playing see : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play
A: Thanks to @@cozy1 and @@Lovroman you can now update all your collection in the 1.2.6.4 beta version of CFSM that can be found here : http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: The play count isn't getting updated when i play CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how it counts the number of time someone play a song which seems be related to DD instead of only section as it was before the remaster. So any CDLC without DD won't have is play count properly working.

Q: I'm getting crashes when on the Learn A Song page of some CDLC?

A: The remaster update changed how bonus and alternate arrangement are visible which also have a side effect of provoking random crashes when looking at songs that have too much (more than 5) arrangement in the Learn A Song area of the game. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: I'm getting an error when launching the Rocksmith Remastered
A: Please verify your integrity via Steam. We do not support pirated copies and we will ban you if caught with a copy. Make sure to have Cherub Rock DLC to be able to use CDLC.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?

A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.
This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

Edited by firekorn
Added stuff :)
  • Like 21

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Does anyone have the exact instructions (step by step) to use CDLC's for Rocksmith Remastered on the Mac? I've tried all the instructions on the post I've seen, nothing has seemed to work for me. Is there a video for it on youtube? 

Does anyone have the exact instructions (step by step) to use CDLC's for Rocksmith Remastered on the Mac? I've tried all the instructions on the post I've seen, nothing has seemed to work for me. Is there a video for it on youtube? 

@@Wepeel thanks again it help a lot. I've been able to add the _m.psarc cdlc's, but haven't been able to get the tool kit to work. Doesn't seem to open, and unable to convert the pc to mac files. Any suggestions?

@@firekorn the latest test version did seem to address the 100% bug showing up (songs that for sure had it are showing more correct results, other songs are too).

I have one other issue - I am seeing still that some of the songs that I converted are not showing up - they work fine in the PC version, there wasn't any error reported from converting them - they seem to just not show for some reason or other - would you have any advice on this issue?

@@Trailofthedead,

What version of the Toolkit are you trying to run?  The modified version I posted in my instructions, as well as v2.7.0.0-6d0cdeda work on MacOS 10.12.1.

The very latest version of the Toolkit posted on rscustom.net does not work however.

**Edit**

So I read through the code for the Terminal script that launches the Toolkit and the reason why it doesn't work is because there is an error in the code that determines the app path.  Once that line is fixed the app launches as normal, and no longer does the annoying Mono check.

@@Trailofthedead,

What version of the Toolkit are you trying to run?  The modified version I posted in my instructions, as well as v2.7.0.0-6d0cdeda work on MacOS 10.12.1.

The very latest version of the Toolkit posted on rscustom.net does not work however.

**Edit**

So I read through the code for the Terminal script that launches the Toolkit and the reason why it doesn't work is because there is an error in the code that determines the app path.  Once that line is fixed the app launches as normal, and no longer does the annoying Mono check.

Is there a way for me to fix the line? Thanks a lot for your help.

Desperately need help.. 

I just charted Funeral Hymn by Exodus, and the song starts fine in Rocksmith, but if I press Esc for the Pause Menu, or Space for Riff Repeater, then select Resume, the song won't resume...

If from the Pause Menu I select Restart, the song restarts fine...

I started working on the song this morning with an older version of EoF, just updated it to the latest one.. The song didn't resume before updating, and after the update it still doesn't resume..

I have the latest version of the Toolkit.

So the resume function doen't work.. What do I do?

Fixed it. Wwise was the problem. I re-packaged the DLC and instead of importing the .wem file, I imported the .wav straight to the Toolkit, which converted it automatically, now it all works...

Hi everyone,

i still have problems with Rocksmith amd the CDLSs. I have try to fix it with all i have found here but it still dosn´t work.

The Problem is that my Game Freezes when i choose a song. I can hear the song and my Guitar but everything else is gone.

If someone have an answere for my problem il be very thankfull for this

Sorry when i dont have found the answere if someone have write it here down.

Thanks for your help :)

• Administrator

@@chuku1981 get rid of norton (note that windows defender is probably the best AV you can use and it's free).

@@windsurfr First post of this topic.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

hey all - after a genius fix with October patch nightmare, i have been playing cdlc seamlessly through the actual game (not rsinjector) ever since...until i tried to start up RS today and it forced me to download the "patch" update before launching...and sure enough, now my CDLC's are f'd again. Can someone pls help point me to the re-fix for this new patch mess? I would much prefer RS w/o microphone mode but with all my CDLC's than microphone mode + 0 CDLC's! 

thanks as always

hey all - after a genius fix with October patch nightmare, i have been playing cdlc seamlessly through the actual game (not rsinjector) ever since...until i tried to start up RS today and it forced me to download the "patch" update before launching...and sure enough, now my CDLC's are f'd again. Can someone pls help point me to the re-fix for this new patch mess? I would much prefer RS w/o microphone mode but with all my CDLC's than microphone mode + 0 CDLC's! 

thanks as always

If you're on Mac, you need to re-run RUN_PATCH_RS.command.

http://customsforge.com/topic/33889-how-to-add-custom-songs-on-mac/

• Like 1