Rocksmith remastered discussion (part 2)

Unleashed2k

Question

• Administrator

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

FAQ:

Q: My CDLC doesn't work!
A: For windows: Please use the new .dll | Mac: Please use the Patch. You can get both here
For further help regarding customs not playing see : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play
A: Thanks to @@cozy1 and @@Lovroman you can now update all your collection in the 1.2.6.4 beta version of CFSM that can be found here : http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: The play count isn't getting updated when i play CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how it counts the number of time someone play a song which seems be related to DD instead of only section as it was before the remaster. So any CDLC without DD won't have is play count properly working.

Q: I'm getting crashes when on the Learn A Song page of some CDLC?

A: The remaster update changed how bonus and alternate arrangement are visible which also have a side effect of provoking random crashes when looking at songs that have too much (more than 5) arrangement in the Learn A Song area of the game. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: I'm getting an error when launching the Rocksmith Remastered
A: Please verify your integrity via Steam. We do not support pirated copies and we will ban you if caught with a copy. Make sure to have Cherub Rock DLC to be able to use CDLC.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?

A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.
This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

Edited by firekorn
Added stuff :)
  • Like 21

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

hello,

firts i thank u for a great work so far.

now i do have following problems:

1. im not a genius at computer and also i m not getting used to the english name of the folders.

2. my game is loading i can see all songs, i tune them and then if the game starts all keyboard is frozen and i only see the amplyfiers.

could someebody do a little video how to fix this problem. i dont get the most of your special words.

i try to install this dll. i download it and install it at the rocksmith folder, without any using other toolkit ore something like this.

as i sayed im not a genius and i know the problem in my case sit in front of the computer...;-)

andy

• Administrator

The number is automatically added when you download a file if there is already a file that has the exact name in your download folder (hence the number that will grow the more you download the same file) and yes it matters, if the name isn't exactly the one in the link i gave, it won't work at all, note that you can rename the file yourself directly without causing any issue.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

@@harleydavidson As i said, the number is added because you already have a file with that name in your download folder, if you don't want the number, you need to get rid of the files that are named D3DX9_42 in the folder where you download the files.

As i already said, you can rename the file when it's the Rocksmith 2014 root folder to give it the correct name...

You are clearly aren't correctly following the instructions and as long as you don't i can't do much apart trying to say the same thing with slightly different word...

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Hello,

Benn using cdlc on Mac for years.  Since the remastered 2014 automagically appeared (I never downloaded it or okayed an update) I couldn't get past the amp screen after tuning.  Tried to reinstall game, put in new dll and upgraded to RS injector 3.  Now the game won't launch when I double click the RS injector.app.  This is day three and two chats with steam.  I need some help, I have even tried doing a restore from a few days ago and starting from scratch.  In the hidden folder I no longer see the contents folder.  I have completely screwed this up, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mike

Hello guys,

thank you so much for your time spent to put everything working in such short time. :D
I don't understand many of the "technical" words, but with some patience and try n error I put all to work. But I have some errors.

And the feedback.

I got camera problem (Image http://imgur.com/7LcEZHJ)in some musics and also some random crashes.

And now just a little thing as I didn't hear from nobody, some musics shows the chords like this:
http://i.imgur.com/ij6z0Rl.jpg

• Administrator

@@covinhas87 That chord issue is related to the 100% bug fix and needs to be fix with EOF which should be fixed by the author himself.

About the camera issue, it's in the first post and the fix needs to come from the author.

And the random crash, well if it's random i'm not sure i can actually say why it's happening :D

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@covinhas87 That chord issue is related to the 100% bug fix and needs to be fix with EOF which should be fixed by the author himself.

I've seen this mentioned a few times, but one of my own CDLCs had this issue, and I know I didn't do anything wrong. I ended up having to load up the song in the toolkit to fix a volume issue caused by the CLI conversion, and when I generated the new psarc, the problem went away. I never even opened.EOF. What's the deal with this issue? I don't quite understand. 

Edit: Oh weird....there's no random number in my post. Firefox must've finally fixed whatever was causing it in the first place...

Edit 2: LOL never mind...

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

• Administrator

@@Billkwando this is appearing because of a change in how chord density is managed by both EOF and the toolkit made some time ago to allow for more complex chord management during the creation process. Older project that handle that tag differently ends up displaying incorrectly.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@Billkwando this is appearing because of a change in how chord density is managed by both EOF and the toolkit made some time ago to allow for more complex chord management during the creation process. Older project that handle that tag differently ends up displaying incorrectly.

Oh ok! I read that and immediately thought "Oh this custom's not THAT old", then I go and look at the upload date and it's 10/10/15. LOL

So it's safe to assume that much of the CDLC I've made is affected by this issue. Any way you could give me a date cutoff so I know just how many of my songs are affected? Actually I'm not even sure how much that would help, because I'm not the best about keeping everything up to the newest version all the time.

If I may ask, why is it that the CLI, which is part of the toolkit, is unable to prevent the problem, while generating a new psarc from the same version of the toolkit does? I'm just wondering if it's something that could be built into future versions of the CLI, because some of the more prolific CDLC makers are going to have their work cut out for them fixing all their files.

It's kinda funny that I originally asked about a batch method because I was hoping to avoid having to go back and reupload a bunch of my songs. Best laid plans, eh? . ;)

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

• Administrator

@@Billkwando i wouldn't be able to give a "cutoff date" for that. About the difference between the toolkit and the CLI, there shouldn't be any cause the CLI just use the toolkit function via a script and no UI so if one produce a different result, it's not the Toolkit that changed his way of doing things.

Note that i would strongly suggest any decent charter that are active to still go through their old file to make sure things are Remastered bug free (number of arrangement, section, phrase and DD for the camera and the play count). This 100% bug is just the tip of the iceberg here.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

comes up with the 'unable to initialize steam api' denuvo crap for me, 2 in a row now, hitman doesnt run for me anymore and now rocksmith 2014 remastered, trying verifying cache atm .. will report back, the dll didnt use hard coded addresses for the patch area, so unless ubisoft changed the signature check significantly it'll still work, however this denuvo crap means i cant even make a working dump to find the pattern.. grrrr

edit

file integrity - all good, so thats not the problem

renamed the d3dx9_42.dll to rule it out as being the problem - same shit "unable to intiialize steam api"

ran older backup rocksmith2014.exe - same shit "unable to initialize steam api"

i am online, and other steam games work fine...

so the problem clearly is with the denuvo code (perhaps their servers are down or something or they have a huge bug).. will keep trying but for now my hands are tied a bit...

the 'unable to initialize steam api' is the denuvo generic error message... so it doesnt help much

edit (final update)

OPT OUT OF THE STEAM CLIENT BETA IF YOU ARE USING IT - THIS IS THE SOURCE OF THE 'unable to initalize steam api' denuvo dialogbox...

then all works fine (including hitman)...

cdlc worked using the dll, so no change required... yay

Edited by evlncrn8

• Administrator

@@albatross213 It doesn't break CDLC, many people tried, nobody had issue...

@@evlncrn8 RS doesn't use Denuvo, just steam, usually that kind of error is because people don't own the game...

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography