Rocksmith remastered discussion (part 2)

Unleashed2k

Question

• Administrator

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

FAQ:

Q: My CDLC doesn't work!
A: For windows: Please use the new .dll | Mac: Please use the Patch. You can get both here
For further help regarding customs not playing see : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play
A: Thanks to @@cozy1 and @@Lovroman you can now update all your collection in the 1.2.6.4 beta version of CFSM that can be found here : http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: The play count isn't getting updated when i play CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how it counts the number of time someone play a song which seems be related to DD instead of only section as it was before the remaster. So any CDLC without DD won't have is play count properly working.

Q: I'm getting crashes when on the Learn A Song page of some CDLC?

A: The remaster update changed how bonus and alternate arrangement are visible which also have a side effect of provoking random crashes when looking at songs that have too much (more than 5) arrangement in the Learn A Song area of the game. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: I'm getting an error when launching the Rocksmith Remastered
A: Please verify your integrity via Steam. We do not support pirated copies and we will ban you if caught with a copy. Make sure to have Cherub Rock DLC to be able to use CDLC.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?

A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.
This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

Edited by firekorn
Added stuff :)
  • Like 21

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Not sure if this has been answered i have looked through the forum for answers.

Songs show up in library DLC and CDLC but there is no album cover picture and when you click on the song it dissappears ????

Anyone else having this issue ???

Mac user

Even before the update, this happened. It means you have broken/corrupt CDLC in your folder... unless you can figure out which one is the culprit, you need to remove your CDLC and add them in a little by little. Think of this as an opportunity to clean up your CDLC folder and remove the songs you don't play/like very much. :)

• Like 1

Not sure if this has been answered i have looked through the forum for answers.

Songs show up in library DLC and CDLC but there is no album cover picture and when you click on the song it dissappears ????

Anyone else having this issue ???

Mac user

Even before the update, this happened. It means you have broken/corrupt CDLC in your folder... unless you can figure out which one is the culprit, you need to remove your CDLC and add them in a little by little. Think of this as an opportunity to clean up your CDLC folder and remove the songs you don't play/like very much. :)

Same thing happens to me in "Learn a Song." I've found that "Nonstop Play" works just fine though, see if it's specifically one or the other or both. Otherwise, playing nonstop play is just fine for me! If neither work, make sure that default settings are on in the rs settings.

• Like 1

I see my DLC in the game, but when I select to play it, it asks me to tune then its just the screen with the two amps and now fret board or no music. What did I do wrong

Make sure you have the latest dll, large red banner top of this page, make sure its in the proper folder and is named correctly and there is no other dll by the same name in there. If there is delete it, start rs, go into learn a song, then back out of rs, place the dll in the folder you should be good to go.
  • Like 1

First, Thanks to all in the Rocksmith modding community!

Something I've noticed, and I think it applies to the Remastered Update, is that custom tags is broken.  If I use CFSM tagger to add the "Custom" graphic to my CDLC, it appears that the new tab is beneath the DLC tag.  As if it is a layering problem.  Top to bottom; original DLC Tag -> custom CFSM tag -> album cover art.

Anyone else notice this?  Is this a Remastered update issue or did this issue appear before and I'm now just noticing it?

Thanks guys.

EDIT: Okay, it's not the Remastered, it's just me.  Disregard.

Edited by Falken79

I was enjoying being able to view the songs by date, really handy to keep up with DLC over the years.

So then I needed to correct all my CDLC, no worries, did them all on one batch, worked a charm.But when I sort by date, all CDLC is listed as NEW, so now I have to browse past 150 songs to find my DLC. Any fix for this?

Cheers

BT

• Administrator

@@Bigtony Works have been aimed toward making CDLC works without bug so making the date added sort work is far from being a priority for now. It will be looked into but i wouldn't expect a fix for it as long as the 100% bug isn't properly taken care off (getting real close though).

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

@@BenJohnsonII If you own Cherub Rock, and the CDLC do show up, then yeah you are likely missing something but we can't help with information about what you did...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Follow this blue link, could help you.

If you're looking for the steam/common folder just do SHIFT/CMD/G and enter : ~/Library/Application Support/Steam

The link leads to an outdated dll.

Regards, ;-)

Edited by firekorn
Link was leading toward an outdated dll

• Administrator

@@ddeb Your link gives an outdated version of the dll which won't work with the Remastered update.

I've edited out the link to avoid user to get confused.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

i can only see my cdlcs and dlcs in non stop mode how do i get them in learn a song?

If I had to guess, maybe you need to play with the 3 sorting options on the side. I'm thinking maybe the filter is set too restrictively and is hiding everything? As nice as the filters are to have, they do take a little getting used to.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@ all who want to fix the 100% issue, realize that if you use the remastered batch or the new toolkit while creating new arr-id everything would be reset, also the leaderboard in SA, every single version will have it's own LB. :o

important for not resetting the stats is to use the remastered.exe-pre batch.

if everyone just uses the remastered.exe batch for his cdlcs this also will destroy the shared leaderboards!!!

save the Leaderboards 

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I'm having a camera issue in my new CDLC,  the camera doesn't move to the right hand positions. My old CDLC don't have this problem. I've updated EoF and RSToolkit. I've read the first post, and my customs do have sections placed in EoF, do I have to do something else? What am I missing?

Check out my Custom Inlays topic here

Customize those dots at fret 3, 5, 7,... with your favourite band logo!

Check out my Youtube channel here

Rock, Punk and Metal Rocksmith playthroughs, Just Dance Audio Swaps and Synthesia Piano Plays

Rise Against DG - ADTR DG - Enter Shikari DG

Beartooth DG - Senses Fail DG - Just Dance Topic

@@moojuiceyy you need to verify your game cache in your steam games library. To do this you need to open stem, then go to the library tab. Right click rocksmith and go down and click properties.  You will be brought to a menu, click on the "local files" tab, then click on "verify game cache". doing this will reconize that the file was put into the rocksmith folder and will activate" the new .dll file. Hope this helps