Rocksmith remastered discussion (part 2)

Unleashed2k

Question

• Administrator

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

FAQ:

Q: My CDLC doesn't work!
A: For windows: Please use the new .dll | Mac: Please use the Patch. You can get both here
For further help regarding customs not playing see : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play
A: Thanks to @@cozy1 and @@Lovroman you can now update all your collection in the 1.2.6.4 beta version of CFSM that can be found here : http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: The play count isn't getting updated when i play CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how it counts the number of time someone play a song which seems be related to DD instead of only section as it was before the remaster. So any CDLC without DD won't have is play count properly working.

Q: I'm getting crashes when on the Learn A Song page of some CDLC?

A: The remaster update changed how bonus and alternate arrangement are visible which also have a side effect of provoking random crashes when looking at songs that have too much (more than 5) arrangement in the Learn A Song area of the game. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: I'm getting an error when launching the Rocksmith Remastered
A: Please verify your integrity via Steam. We do not support pirated copies and we will ban you if caught with a copy. Make sure to have Cherub Rock DLC to be able to use CDLC.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?

A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.
This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

Edited by firekorn
Added stuff :)
  • Like 21

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Hi guys.

Alright so I've done re-install of Rocksmith and now its the remastered version.Game works fine with the .dll until I close the game. When I close the game is crashes my computer that can only be sorted with a hard boot. Upon reboot my computer is extreamly slow for awhile, This doesn't usually happen when I Hard boot for other reasons.

Any ideas on the crashes?

In my case, apparently only breaks the view of Windows, I thought had frozen the computer but noticed that the HD was still active, so simply force a Windows logoff - "CTRL + R" and "shutdown /l/f" , it is annoying to have to log in again, but it is much faster to make a reboot.

Sounds like it could be permissions write error at exit, try running as Admin to see if it shuts down clean if yes it should run fine as normal user.

• Administrator

@@magnoalberto if you don't see the CDLC, this is likely because you don't own Cherub Rock DLC, this is needed for any CDLC to show up in the list.

@@Ragnar1981 you can filter to have only your favorite and sort into that list.

@@SlaterTot8 i'm trying to help but if you are unwiling to still give me the exact name of the file you download or any screenshot (or the size of the dll file) i can't do a lot more than asking question that seems to relevent to me. Seems like users also have issue because of a bad steam installation. you can always do a verification of the games files via steam to be sure that the game isn't corrupted but at one point, it's gonna be hard to find out what's going on in your case when it's working for 99% or our user without any other step than getting the dll and putting it in the right place...

@@Riy did you try to brought that up to Ubi support? just don't talk about CDLC and you'll be fine and probably get a way better answer than anything we can provide here about that kind of issue...

@@DegoLocc and @@BoomSoMuch It will be integrated into CFSM once the fix is stable and can work in any situation we can think of, for now it's only via the CLI app inside the toolkit and i suggest that you wait if you are afraid of fucking up something.

• Like 4

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

@@mdani14 Scores are linked to your profile and the arrangement ID so either regenerate CDLC to get new arrangement ID (slow and tedious procedure) or create a new profile.

@@SlaterTot8 what is the exact name of the file you are downloading? where do you place it exactly? can you play Cherub Rock?

@@HDHAY CDLC shouldn't be linked to profile so i'm sure why would this be happening especially since CDLC will always shows up in the list as long as you own the game and Cherub Rock... Could you provide more information? (note that some people claim that getting back to the default settings in the option solved this kind of issue)

Thanks for the reply, looked at it with fresh eyes today. The enumerating content definitely was longer than previous so I knew it should be there.....and it wasn't.

Realized though that in LAS I had it on Song List 1....oops, all good now. LoL

@@magnoalberto if you don't see the CDLC, this is likely because you don't own Cherub Rock DLC, this is needed for any CDLC to show up in the list.

@@SlaterTot8 i'm trying to help but if you are unwiling to still give me the exact name of the file you download or any screenshot (or the size of the dll file) i can't do a lot more than asking question that seems to relevent to me. Seems like users also have issue because of a bad steam installation. you can always do a verification of the games files via steam to be sure that the game isn't corrupted but at one point, it's gonna be hard to find out what's going on in your case when it's working for 99% or our user without any other step than getting the dll and putting it in the right place...

@@Riy did you try to brought that up to Ubi support? just don't talk about CDLC and you'll be fine and probably get a way better answer than anything we can provide here about that kind of issue...

@@DegoLocc and @@BoomSoMuch It will be integrated into CFSM once the fix is stable and can work in any situation we can think of, for now it's only via the CLI app inside the toolkit and i suggest that you wait if you are afraid of fucking up something.

Ok I got the link from the remastered bug fixed page. I'm sorry for being so difficult but i downloaded it again its called

D3DX9_42 (3).dll

I would screen shot but I have no clue how.

I go to my PC/program filesx86/steam/steamapps/common/rocksmith and place it in rocksmith.

What if we don't use the CFSM? I always just dl the track and install it myself and play my favorites through rocksmith. Should I be using the CFSM?>

• Like 1

• Administrator

@@DegoLocc The toolkit option is already "just" a drag and drop system but the CFSM will be a "one button" thing, there won't be any third option as far as i know. If you feel confident that you can use the CLI drag and drop system of the toolkit you can follow the link on the first post ;)

@@SlaterTot8 tbh i have not many clue left at this point. I suggest you start a new topic for your case and maybe user with fresh point of view will have some more idea.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Ok I got the link from the remastered bug fixed page. I'm sorry for being so difficult but i downloaded it again its called

D3DX9_42 (3).dll

I would screen shot but I have no clue how.

I go to my PC/program filesx86/steam/steamapps/common/rocksmith and place it in rocksmith.

If on pc upper right of keyboard PrtScn (Print Screen) depress, open paint (ctrl+r type paint) ctrl+v to paste image into paint save then upload.

Steamapps/common/rocksmith. <-- original rocksmith

Or steamapps/common/rocksmith2014. <-- rocksmith2014 and remastered

D3DX9_42.dll

Size is roughly 126kb

Should be placed in

Steamapps/common/rocksmith2014/

PM me if youd like to attempt a remote I'll be home around 2 pm est until 4:30pm then home again 7pm est. If you want PM and I'll message you my cell and you can call and text me screens shots if youd feel better going that route.

Helped redcrowbleeding sort an issue via phone call. Well he figured it out I was mainly a soundboard either way he resolved his issue, Im willing to help you too.

• Like 1

Good Afternoon all,

Ok i replaced the .DLL file for the PC version. All my cdlc shows but when i goto play an actual song..It just shows the stack of speakers but never starts the song...It just sits there. Anybody had this happen?

Best Regards,

Brad

That's what mine did before the DLL. I would try rebooting, pasting the dll in again, and if that still doesn't work, try verifying your steam installation.

I would also recommend making sure that it's named D3DX9_42.dll and not something like D3DX9_42 (3).dll, because if memory serves, it needs to overwrite the old one, which it can't if the filename isn't exactly the same.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

That did the trick Bustakun. Thank you very much & thank you Firekorn, & Bilkwando for all your help. Thank you very much & have a great evening.

Best Regards,

Brad

That sort of ended up being Slaters issue as well. He had the proper dll but for whatever reason it was like it was using a cached version.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

To everyone whose CDLCs show up but do not play (stuck at beginning of song, only amps show up or whatever). I have spent many hours helping a friend with that issue last week so if you are in the same boat that is likely to be the fix:

1) make sure and check twice that there is ONLY the ONE .dll (dl link red banner) NAMED RIGHT (no (1) ) in the ROOT FOLDER of RS14 as described.

if the issue is still there

2) inside steam do an INTEGRITY CHECK:

Right-Click the game in your Steam library. Click 'Properties'. Navigate to 'Local Files' tab. Click 'Verify integrity of game cache'.

If there are errors - THATS THE PROBLEM!!!!.

If after the Integry check the issue persists

3) - remove STEAM (RS14 reinstall was not enough) !

- run CCleaner registry cleaner (use google and download for free)

- reinstall STEAM, RS14rem, place .dll

- enjoy

@ - regarding your signature - (cough) .... there is a dedicated bass championship held every single week in the classes beginner, intermediate, advanced and masterclass, and yes - bass only tracks are used and very very welcome ... you are invited to put up to 4 into our Song Selection List ... maybe the thing missing is you at the competition ;)

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

hi

thanks to all of you trying to fix the problems and in generally making this site agreat community.

i love what you do.

is there going to be an easier way to fix the 100% bug?

i don't know what is "cli" and i got really confused with the batches ,etc.

i tried to used the batch drag and drop and got a mesage "ok" but nothing happened and i am not sure to where the changed file went to.

it's chineese to me.i am not so computer guy.

thanks again .

• Administrator

@ there will be a "one button" thing inside the CFSM app as soon as the toolkit function is confirmed to be working perfectly in all cases.

• Like 3

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Apologies if this one has been answered elsewhere...

Since the update and the associated fix, I can't get Master Mode to do what I have it selected to.

ie If it is set to 'off' it is actually on, if set to 'on' it is on, if you switch back and forth a bit to try and get the program to acknowledge your setting choice it is still on.

Anyone got any idea on how to get MM to work correctly?