Rocksmith remastered discussion (part 2)

Unleashed2k

Question

• Administrator

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

FAQ:

Q: My CDLC doesn't work!
A: For windows: Please use the new .dll | Mac: Please use the Patch. You can get both here
For further help regarding customs not playing see : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play
A: Thanks to @@cozy1 and @@Lovroman you can now update all your collection in the 1.2.6.4 beta version of CFSM that can be found here : http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: The play count isn't getting updated when i play CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how it counts the number of time someone play a song which seems be related to DD instead of only section as it was before the remaster. So any CDLC without DD won't have is play count properly working.

Q: I'm getting crashes when on the Learn A Song page of some CDLC?

A: The remaster update changed how bonus and alternate arrangement are visible which also have a side effect of provoking random crashes when looking at songs that have too much (more than 5) arrangement in the Learn A Song area of the game. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: I'm getting an error when launching the Rocksmith Remastered
A: Please verify your integrity via Steam. We do not support pirated copies and we will ban you if caught with a copy. Make sure to have Cherub Rock DLC to be able to use CDLC.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?

A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.
This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

Edited by firekorn
Added stuff :)
  • Like 21

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

• Developer

As for the play counter not increasing, it now depends on whether the custom has DD or not.

It seems that they changed the condition for it to increase from "having a certain number of phrases" (or whatever it was before) into "having at least one phrase with MaxDifficulty > 0".

OT

Why is Rocksmith remastered discussion just one thread?

Wouldn't it be a better approach to have a sub-forum in the board "Rocksmith 2014 remastered" with categories where people report their problems with the setup, a general discussion and one where people report bugs or issues they've found?

There will be more threads and questions may repeat, but then you add a reply to the FAQ post and some people will be smart enough to read it before asking.

I would not have seen he FAQ because it's hidden in a thread with a different topic and if I have a question I would not scroll through 30 pages to see if somebody else had the same question.

• Administrator

@@papillon i try to keep the first thread with all the question i see and answer that we can safely provide, if it's not in the first post, then feel free to ask about it and we'll try to answer in the best possible way.

@@iminashi it indeed seems to be related to difficulty instead of simply sections, i'll add it to the first post right now :)

@@HippieG if none shows up, it's likely that you don't own Cherub Rock or that you changed the ID of the CDLC (i think it's the first one but i might be wrong). The CDLC should always shows up if you own Cherub Rock with or without the dll.

@@RufusDelta Your accusation serves no purpose and from all the information we have between CF and TRR, we can safely say it wasn't intentional to do anything to CDLC.

All they did is improved their own game with what they know was possible considering their own DLC standard of quality.

Sadly CDLC don't have this standard and many issue arise because of this like the camera issue that is linked to the lack of section or the play count not counting properly due to the lack of DD. And the 100% bug is 100% the fault of how chord were counted during the creation of the CDLC inside the toolkit that was different to how it is done inside DLC. Those issue weren't meant to arise by Ubisoft SF. You wanna blame them, fine but please find actual fact that would back up your claim first before going all out with accusation.

• Like 7

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Is seems to me that the issue with the 100% mastery bug has shown a deficiency in understanding on the part of the community over the correct structure of DLC. This is an opportunity to improve the creation tools and make future CDLC better than in the past.

Most existing CDLC still works in that it can be played. Most of them actualy work pretty well, only a few are broken and the 100% bug isn't a show stopper for most people. And there is a pretty decent fix for that now if you can be bothered.

I would have lost interest in RS long ago if not for this community. I think you all rock and I'd like to thank all the programmers and charters who make this possible. You are as gods who stalk the earth.

Full disclosure. I play exclusively BASS and haven't experienced the 100% bug personally. The only issue I have is the inability to riff repeat songs without sections and that is down to a change in the new riff repeater affecting less well made CDLC. I'd still rather have the imperfect CDLC than it not be there. At least if it exists it might get fixed or I might even take the time to learn to do it myself if I care enough about a particular song.

Anyone can do this with a bit of effort so I don't understand the moaning and complaining. The only real issue left from the REMASTERED update is that it has shown up the deficiencies of some CDLC. The tools have been updated to allow most of these problems to be fixed almost automatically and the remaining issues can be fixed by re-authoring the CDLC.

We should celebrate these guys and the RS creators for allowing the CDLC community to exist. I'm sure they could make life very awkward for us if they really wanted to so kudos to them for tolerating us.

• Like 7

Every day I have to wait for steam to install the upgrade then I have to delete the steam folder and replace it with an old saved steam folder in order to play the old version of Rocksmith 2014.

I like some of the changes but there is one change I hate. I play on my pc and with the old version I can click my mouse whenever and wherever I want. Now I have to move my mouse to click the button at the bottom of the screen then scroll back up to restart the riff.

That got old real quick, so I went back to the old version. Seems that steam don't have it set up where I can turn off auto updates.

Talk about RETARDED being that we are almost in the year 2017.

Anybody else has any better Ideas on how to keep steam from updating?

Let it update, start steam go offline mode then rename your Rocksmith2014 (remastered) to Rocksmith2014-remastered and your original rs folder to Rocksmith2014 start uplay in offline mode as well.

By swapping folder names you shouldnt have to keep allowing steam to update rs as itll think it is, just make sure youre in offline mode in uplay steam can be online.

• Like 2

@RufusDelta 

Ubisoft is a profit making Cie, and as such they have to pay the artist's labels to release an oDLC.

Customsforge is a non-profit site for educational purposes, and there can be no official relation with Ubisoft.

By supporting Customsforge in any way, they would be considered bypassing copyright.

Ubisoft never mentions the existence of cDLCs or Customsforge.

(but I'm happy they inserted my idea of video player buttons in RR)

They will never care if cDLC will work with an update or not. 

Even if they perfectly know RS2014 selling numbers are boosted by cDLC, legally they can never admit it.

To release cDLC you should also know that copyright still exists.

The charter and the player must legally own the song they chart, download, and play as a cDLC

• Like 1

Trying to use the remastered convertor in the new toolkit. Can't figure how it works. I unziped it, ran remastered.exe, dropped a file on it, it shows the file and path, then nothing happens. If i press enter it exits, other than that if i drop multiple files the name of one shows up. Task manager shows no activity. What am i doing wrong

Win 10, new dll added

• Developer
While fixing an old custom of mine I noticed another problem with mastery. I was getting about 1% less mastery than accuracy. With all the recent trouble with mastery, it took me a while to realize that the culprits were two notes on the 24th fret.

I made a test custom with ten notes, five on the 22nd fret and five on the 23rd (or 24th fret). Hitting all the notes gives this result:

5 Longest Streak

100% Accuracy

50% Mastery

Did RS Remastered changed how notes beyond the 22nd fret are handled or what?

Are notes on the 23rd and 24th frets always marked as "ignore" in ODLC?

• Administrator

@@iminashi yes, fret above 22 are ignored (cause not everyone has 24 fret guitar). This kind of post should be aimed toward this thread : http://customsforge.com/topic/33355-toolkit-upgrade-and-cli-for-remastered-version/ to help debugging all the little quirks that might still be there :)

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Trying to use the remastered convertor in the new toolkit. Can't figure how it works. I unziped it, ran remastered.exe, dropped a file on it, it shows the file and path, then nothing happens. If i press enter it exits, other than that if i drop multiple files the name of one shows up. Task manager shows no activity. What am i doing wrong

Win 10, new dll added

Help

• Administrator

@@MrFluff3h does it work without the dll? if no then go contact Ubisoft support

If yes then we'll need a lot more detail than that...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

So.. while for me everything works i won´t say fine but as expected, a friend of mine is deep in trouble.

After the update,

after replacing the .dll propperly (Win 10),

after 100% fixing,

after steam integrity checking,

after using a new profile

after setting settings to default

still all his cdls show up but all crash on playstart - notehighway won´t show up, only the amps (officials and RS1 work)

Anyone has experienced/solved this?

(right now he is deleting/reinstalling cherubrock and after that uninstalling/registry cleaning RS and reinstalling after my suggestion but i doubt that to help)

EDIT:

Solved, see later post.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Administrator

@@SlaterTot8 do you own cherub rock? do you see the CDLC in the list? can we have a screenshot of the root folder of Rocksmith just to make sure things are in the correct places

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography