Rocksmith remastered discussion (part 2)

Unleashed2k

Question

• Administrator

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

FAQ:

Q: My CDLC doesn't work!
A: For windows: Please use the new .dll | Mac: Please use the Patch. You can get both here
For further help regarding customs not playing see : CDLC not working - General Rocksmith - CustomsForge

Q: I'm getting 100% on all the CDLC songs I play
A: Thanks to @@cozy1 and @@Lovroman you can now update all your collection in the 1.2.6.4 beta version of CFSM that can be found here : http://ignition.customsforge.com/cfsm

Q: I'm getting camera issue on some CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how the camera is handle in game so CDLC that don't have section have now different camera issue than before that are more problematic now. Note that not having section also means that Riff Repeater (RR) isn't available in game and also means that the play count won't be incremented every time the song is played. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: The play count isn't getting updated when i play CDLC, why?

A: The remaster update slightly changed how it counts the number of time someone play a song which seems be related to DD instead of only section as it was before the remaster. So any CDLC without DD won't have is play count properly working.

Q: I'm getting crashes when on the Learn A Song page of some CDLC?

A: The remaster update changed how bonus and alternate arrangement are visible which also have a side effect of provoking random crashes when looking at songs that have too much (more than 5) arrangement in the Learn A Song area of the game. If you find such CDLC, alert the author of the problem and report the CDLC to us via the appropriate report button.

Q: I'm getting an error when launching the Rocksmith Remastered
A: Please verify your integrity via Steam. We do not support pirated copies and we will ban you if caught with a copy. Make sure to have Cherub Rock DLC to be able to use CDLC.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?

A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.
This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

Edited by firekorn
Added stuff :)
  • Like 21

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

@@MAGGERS - could you try grabbing the latest dll / injector, and use it, if you have an anti virus disable it temporarially or add the rocksmith folder to the exclusion, and pick a cdlc we know works.. like say some of the most popular ones (the genre doesnt matter...) and see what happens?

If you are referring to the new DLL file from here, I replace the old one from that one in this exact path:  D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014 

I will say what I did and PLEASE someone tell me if there is something wrong...and also if this is the correct way to do it please let me know.

• I complete uninstalled Rocksmith 2014 and Steam from my system, then used Ccleaner to remove any registry values that I might have in my PC.
  • Installed everything once again (RS2014,Cherub Rock DLC and the new DLL Fix in this path: D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014 -------------DLL Size
  • Here is the complete path where I leave my CDLC's:

CDLC Folder:  D:/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc

• Then I just initiate the game from Steam that way that I always did before since 2014, here are some examples of CDLC's that I see in my library and I can play them without issues (Keep in mind that I do not see all of my previous songs)

-Please see the pictures.

The one thing that bother me the most is that I can't add new CDLC's, and to be honest guys I am really desperate....before all of this I had 1727 songs and now I only have around 600's.

Edit: Words

Rock & Metal Covers

You want to know the truth son, I'll tell you the truth. Your soul's gonna burn in the fire lake.

@@MAGGERS, since nobody has asked...

Did you actually purchase the Cherub Rock ODLC?  It needs to be legitimately purchased and licensed to you.  You can't use a pirated version.

And if you have purchased it, are you logged into Steam with the same account you purchased it from?

Yes I purchased it on 01/12/2014 and never had any issues before, I am connected in my only Steam account and the cherub files are on my dlc folder as you can see here.

Rock & Metal Covers

You want to know the truth son, I'll tell you the truth. Your soul's gonna burn in the fire lake.

@@MAGGERS, instead of launching RS through Steam have you tried launching RS directly through the desktop shortcut to the Rocksmith executable or launch the RS .exe directly?

I also tried this and is the same result, I can't see most of my previous CDLC's or new ones from the past couple of days.

Rock & Metal Covers

@@MAGGERS, the reason I asked was because the date modified column shows the date as 2014 (when you originally purchased it  -- I didn't see the pic in your last post before).

Now that you've reinstalled everything, did you reinstall/redownload the Cherub Rock DLC or just copy it from a backup?  (i.e., does it have a 2016 date under "date modified"?)

• Administrator

@@MAGGERS So you are saying that can actually play most of the CDLC you see in your list? If some does not show up, it would be easier to check if there isn't any conflict going on between some CDLC (i can see in one of the picture that you have 2 version of the same songs which can be heavily problematic in game).

I suggest you check the CFSM app to do some probably needed clean up. Your issue is not related to the dll but most likely to some weird interaction between CDLC.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Guys! I finally FUCKING fixed it! I only had to Restore Default Options on RS2014 Settings.

Change all settings and options back to their original states.

I believe I had a problem because as soon as I received the major update I started to play with the new settings and maybe I fucked something there.

Anyway I want to thank everybody here who helped me! (@@albatross213, @, @@evlncrn8, @@Chlipouni, @@evedder2k, @@Wepeel, @@tc_ski#1, @@firekorn)

Careful with the settings everybody, if you are experiencing and issue like mine, well try this

P.S. @@Wepeel yes I reinstall Cherub Rock from Steam servers not from my back up but now everything is working as expected :)

Edit: Words, English is not my native language, sorry for any mistakes I made with my grammar.,

• Like 8

Rock & Metal Covers

Guys! I finally FUCKING fixed it! I only had to Restore Default Options on RS2014 Settings.

I just restored default settings and all cdlc I was missing after the patch is now visible.

Thank you so much!!

• Like 1

When there's nothing left to burn you have to set yourself on fire

Should a field or column be added to Ignition so we can easily filter/see which new CDLC postings/updates are "compliant" (100% bug free, etc.) with RS14 Remastered?

I don't believe so. I can't even get a field added for 24 frets, so why should you get one for this? JUST KIDDING!

Seriously though, I'm guessing 75% of the charters on this site won't being going back and updating their CDLC, and the other 25% of us don't particularly want to. There's already a plan in place to make it so you can mass fix your CDLCs, so I think that's probably the direction things are going to head in. When I make new CDLC, I'll make sure to put it in the record that it doesn't need to be fixed.

People should get in the habit of looking at the record anyway. I'm pretty sure plenty of charters are getting tired of hit & run downloaders not even leaving a thanks or a like, especially when a song has 100s of downloads.

@@MAGGERS, your english is fine. I never would've known from glancing at your posts.

• Like 2

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

I just restored default settings and all cdlc I was missing after the patch is now visible.

Thank you so much!!

Are you sure it wasn't the sorting hiding your songs? I keep track of my CDLC I've made by favoriting it and sorting by favorites, and the new system has made that a little bit annoying.

Sorry if this has been discussed before but i noticed some CDLCs doesn't update their "played times": they always show as been played 000 times. It's a minor issue.. except when you play a "learn a new song" mission and it doesn't count :D

I'm pretty sure that's only on ones that don't have DD, and I think the fix might fix that issue too, but someone can chime in and correct me if I'm wrong.

• Like 1

- Billkwando

• Administrator

@@tc_ski#1 adding something like that isn't as simple as it might sound at all and would probably take more time than what it will take for getting a mass fix system that everyone can use on the CDLC they downloaded (it's coming, but i can't give any ETA)

@@RealityPixels Play count already had issue when CDLC didn't had any section, it seems like CDLC now need another requirement to get a it properly updated (i have no clue what it is exactly but it seems to be linked to DD as far as i can tell). I'll add some information about this in the first post.

@@Billkwando i'm not sure the fix will change anything about it looking at how the CDLC i'm working on right now behave with the latest beta toolkit. It seems to be closely related to DD, but i have no clue what is exactly the reason why it doesn't work anymore on CDLC that have section but no DD...

• Like 2

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

For all that have issue with your CDLC not playing/showing, make sure to read the fact and the link very thoroughly! The dll is final and working for every single user that followed the step properly, if it doesn't for you, it's because you did something wrong.

@@RufusDelta : They never wanted to break CDLC, it's just a side effect of software programming and how the new executable changed compare to the old one (things that the dev don't really have control over). The fix in the dll was just to find the new address for the little part of the code that need to be modified. They didn't tried to fix their code to block CDLC at all.

I understand where you're coming from. In fact, when I first came to Customs Forge I couldn't get anything to work because I did it wrong. But how do I mess up downloading the fix and putting it into the folder? More to the point, some of my CDLC songs work, most don't. Some make it to the tuning screen. Some don't. If I didn't install the fix properly then nothing would work at all, not just bits and pieces.

Change all settings and options back to their original states.

I believe I had a problem because as soon as I received the major update I started to play with the new settings and maybe I fucked something there.

Anyway I want to thank everybody here who helped me! (@@albatross213, @, @@evlncrn8, @@Chlipouni, @@evedder2k, @@Wepeel, @@tc_ski#1, @@firekorn)

Careful with the settings everybody, if you are experiencing and issue like mine, well try this

P.S. @@Wepeel yes I reinstall Cherub Rock from Steam servers not from my back up but now everything is working as expected :)

Edit: Words, English is not my native language, sorry for any mistakes I made with my grammar.,

DUDE!!! You are the fucking MAN!!

Restore to default settings and it works!

Thank you @@MAGGERS

• Like 3

Please discuss Rocksmith Remastered here.

Q: Is Ubisoft trying to ruin CDLC?

A: No. When they updated the game, the executable file changed which is why the dll needs to be updated, it's a side effect of software programming not a voluntary maneuver to break up things. Other issue arise by the discrepancies between how CDLC and ODLC are made, they aren't 100% similar inside and some of those differences can be put to light when the game changes how it react to some information.

This is not ubisoft's fault as they never provided CDLC or mod support in the first place and when the main code changes, is it our duty to fix our mods to make the CDLC work again.

I disagree on a few points here. It might have been accidental that the 100% glitch on CDLC occurred, but based on this only it is not possible to say that they are not trying to ruin CDLC. Since they don`t give support to CDLC and modding it`s actually indicating the intention to break it. Why does Songs2See provides a software to help you chart the tab to a music so you can use in the game but Ubisoft doesn`t? Why are they so afraid of EMI and Warner`s lawyers? Why don`t they stick with the teaching instead of gaming and just disclaim it all for educative purposes?

• Like 1

Talking shit doesn't help anyone, and could make matters worse. If they had set out with the intention to break CDLC, it would've taken a lot longer than a few hours to get it working again. Let's not poke the bear, since it's been so kind as to not try eating us.

• Like 8

- Billkwando

Talking shit doesn't help anyone, and could make matters worse. If they had set out with the intention to break CDLC, it would've taken a lot longer than a few hours to get it working again. Let's not poke the bear, since it's been so kind as to not try eating us.

Don`t shush me dude, I`m not talking shit, I`m trying to talk about the `Remaster` of Rocksmith 2014.

This bear did not feed me, I fed it with about 150 dollars worth of cash and this community has tamed it and very easily like you said and now the bear gets a long term banquet thanks to every charter here.

I`m out.