Toolkit Beta Release and CLI for Remastered

• Developer

Mainly it seems they mention custom tones not being set correctly in EoF...'
can i get a link to more info on this ?

Have a look here.

If this doesn't answer it then search the toolkit and EOF forums for 'Tones' to find some other options.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

It is mentioned in the first post instructions, but not mentioned explicitly in the CLI instructions:

5) Remove the old CDLC that contains the bug from the 'dlc' folder (this is a very important step)

I was asking for more info on Fixing the Customs that i have made... 

This is Different to asking how to convert etc...

i don't have the original files for all of them... some were made before my last HDD Fail...

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

• Developer

@QOTSANINSOADKORN

I think @@tc_ski#1 may have been replying to other members who's posts are now hidden because they did not read Post#1 instructions and rules.  Your response seems a little snarky and is most likely misdirected.  @@firekorn and I have have answered your question directly.  You are welcome.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

The custom tones issue is normally an easy fix. I've been fixing the CLDC that failed for me and I don't have the original files, since I didn't create them.

It's not hard, simply import the package with the toolkit and then edit the arrangement files. There search for the tones section on the XML and you'll notice the errors right away (tone definition names don't match the names on the tone change definitions). So, put the correct name on the tone changes and create the package again with the modified files.

• Like 5

With the recent updates of the toolkit #7-9, I had unexplainable problems.

I reported this here, but it didn't get any attention.

The cdlc would crash RS14R as soon as the song starts after tuning.

The same arrangements start well packed

with TK2.6 or

with the recent TK, but with the non-DD arr.

I suspected DD, showlights,

and found that a chordify in EOF sometimes crashes RS14R in any version of the TK,

What's for 100% sure now, when I generate my last cdlc, with TK2.7.1.0 (rev a0da27af)#9 with DD,

with the lead arr. first in list, it crashes RS14R

with the rhythm arr. first in list, it works fine.

Strange  :huh:

p.s. the crash issue has been identified with solutions here

Edited by TomSawyer2112

• Developer

With the recent updates of the toolkit #7-9, I had unexplainable problems.

I reported this here, but it didn't get any attention.

The cdlc would crash RS14R as soon as the song starts after tuning.

The same arrangements start well packed

with TK2.6 or

with the recent TK, but with the non-DD arr.

I suspected DD, showlights,

and found that a chordify in EOF sometimes crashes RS14R in any version of the TK,

and that automated DD on arrangements produced by EOF, sometimes moved the notes of the beats,

needing them to be resnapped.

What's for 100% sure now, when I generate my last cdlc, with TK2.7.1.0 (rev a0da27af)#9 with DD,

with the lead arr. first in list, it crashes RS14R

with the rhythm arr. first in list, it works fine.

Strange  :huh:

I always pick the bass arrangement first if there is one.  Think the toolkit even tells you to do this with the quick pick button and why. 

CDLC that crashes after tuning typically have problems with Sections and Phrases.  Have you check these in EOF (did EOF throw and warnings)?

• Developer

sorry for my English ... I do not understand ... how do I convert the bulk mac songs for roscksmith remasterd with remastered.exe?

remastered.xe is only for PC

thanks for the answers

If you read through the entire thread there are several posts about how to get remastered.exe to work on a Mac. 

• Developer

I cleaned everything up in EOF, like sustains overlapping phrases, I do sections and phrases separately, with care.

There was no bass, but I'll keep that in mind. 

You can PM me link to CDLC that is crashing after tuning and I will take a look.

• Like 1

• Developer

New beta release today.  See Post #1 to download.  Be sure to re-read Post #1 and Post #2 Instructions.

• Like 1

• Developer

Hi so I have a problem with restoring the .org cdlc. The  ren script says the file isnt there when it really is there. Why is this happening? 

Please describe you work process.  Are you dragging (.org) files onto the remastered.exe -ren.bat shortcut?  If so then the renamed (.psrarc) files should be in the same folder where you dragged the (.org) files from.

• Like 1

Hi so I have a problem with restoring the .org cdlc. The  ren script says the file isnt there when it really is there. Why is this happening? 

Please describe you work process.  Are you dragging (.org) files onto the remastered.exe -ren.bat shortcut?  If so then the renamed (.psrarc) files should be in the same folder where you dragged the (.org) files from.

Ok, so i think i didn't word that correctly but yes I am dragging the .org files to the -ren batch. After dragging, the batch says that the .org file is not in the folder which i dragged it from ("file not found") thus the batch saying the cdlc can not be repaired ("can not be repaired using CLI option.") I may be interpreting all of this wrongly so any insight would be appreciated :)

• Developer

@Neptune  Make sure the (.org) file that you are dragging onto the bat is not marked read-only.  If all else fails test with a different (.org) file.  I am not able to reproduce the error that you report.

I had a problem with the -ren file as well, but I didn't want to bother you with it at the time. In my case, when I would drop a bunch of files on it, it would only rename one and then stop.  I'd try to drop another bunch and it would only rename the next song, and stop.

I've also had other occurrences of the volume issue I mentioned previously. The song volume is really low, but the guitar is loud/normal. Have you seen any other cases of this?

I noticed that when I loaded the song up in the toolkit, the volume on song and preview were both set to 0. I checked it to 7 (the default value I believe) and then loaded the song up again, and it was still too quiet. I then put the volume back on 0, and then I generated it this time, the song was loud as hell and needed to be bumped down a little bit.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

• Developer

I will check.  Remember there is  like a 132 character limit with drag and drop.  Read the remastered.exe help again.  If you want to do more then do a folder path that is less than the limit which contains files.

I had a problem with the -ren file as well, but I didn't want to bother you with it at the time. In my case, when I would drop a bunch of files on it, it would only rename one and then stop.  I'd try to drop another bunch and it would only rename the next song, and stop.

I've also had other occurrences of the volume issue I mentioned previously. The song volume is really low, but the guitar is loud/normal. Have you seen any other cases of this?

I noticed that when I loaded the song up in the toolkit, the volume on song and preview were both set to 0. I checked it to 7 (the default value I believe) and then loaded the song up again, and it was still too quiet. I then put the volume back on 0, and then I generated it this time, the song was loud as hell and needed to be bumped down a little bit.

Any ideas on what might be causing this?

I also experienced the first thing you said about multiple files, only thing is the one file that would convert was random for me

@Neptune  Make sure the (.org) file that you are dragging onto the bat is not marked read-only.  If all else fails test with a different (.org) file.  I am not able to reproduce the error that you report.

Out of the 13 backup cdlcs in the CLI folder, one couldn't be fixed(.cor), and three cant be converted back to .psarc. The rest have been successfully converted :D

The three .org files aren't marked as read-only when I checked. I tried converting from a different folder, but no luck there. :/

Is there anything I can paste here that can hopefully give insight to the root of the problem?  

• Developer

Manually remove the (.org) file extension and then run thru the -pre batch.

toolkit not generating custom with new build, the previous version of the toolkit did generate the custom without error.

2016-11-03 21:11:11.8204 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (INFO) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.Main 
 Version: 2.7.1.0-1fb0b831 (32 bit)
 OS: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (64 bit)
 Runtime: v4.0.30319.42000
 JIT: MsX86 

2016-11-03 21:11:27.9575 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program+<>c.<Main>b__1_1 

RocksmithToolkitGUI
Void UpdateSongXml(RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.Arrangement, RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageData)
Exception catched:

System.NullReferenceException Object reference not set to an instance of an object. Void UpdateSongXml(RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.Arrangement, RocksmithToolkitLib.DLCPackage.DLCPackageData)    at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.UpdateSongXml(Arrangement arr, DLCPackageData info)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.dlcGenerateButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.UpdateSongXml(Arrangement arr, DLCPackageData info)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.dlcGenerateButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Same problem with 1fb0b831. It will generate new file if I load xml package from unpacked cdlc, but after removing, adding or editing arrangements it crashes at generation. Loading xml packages created or edited in 1fb0b831 will result in crash, but previous build I used (a0da27af) works fine even with xml package created in 1fb0b831

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy