Toolkit Beta Release and CLI for Remastered

I understand the freezing problem.  It happens when a newer version of the toolkit exists.  The auto update does not seem to be working most of the time.  Could we have a pop up that a new version exists with a link instead of the freezing?

• Developer

I understand the freezing problem.  It happens when a newer version of the toolkit exists.  The auto update does not seem to be working most of the time.  Could we have a pop up that a new version exists with a link instead of the freezing?

Devs are aware of update issue.  Read post #1.   Thanks for suggestion, but is better to fix issue rather than add new popup.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Crashed during import of REO Speedwagon Keep on Lovin you

2016-10-20 14:45:02.6820 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (INFO) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program.Main 
 Version: 2.7.1.0-88c71acc (32 bit)
 OS: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 (64 bit)
 Runtime: v4.0.30319.42000
 JIT: MsX86 

2016-10-20 14:45:50.6802 | RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program (ERROR) : 
 RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program+<>c.<Main>b__1_1 

System
System.Text.RegularExpressions.Match Match(System.String)
Exception catched:

System.ArgumentNullException Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input System.Text.RegularExpressions.Match Match(System.String)    at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input)
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.Extensions.StringExtensions.GetValidVersion(String value)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.set_PackageVersion(String value)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.FillPackageCreatorForm(DLCPackageData info, String filesBaseDir)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.dlcImportButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: input
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Match(String input)
   at RocksmithToolkitLib.Extensions.StringExtensions.GetValidVersion(String value)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.set_PackageVersion(String value)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.FillPackageCreatorForm(DLCPackageData info, String filesBaseDir)
   at RocksmithToolkitGUI.DLCPackageCreator.DLCPackageCreator.dlcImportButton_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

• Developer

@@slgorin "Crashed during import of REO Speedwagon Keep on Lovin you"  which version? There are two on Ignition.  Looks like issue is with CDLC version number.  I won't know for sure til I take a look at CDLC.  You can PM or post link here to CDLC.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@slogorin  Thanks for bug report.  Issue was with CDLC produced with old toolkit that does not contain PackageVersion information.  I fixed this bug in latest beta release which is now found in Post  #1.  FYI - Tones still may need something but you should be able to fix this now.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

if 100% will be reset a new version woul'd be created, what means every single version has it's own leaderboard.

If this is the case I'd prefer to stay with 100% at songs I've already played to share the board with as many as possible others since I'm more a Score Attack player.

thanx for all the fixes

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

I'd greatly appreciate step by step instructions on how to do this or a link to help or instructions:  "regenerate the xml file inside EOF".  I assume RS Toolkit can be used to do this?

I'm trying to fix the lack of chord ghosting. 

@shotfirer  "Even if I convert PC to Mac CDLC with the latest toolkit, I get the same error."  The Converter does not correct any errors.  It only repackages to different format.  If you want to correct Song Info errors you need to do that with CDLC Creator.

I understand this. The problem is, I can't correct Mac CDLC. The toolkit doesn't import Mac CDLC (even official ones). Maybe it's not intended to? With any Mac CDLC, no matter where it came from, I get the same type of error:

RocksmithToolkitLib
Void read(MiscUtil.IO.EndianBinaryReader)
Exception catched:

System.Exception Corrupt CDLC ... Regenerating with Creator GUI may fix it.
Make sure the song information is complete and correct, including Song Year and Avg Tempo information. (HINT)
End of stream reached with 4 byte left to read.

• Administrator

@@tc_ski#1 start a thread inside the toolkit or EOF part of the forum to get help, this is thread is not dedicated to this.

Also make sure you contacted the author too as he should know what to do and it will benefit everyone, not only you.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Quick question / PSA regarding the CLI tool:

Its creating files in the Temp folder (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp), just like the toolkit does, but for some reason tools like CCleaner won't clean the files, unlike the files created by the toolkit, so its necessary to do it manually.

I'm not sure if this is something normal or that needs to be fixed, but for those with not much free Space on their OS drive, you should really delete those files before you run out of space!

I converted like 1300 CDLC and its close to 20GB in files, so be careful.

• Like 2

• Developer

@@dso I will check.  Those temp files are supposed to be deleted when remastered.exe finishes processing files.  Toolkit cleans up temp when it is closed normally like you said.  No idea why CCcleaner is not working.  The temp files are not write protected and as long as temp folder and file is closed they should be deleted.

Just provide some stats and results.  

Ran the Remastered.exe bulk fix tool on 566 customs.  533 reported fixed successfully (94%), 31 corrupt files and 2 invalid files that could not be repaired (6% that could not be repaired by the bulk fix tool).

The ones that could not be repaired and reported as "corrupt":

Aerosmith_Crazy_v4_p.psarc

Avril-Lavigne_Sk8er-Boi_v1,7_p.psarc
Def-Leppard_Animal_v2_DD_p.psarc
Don-Henley_Dirty-Laundry_v1_DD_p.psarc
Doors_Hello-I-Love-You_v1_1_DD_p.psarc
Doors_Soul-Kitchen_v_p.psarc
Doors_The-End_v1_DD_p.psarc
Doors_Wasp-Texas-Radio-and-the-Big-Beat_v2_p.psarc
Go-Gos-The_Our-Lips-Are-Sealed_v1_p.psarc
Go-Gos_Vacation_v1_p.psarc
Grateful-Dead_Truckin_v1_p.psarc
Harvey-Danger_Flagpole-Sitta_v1_p.psarc
Joe-Walsh_Lifes-Been-Good_v2.1_p.psarc
Led Zeppelin - 7 - Communication Breakdown_p.psarc
Led_Zeppelin_Living_Loving_Maid_(She's_Just_a_Woman)_v1_0_p.psarc
No-Doubt_Just-A-Girl_v2_DD_p.psarc
Pearl-Jam_Better-Man_v5_1_DD_p.psarc
Pink Floyd - Time_p.psarc
Queen_Radio-Ga-Ga_v1_p.psarc
REM_Man-on-the-Moon_v2_p.psarc
Rolling-Stones_Angie_v1_p.psarc
The Doors - Love me Two Times_p.psarc
The-Doors_Back-Door-Man_v151014_DD_p.psarc
The-Rolling-Stones_Jumpin-Jack-Flash_v1_p.psarc
The-Who_Long-live-rock_v1_DD_m.psarc
U2_One-Live_v1_p.psarc
U2_Sunday-Bloody-Sunday_v3_p.psarc
U2_Van-Diemens-Land_v5_p.psarc
Van-Halen_Hot-For-Teacher_v2_p.psarc
Van-Halen_Panama_v1_p.psarc
Metallica - One.1.2_p.psarc

Quick question / PSA regarding the CLI tool:

Its creating files in the Temp folder (C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Temp), just like the toolkit does, but for some reason tools like CCleaner won't clean the files, unlike the files created by the toolkit, so its necessary to do it manually.

I'm not sure if this is something normal or that needs to be fixed, but for those with not much free Space on their OS drive, you should really delete those files before you run out of space!

I converted like 1300 CDLC and its close to 20GB in files, so be careful.

Thanks. I've been wracking my brain trying to find what's eaten up all my hard drive space. I'm on WIndows 10 so that file path you listed doesn't work for me. I'm still searching.

EDIT: Found it. Have to enable hidden items. Is it OK to delete the DDS image files as well as the song folders?

Edited by Pluto82

• Developer

@@Pluto82 What was the exact path to those temp files so I can add to remastered.exe?  You can delete everything in the temp folder including the dds files.

Thanks. I've been wracking my brain trying to find what's eaten up all my hard drive space. I'm on WIndows 10 so that file path you listed doesn't work for me. I'm still searching.

Apologies for off topic - but just an FYI / PSA about finding what's eating space on your computer,

this tool - http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/ - is freeware, brilliant and works on winxp-win10 and can be run from a thumb drive if you prefer to carry handy utilities around with you. Just remember to run it as admin (rightclick the .exe)

• Like 1

Apologies for off topic - but just an FYI / PSA about finding what's eating space on your computer,

this tool - http://www.uderzo.it/main_products/space_sniffer/ - is freeware, brilliant and works on winxp-win10 and can be run from a thumb drive if you prefer to carry handy utilities around with you. Just remember to run it as admin (rightclick the .exe)

Exactly! I used something similar, not sure if it works on W10 though: https://windirstat.net/. Also found other files I could delete to make some space.

@@Pluto82 What was the exact path to those temp files so I can add to remastered.exe?  You can delete everything in the temp folder including the dds files.

C:\Users\<user_name>\AppData\Local\Temp

The same as TC_Ski#1 and DSO listed. I initially couldn't find it because the AppData folder will not appear until you enable hidden items from the View drop down menu in File Explorer.

Thanks. I'll delete the DDS files and will look into the space eater programs others mentioned, although this is the only memory problem I've encountered so far.

Used v8 of the CLI on an older CDLC file. I had just downloaded it for the first time, dragged it onto the remastered.exe, it did its thing, went into RS and played it - 100%.

None of the files I've hit with the CLI seems to actually have the mastery bug fixed - this particular one is just the easiest example to provide, since I didn't have it at all before applying the CLI fix.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvYwHVKnDAP7jOZEJUwBkODz5W8xYQ

Enclosed files, 

Screencap
v8 CLI "fixed" file

original file with the .org extension.

CKY - Rio Bravo_v1_p.psarc

Franz Ferdinand - The Dark Of The Matinee_v1_p.psarc

Franz Ferdinand - Walk Away_v2_p.psarc

Gojira - The Link_v1_p.psarc

Gojira - The Wild Healer_p.psarc

GOJIRA - To Sirius_p.psarc

Goon Moon (Jeordie White & Chris Goss) - An Autumn That Came Too Soon_v1_p.psarc

Korn - For You (4U)_p.psarc

REZNOR GROHL HOMME - Sound City Players - Mantra _v1 WIP_p.psarc

9 Failed to convert out of my 33 ish CDLC...

27% Failure Rate for me...

Mainly it seems they mention custom tones not being set correctly in EoF...'

can i get a link to more info on this ?

Thanks

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy