Toolkit Beta Release and CLI for Remastered

Looks like the CDLC is corrupt.  Open the Mac CDLC with the 'CDLC Creator' tab 'Import Package'  Check to see that all Song Information including tempo is defined.  Generate as new Mac package and test. 

I've got 108 CDLCs, so all of them are corrupted???

Than that's definitely a problem with the toolkit's convertor.

I've tried to 'remaster' a PC format CDLC – it works. If I take the same CDLC, convert in to Mac and then try to 'remaster' – I've got the same error. As a matter of fact I can't even import converted file into toolkit, i've got the same error. I've tried to import PC CDLC, generate Mac version and import it – same result. With any CDLC.

http://i.imgur.com/5bqTOld.png

It seems, that the only solution yet is to download all of my CDLCs again, in original PC format, 'remaster' them, and then convert to Mac (which i think will not guarantee, that they will be working properly, all things considered)...

• Administrator

@@BluePotato this is linked to the number of arrangement there is in the CDLC and this tool won't change a thing about it.

You either have to use the toolkit or ask the author to change it.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Hi and thanks for the hard work.

Maybe I found a bug in version 2.7.1.0 (rev 93cf5e58):

When I use "Load Package" in the CDLC Creator the first time after the program is started, everything is fine. But if I then load another package to generate the psarc of another song, the field "Album Sort" is not updated. Instead it shows the previous text. So I have to update it manually before I can generate the psarc. Can anyone confirm this issue?

Is there any reason not to reupload my remastered CDLC with the current toolkit version? All my customs work fine but I am wondering if there are any bugs I might not see or things you would like to polish before people start publishing their CDLCs again...

----

Also I have been wondering for a long time (but this is in no way a priority thing):

Would it be possible to create an option in the "configuration" to always chain the CDLC Creator and DDC? So that I would only have to hit "Generate" on the Creator tab and DD is generated automatically with my default settings, giving me the final CDLC with one click? Now with RS Remastered there is no reason not to apply DDC anymore, thus we might as well make it default behaviour?

• Like 1

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Developer

@@shotfirer You have three options:

1) Continue to use your existing CDLC as is.

2) Repair corruptions as indicated with CDLC Creator

3) Report corruption to CDLC charter and let them fix it

These Mac CDLC were likely produced by charter with old version of toolkit that did not do a good job of validating Song Info.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Ok

@@BluePotato this is linked to the number of arrangement there is in the CDLC and this tool won't change a thing about it.

You either have to use the toolkit or ask the author to change it.

Thank you for the reply. So I need to edit the CDLC and remove some of the arrangements? I'm usually happy with just lead guitar and bass guitar (vocals are nice too, but I don't know if they count as an "arrangement") so I could just delete all others and repackage it?

• Developer

@@Azrael

Thanks for constructive questions and comments.

"When I use "Load Package" in the CDLC Creator the first time after the program is started, everything is fine. But if I then load another package to generate the psarc of another song, the field "Album Sort" is not updated. Instead it shows the previous text. So I have to update it manually before I can generate the psarc."  Should be fixed in 100% Bug Fix #8. Soon to be released.

"Is there any reason not to reupload my remastered CDLC with the current toolkit version?"  I would suggest waiting until these beta revs become finalized.  I reverted 'Chord' property in JSON manifest in Fix #8 and just need to make sure this does not cause issues for user.  This may or may not effect Chord ghosting issue.

"Would it be possible to create an option in the "configuration" to always chain the CDLC Creator and DDC? So that I would only have to hit "Generate" on the Creator tab and DD is generated automatically with my default settings, giving me the final CDLC with one click? Now with RS Remastered there is no reason not to apply DDC anymore, thus we might as well make it default behaviour?"  Absolutely,  not a bad idea. Can do in future beta release for you.

As I already said, watch for 100% Bug Fix #8, soon to be released.  This release should address all issues and wish list items that have been mentioned in this thread.  Plz be sure to re-read all the instruction in Post#1 and Post#2 in the updated/edited posts.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

@@BluePotato Vocals don't count, only playable arrangement count and the maximum RS remaster tolerate is 5.

All my CDLC have a total of 6 playable arrangements: Lead, Rhythm and Bass plus the same with enabled metronome. They play just fine ingame. But visually ingame only 5 are supported, because the "other arrangement" list can only show 4 entries. The last one is not displayed, but you can still select it with the arrow keys.

• Like 2

Check out my easy tutorial on how to add a metronome to your CDLC: Mute the original music, play only with the metronome and find out how good you really sound! Also: Find CDLCs that have the metronome enabled!

Want a USB-Footswitch that you can use to control the tone selection and all the menus in Rocksmith? Check out Rodman's Tutorial and my additions to that!  Footswitch_Logo.png

My CDLCs: Devin Townsend - Life, Deep Peace, Ih-Ah!, Deadhead; Farin Urlaub - Ok

My ideas for new features in Ignition, e.g. filters for Multitrack CDLC and Metronome CDLC.

• Administrator

@@Azrael Many user (including me) have RS crashes on them with such custom, it seems a bit inconsistent for user but since the interface bug out, it seems better to avoid having too much arrangement if they aren't reachable anyway...

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@firekorn

I am still convinced that the metronome mode is the most feasible way to learn how to play music (in contrast to regular RS usage, where you only learn to play the notes of a song and remain ignorant about how your guitar actually sounds) inside of Rocksmith. So I think the metronome implementation in the toolkit was a major achievement and I see it somewhat under attack here. I could of course agree to not apply the metronome to e.g. bass and stick to 5 arrangements, but that is not an ideal solution.

I think some further investigation is justified before condemning 5+ arrangement CDLCs in general. Since they work for me, I think there must be other/additional reasons for the crashes, not the fact of 5+ arrangements alone.

• Like 3

Bonus Bass issue again:

So I've imported the timeless [Daryl-Hall-and-John-Oates_Sara-Smile_v3_1_LRBV_DD_LACEYB_p] charted by @

When I view this song in Rocksmith 2014 Remastered, it says "Bonus Bass" and when I go to play it in 'Learn a Song,' RS crashes to desktop. I've been told that the issue is there are too many arrangements. I know you can't see all of them in the list, but they are:

• 2x Bass
  • 2x Guitar - Lead
  • 2x Guitar - Rhythm
  • Vocals
  • ShowLights

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b324/davemweber/Screen%20Shot%2010-19-16%20at%2011.18%20AM.png

My pressing questions are:

1. Why are there duplicates of bass, lead, and rhythm?

2. If I want to play this CDLC without it crashing, which arrangements should I remove?

Thank you, community, for your continued help.

• Developer

@@dukeeastwood "I've played seems to show all the notes instead of ghosting the multiples so that you can see the chord change coming." 

I reverted 'Chords' property in JSON manifest on a hunch that this may be the cause of the missing chord ghosting. Could you please repair an existing CDLC that you know to have chord ghost notes with the latest beta revision and see if the ghost notes are still there?  See Post#1 and Post#2 for latest beta revision download link and instructions.  Let me know if this reversion puts back (leaves alone) the ghost notes for you?

@@firekorn

I am still convinced that the metronome mode is the most feasible way to learn how to play music (in contrast to regular RS usage, where you only learn to play the notes of a song and remain ignorant about how your guitar actually sounds) inside of Rocksmith.

Could you elaborate? What is this metrognome mode? Is it like playing the song with no music? If the CDLC creator is doing it right, you should still be able to hear your guitar over the music.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

LaceyB like myself used non-dd arrangements as main and dd arrangements as bonus arrangement.

The reason for non-dd arr. was that RS removed notes in DD arr.while playing which was pretty annoying.

RS Remastered can now be setup not to downgrade notes. 

Click on edit : 

You should keep the files with DD in there name, they are larger too, and if they have the Bonus icon checked, uncheck it.

• Developer

@all  Stay on thread topic.  If you would like to discuss something unrelated to the thread topic then please open a new thread.

• Administrator

@@Azrael i've created a topic about that subject and i've thrown some idea about the metronome arrangement there : http://customsforge.com/topic/33494-number-of-arrangement-available-in-rs-remastered/

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

@@shotfirer You have three options:

1) Continue to use your existing CDLC as is.

2) Repair corruptions as indicated with CDLC Creator

3) Report corruption to CDLC charter and let them fix it

These Mac CDLC were likely produced by charter with old version of toolkit that did not do a good job of validating Song Info.

Even if I convert PC to Mac CDLC with the latest toolkit, I get the same error. It converts fine, and the custom is playable (except the 100% bug), but it won't import nor 'remaster'.

I've tried it with the official DLC file. It should be correct and complete, right? And it's all the same. PC version imports fine, converted to Mac – not working, same error.

• Administrator

@@treefern70 the chord issue will always be there if it was made some time ago when tools handled chord display a bit differently. Ask the charter to update his CDLC to get rid of this issue or do it yourself by regenerating the xml file inside EOF.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Developer

@LaceyB  Your bug report is on topic.  :)   Sometimes shit happens.  I will fix in next release.

EDIT:  All fixed use link in Post #1 to download.

• Developer

@shotfirer  "Even if I convert PC to Mac CDLC with the latest toolkit, I get the same error."  The Converter does not correct any errors.  It only repackages to different format.  If you want to correct Song Info errors you need to do that with CDLC Creator.

• Developer

Tried out a few songs on #8 version , all converted without 100% error and kept  their original stats , but all the chords still show in all windows except hand mutes which are still ghosted ? I hope this helps many thanks.

Thanks.  This helps confirm it does not have to do with the 'Chords' property change in JSON Manifest.

I have not read all 3 pages, i scanned and didn't see this problem, sorry if i missed it, But..

After download, extract files, run RS Toolkit GUI, Toolkit pops up, First Run box pops up, click ok. Freezes Application,  Have to Enter Windows Task Manager to terminate .exe file. Any suggestions?

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

Here's the log when I ran Program Compatibility Mode on it.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: rocksmithtoolkitupdater.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 2.7.1.0
  Problem Signature 03: 580397f3
  Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.17929
  Problem Signature 06: 4ffa561c
  Problem Signature 07: 2606
  Problem Signature 08: 12
  Problem Signature 09: System.NotSupportedException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Is the "updater.exe" locking the application? 

I have the exact same problem 

Windows 10 pro latest build 

Eset endpoint antivirus 

I have also tried *Run as administrator* and *Compatibility mode* to no avail .

Luckily i play base and have only come across the bug twice so far  but i wanted to fix it for those that i may not have come across as yet.

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

@LaceyB  Your bug report is on topic.  :)   Sometimes shit happens.  I will fix in next release.

EDIT:  All fixed here.

This version ran fine by the way , i tried yesterdays version before going to work last night , this one started up fine for me.

Guitars: ESP LTD F-54 Bass, Tanglewood Curbow4 Bass, Stagg BC300-N Bass, Yamaha BBN5bk (5String), ESP LTD AX-360, Plus a cheapo no name acoustic

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy