Toolkit Beta Release and CLI for Remastered

• Developer

@@lamby "remastered.exe does not seem to work on my Mac. Is it supposed to (like dlcconverter.exe)"

sry, I don't have a Mac to test on.  The CLI should be able to convert Mac CDLC on a PC though.  Please post your workflow for other users if you do get it work on your Mac.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@@Rodman "would it be possible to have an alternative version that does not update the arr. id´s for players in my situation?"

For now it is an either or situation.  Either you have buggy CDLC that have 100% result with your play stats.  Or you have remastered CDLC with fresh play stats.  Eventually, when there is time I should be able to fix CGT Game Save Gigbox to reset only the 100% bug in user profile.  This would permit CDLC to keep its original Arrangement Identification as well as the play stats.

NOTE: to all users  make sure you hang on to backup copies of your original CDLC with the bugs. (You should be doing this anyhow, but just saying in case you are not.)  Then in future we may be able to fix those originals and all your play stats will be back. 

There is no quick fix for user profiles, so plz be patient.

• Like 3

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@Rodman "would it be possible to have an alternative version that does not update the arr. id´s for players in my situation?"

For now it is an either or situation.  Either you have buggy CDLC that have 100% result with your play stats.  Or you have remastered CDLC with fresh play stats.  Eventually, when there is time I should be able to fix CGT Game Save Gigbox to reset only the 100% bug in user profile.  This would permit CDLC to keep its original Arrangement Identification as well as the play stats.

NOTE: to all users  make sure you hang on to backup copies of your original CDLC with the bugs. (You should be doing this anyhow, but just saying in case you are not.)  Then in future we may be able to fix those originals and all your play stats will be back. 

Sounds like music to my ears....

So i will keep on using the risknone profile and leave the real one untouched plus of course i will save the .org files.

That would really be cool!

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Developer

@zagatoZee  If I didn't have to follow my own rules, I would just tell you to read the post that is right before yours.

"It displays a message saying the files are already fixed - any way around this?"  No way around.  That is how CLI works.

A force "fix" option or a force the CLI to hit the original files again, without having to rename 1200 or so files?  The repaired files have been changed internally.  Technically, to undo the fix could introduce other issues/bugs.  That is why it is important to backup your CDLC before applying the fix. The second part of this question is actually more feasible "force the CLI to hit the original files again"  That's a feature that can be incorporated into the next CLI beta revision.  I can add a  switch to remastered.exe '-org' that will remaster the (.org) files and overwrite the (.psarc) files so that you can use newer version of the CLI on CDLC that have been repaired with an older versions of the CLI.

Check out Oscar's File Renamer (freeware) to quickly remove the (.org) extension and restore the original CDLC files.

• Like 1

It doesn't work for me. When I drop CDLC on remastered.exe just path shows up and nothing happens. When I launch remastered.exe in admin mode, and i drop CDLC on it, then not even path shows up.

Nevermind, I figured out that you need to drop CDLCs not on running program, but open them with remastered.exe

Lol Cozy1, sorry - I skimmed the thread and ignored the rest of the post after I saw the first response to Billkwando.

I've personally only had 100% songs showing up since using the "v5 fix" - I had barely played the game since patch day. As such only have about 5 songs that are incorrectly at 100%. As such, if we can get a fix that corrects the issues - but doesn't force a new id on ALL cdlc, then that'd be great. I could then just throw the 5 tracks that are over 100% mastery into the fixer with the create new id flag - and be done with it.

Or even better, have the CFSM do all this automatically, based on checkboxes / filter options. If mastery = 100% or more - assign new id, if not - just apply the fix. (I'm talking about fixes / tools to be used by the masses, not the testers currently here.

• Like 1

• Developer

@ZagatoZee  "can (we) get a fix that corrects the issues - but doesn't force a new id on ALL cdlc,"?

Have you confirmed that this will work using the CDLC Creator.  Generate one fixed CDLC with new Arrangement Identification and one fixed CDLC with no change to Arrangement Identification.    The CDLC Creator now automatically fixes any Generated CDLC with or without updating the Arrangement Identification.  Test the fixed CDLC without the updated Arrangement Identification first to test if the game keeps your old progress with a fixed CDLC.   If that doesn't work try the one with new Arrangement Identification.  Give it a try and let me know if you proposal works.

• Like 1

I have not read all 3 pages, i scanned and didn't see this problem, sorry if i missed it, But..

After download, extract files, run RS Toolkit GUI, Toolkit pops up, First Run box pops up, click ok. Freezes Application,  Have to Enter Windows Task Manager to terminate .exe file. Any suggestions?

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

Here's the log when I ran Program Compatibility Mode on it.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01: rocksmithtoolkitupdater.exe
  Problem Signature 02: 2.7.1.0
  Problem Signature 03: 580397f3
  Problem Signature 04: mscorlib
  Problem Signature 05: 4.0.30319.17929
  Problem Signature 06: 4ffa561c
  Problem Signature 07: 2606
  Problem Signature 08: 12
  Problem Signature 09: System.NotSupportedException
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: 0a9e
  Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
  Additional Information 3: 0a9e
  Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

Is the "updater.exe" locking the application? 

Yes, I wish I'd known sooner that it was supposed to reset every song to zero, whether it was 100% or not. The vast majority of mine that I ran through the CLI were not reset, and I assumed that's because the program could fix them without resetting the score, so I didn't say anything sooner.

Going back now, only a handful of mine were reset to 0% (including my 1 legit 100% score, on the Sealab 2021 theme, lol). It seems really random. For example, I have about 100 songs in my favorites, and only maybe a quarter were reset. None of them errored out. I'm gonna try the renamer tool and see what happens when I run them now.

Edit: Thanks for the advice btw, I hadn't been backing up the old ones. I will do that now that I've removed the .org (For you folks that need help, just use the Edit > Replace and type .org in the first field (Find what), and nothing in the 2nd (Replace with). It will find and remove all the .orgs in about 1 second. Then do File > Apply changes to folder. This is of course after first removing all the psarc files from the folder that WERE run through the tool

Edit 2:  it seems now that the read-only psarcs crash the CLI. First one it hit, the program closed up. It didn't even leave an error log that I've been able to find.

Edit 3: I was able to unreadonlyize the Read-only files by doing select all, then properties, unchecking Read-only and then hitting Apply/Ok. Then I was able to run them all without it saying it was unable to access the (formerly RO) files, but there was still no error log.

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

After running the new CLI on my files, only random songs were reset, and some that were reset last time weren't this time, and vice-versa. No error log was generated, and none of the songs in my favorites errored out (the only ones I'm checking right now).

How can I help you figure this out?

My whole collection (at least the ones that I like, I have a barrel full in another folder) is less than 1 gig. If you like I can upload the whole thing for you so you can try running them on your system. If there's a way to send you my profile you can try that too.

- Billkwando

• Developer

Any suggestions?

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601)

Problem Signature 01: rocksmithtoolkitupdater.exe

Your AV doesn't like toolkit.

1) Log in as admin

2) Add toolkit (RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe and RocksmithToolkitUpdater.exe) to your AV's whitelist (approved apps)

3) Completely uninstall toolkit

4) Download the latest version of toolkit.

5) Unzip toolkit to the default folder (rstoolkit-2.7.1.0-xxxxxxxx-win) and leave it there

6) Run it and enjoy.

If you still have problem then make sure you have this exact version of .Net installed

• Like 2

Any suggestions?

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Problem Signature 01: rocksmithtoolkitupdater.exe

Your AV doesn't like toolkit.

1) Log in as admin

2) Add toolkit (RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe and RocksmithToolkitUpdater.exe) to your AV's whitelist (approved apps)

3) Completely uninstall toolkit

4) Download the latest version of toolkit.

5) Unzip toolkit to the default folder (rstoolkit-2.7.1.0-xxxxxxxx-win) and leave it there

6) Run it and enjoy.

If you still have problem then make sure you have this exact version of .Net installed

If this doesn't work, disable driver signing.

• Like 3

@@lamby "remastered.exe does not seem to work on my Mac. Is it supposed to (like dlcconverter.exe)"

sry, I don't have a Mac to test on.  The CLI should be able to convert Mac CDLC on a PC though.  Please post your workflow for other users if you do get it work on your Mac.

Thanks. It does look like that 'remastered.exe' is trying to open up a gui window as opposed to be a command line app (see my error messages above). On a mac we have to run it via 'mono'. I think there is a bunch of stuff put around the toolkit to get it to set up a gui. Your instruction above say to drag files in.

Is there different functionality in remastered.exe that is not in dlcconverter.exe? Would converting to PC format then converting back to mac achieve the same functionality? I tried running a 'mac' to 'mac' conversion and it did not let me. 

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer
.. ..."force the CLI to hit the original files again"  That's a feature that can be incorporated into the next CLI beta revision.  I can add a  switch to remastered.exe '-org' that will remaster the (.org) files and overwrite the (.psarc) files so that you can use newer version of the CLI on CDLC that have been repaired with an older versions of the CLI.

That would be very very usable. THX

1) After testing v5 yd both Championship beg and lead tracks did still hit 100%

I am gonna test v7 or whatever is fresh today, if needed with a new profile and report back.

2) A friend of mine has the problem that since the update, after propperly applying the .dll (win 10), integrity checking and using a new profile, 100%fixing,  still RS hangs on every cdlc (officials work) - notehighway won´t show up.

I know this must have been discussed and i must have missed it and its the wrong threat but i think its a very short answer that might save me hours. thx.

It was a steam error, after complete reinstall of steam and after registry cleaning before that it worked again

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Is remastered.exe supposed to work with Mac CDLCs?

I've tried it – doesn't recognize any of my CDLC. I've got a folder full of .cor files.

The same error message for all files:

File: Rush__2112_v1_m.psarc
 - Making a backup copy ...
 - Sucessfully created backup ...
 - Extracting CDLC artifacts ...
 - Repair failed ... Corrupt CDLC ... Regenerating with Creator GUI may fix it.
Make sure the song information is complete and correct, including Song Year and
Avg Tempo information. (HINT)
End of stream reached with 4 byte left to read.

Toolkit version is 2.7.1.0-93cf5e58, Windows 8.1 Parallels Desktop VM

I have used the toolkit as instructed on several different songs with the 100% bug , firstly changing the version number . This worked and the 100% bug was fixed, but user stats were reset as expected . I then tried your suggestion and repeated the fix without changing the version number , this also appears to have removed the bug but also preserved the songs stats . Is there a way to due this in bulk without changing the version number, by the way all the blank chord windows were filled in all of the converted songs .Many thanks for all the work that has gone into these fixes .

I've tried it – doesn't recognize any of my CDLC. I've got a folder full of .cor files.

What command you used to get this to at least run on the mac? Thanks

• Developer

I have used the toolkit as instructed on several different songs with the 100% bug , firstly changing the version number . This worked and the 100% bug was fixed, but user stats were reset as expected . I then tried your suggestion and repeated the fix without changing the version number , this also appears to have removed the bug but also preserved the songs stats . Is there a way to due this in bulk without changing the version number, by the way all the blank chord windows were filled in all of the converted songs .Many thanks for all the work that has gone into these fixes .

I will see what I can do.

• Like 2

• Developer

What command you used to get this to at least run on the mac? Thanks

Looks like the CDLC is corrupt.  Open the Mac CDLC with the 'CDLC Creator' tab 'Import Package'  Check to see that all Song Information including tempo is defined.  Generate as new Mac package and test. 

to save the output you might want to set the screen buffer line size to the max (9999), still not perfect though, and since running this when i run cmd the bloody window opens up with green text... regardless though, it went through all my cdlc.. and fixed some so cheers

I have to report a problem with the latest toolkit #7 #8

with tones, which I imported from my last cDLC in a work of progress.

When I generate the cDLC with the latest toolkit, or v2.7.1, the song crashes RS after tuning.

When I import the tones and generate with v2.6.1, it works fine.

But v2.6.1 does not load tones from packages saved under the latest Toolkit

I save this package v2.6.1 and reload it in the latest version #7, generate.

And it crashes RS again!

What's worse when I open a saved v2.6.1 in v#7, the toolkit changes it, and the tones are again lost in v2.6.1

Another cDLC with different tone imported from a different cDLC packed with the latest Toolkit, doesn't crash,

but Tone is set to default "Guitar" in RS Rem.

In tone designer, the tone works fine.

So now I have 2 cDLC which I have to generate with TK2.6.1 to work. They don't have the 100%bug.

Very Strange :huh:

Solution :

I rebuild the whole file in the latest TKBug100%#8,

importing tones,

regenerating the wem files, and they work now

The problem may not be related to TKBug100%#8 

but Tones saved still don't load under tk2.6.1.

--------------------------------------------------------------

It happened again, now I'm suspecting  DD, because the non-DD always worked fine.

Toolkit #9 makes DD automatically, but without adding DD in file name.

When I reload the project in EOF, the notes are not snapped to the grid anymore...

Very Strange  :huh:

Edited by TomSawyer2112

I've done the remastered shortcut on the desktop thing and it seems to work on repackaging my CDLCs, but I still have many CDLCs that show up as "Bonus Bass" in the song details screen in Rocksmith. They crash Rocksmith to desktop when I try to play them in "Learn a Song."

I've searched the thread and don't see a fix for the "Bonus Bass" issue. Can anybody provide me with some assistance in getting these CDLC tracks to work again in RS Remastered? Thank you.

Hey yall,

The error log is found in the same folder as the CDLC and NOT the same folder as the toolkit.

Here's mine:

remastered.exe CLI failed to repair the following files:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\CDLC\Joe Satriani - Crystal Planet_p.psarc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\CDLC\Led Zeppelin - 7 - Communication Breakdown_p.psarc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\CDLC\Led_Zeppelin_Immigrant_Song_v1_0_m.psarc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\CDLC\Megadeth-PeaceSells_v1_DD_p.psarc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\CDLC\Pantera_Planet_Caravan_v3_p.psarc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\CDLC\Prince_Housequake_v1_p.psarc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\CDLC\Soundgarden_4thOfJuly_V1_DD_p.psarc
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Rocksmith2014\dlc\CDLC\blacksunshine_p.psarc

None of those are ones I've made, or in my favorites (Except for Housequake), so I'm not particularly concerned about them. The ones that were "fixed" but not fixed don't show in the log.

Here's what's odd. Housequake WAS fixed by a previous version of the CLI. What's also odd is that Rocksmith actually loaded the .cor file like it was a regular psarc. I didn't try to play it, but the cover and preview worked.

When I rename Housequake, and run the fix again, the error I get is "Input string was not in the correct format".

Needless to say, I'm pulling the one that was fixed and worked previously from my recycle bin. @@cozy1, if you want a copy of the psarc formerly known as fixed, let me know. I kept the "broken" one, for science. ;)

- Billkwando

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy