Toolkit Beta Release and CLI for Remastered

• Developer

@@prisoner416  You have many corrupt CDLC which do not comply with current toolkit operation.  You can try the following:

1)  Contact CDLC charters and ask that they re-author there work with new EOF and new toolkit versions.

2)  Re-author yourself using EOF and toolkit.

3)  Continue to use the old buggy CDLC.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@dso  "Is there a way to know which ones failed without taking notes every time you see one?"

With CLI the errors can't just easily be dumped to a text file because the CLI is actually receiving the errors from other dependencies.  (I will have to look into this more and see if something can be written to dump just errors to a text file.)  As a quick solution you can however do the following:

Wait for CLI to finish processing CDLC files.  Right-click the title bar of the command prompt window, point to Edit, and then click Mark. Click the beginning of the text you want to copy. Press and hold down the SHIFT key, and then click the end of the text you want to copy (or you can click and drag the cursor to select the text).

Use notepad or editor of your choice and search for errors in the copied text.

EDIT:  Added error logging feature to CLI.  Look for remastered_error.log in the directory of the first CDLC file dropped on the CLI.  The errror log will show you which CDLC failed repair.

• Like 1

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

Hey not trying to be a pain, just wanted to make sure you didn't miss posts 16 and 17. :)

Any idea why some songs aren't fixed by the fix?

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

• Developer

@Billkwando  I didn't see any questions in 16 or 17.  So I figured it was just comment/info.  Try the new rev.  It may fix.

OK, so I tried the new ver on Prince -  America. Here's what I experienced.

I deleted the "fixed" one and renamed the .org one back to regular (it wouldn't let me run it again on ones that were fixed by the older CLI). I ran the fix. Booted RS and saw that the song was at 0%. Started song, did tuning, and started to play. I immediately noticed the song volume was really really low. The guitar volume sounded normal and tone changes were working fine.

I think "Oh, this is weird", and exit the song. It shows my percentage as 6%. I quit out of RS and boot it again, and when I go back in, my score for America is 100%. I played it, just out of curiosity, and the song volume was back to normal.

I checked and made sure that there was no duplicate in my folder. All I had was the newly fixed psarc and the .org file.

What do you make of this? Is there anything I can provide to help you fix it? America is available in Ignition but if you need my actual files, let me know..

Also I noticed that the thumbnail is loading slowly for that song (both after I first select it and after playing the song) which I've never seen before.

- Billkwando

• Developer

@@Billkwando "What do you make of this?  Very strange behavior.

Is there anything I can provide to help you fix it? America is available in Ignition but if you need my actual files, let me know."

Please PM me a link to both files.  The original CDLC and the after CLI fix.  I will take a look.

bug report - tried to pipe its output to a file...

D:\RockSmith.ToolKit>remastered > remastered.log

Unhandled Exception: System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The value must be less
0 in that dimension. Note that this value depends on screen resolution and the c
Parameter name: width
Actual value was 80.
   at System.Console.SetWindowSize(Int32 width, Int32 height)
   at remastered.Program.Main(String[] args) in C:\projects\rocksmith-custom-son
s:line 17

D:\RockSmith.ToolKit>

• Developer

@evlncrn8  It is not a bug.  CLI is not designed/intended to work that way.

Try this if you want to save CLI output.

EDIT:  Added error logging feature to CLI.  Look for remastered_error.log in the directory of the first CDLC file dropped on the CLI.  The errror log will show you which CDLC failed repair.

• Developer

@@prisoner416 @dho @@Billkwando @evlncrn8  et.al

Added remasterd_error.log to capture corrupt non-repairable CDLC file names.  Also some other bug fixes to CLI.  See 1st post for details.

• Like 2

@@prisoner416 @dho @@Billkwando @evlncrn8  et.al

Added remasterd_error.log to capture corrupt non-repairable CDLC file names.  Also some other bug fixes to CLI.  See 1st post for details.

Shouldn't it reset the score, or no? Just asking.... I was glad that it didn't reset the scores on my other songs that weren't 100%. It's just that I fixed and loaded America again, and it still says 100%.

Also is there any easy way to revert songs that was fixed before with older CLI versions? It's gonna be rough to manually rename all those .org files.

- Billkwando

• Developer

@Billkwando  "

"Shouldn't it reset the score, or no?"   CDLC that has been repaired should have score reset to zero.  If the score is not reset then the Arrangement Identification has not been changed or you are still playing the original CDLC.  Try the CDLC Creator method and see if this reset the score.

"Also is there any easy way to revert songs that was fixed before with older CLI versions? "  Check out Oscar's File Renamer (freeware).  Works great for this sort of thing.

Quick Question - I used the v5 of the CLI to "fix" my cdlc - it hasn't fixed them, but it did rename all the original files to psarc.org extensions.

The issue however is that the v7 fix - thinks the v5 files have all been fixed already. It displays a message saying the files are already fixed - any way around this? A force "fix" option or a force the CLI to hit the original files again, without having to rename 1200 or so files?

7b7dac427e1f2d365dce4bb7df1ba7e7.png

Edited by ZagatoZee
added better example pictures
  • Like 1

only small problem i notice so far is a few of the songs I've played seems to show all the notes instead of ghosting the multiples so that you can see the chord change coming. I'll see if it is still that way the more songs I play over again. But I'll take that over the 100% bug any day. 

only small problem i notice so far is a few of the songs I've played seems to show all the notes instead of ghosting the multiples so that you can see the chord change coming. I'll see if it is still that way the more songs I play over again. But I'll take that over the 100% bug any day. 

For this issue, you have to ask the CDLC creator to generate again the XML files with EOF (in order to manage correctly the density of repeated chords)

It seems that RS2014 was able to correct it automatically, but no longer in the Remastered edition

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

Excellent work @@cozy1 - THX!!!!!!!!!

When i see it right after CLI fixing all my mastery stats are gone and all the playcounts are gonna be reset too due to id update....

Thats sheer horror, :(  :(  :(  it´s 1000 playing hours and i really use my mastery stats to monitor my progress.

As of course since the update i use a "risknone100" profile all my stats at my real profile are in place....

So if it is only commenting a few codelines - would it be possible to have an alternative version that does not update the arr. id´s for players in my situation?

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

@@Rodman,

Once you have the 100% mastery bug on a CDLC, you have no other choice but to reset its stats to remove the bug.

Keep in mind that RS2014 keeps the maximum percentage score in its cache.

Thx for the quick answer... pitty .... what happens when you lose everything.... you start all over again.

On the other hand that means - no need for a safety profile for everyone cause the wrong 100s are going to be erased after fix anyway.

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

This is just awesome work, and so quickly on such a technical issue. Great job!

I'm working through my DLC at the moment, but anything that fails I am removing from my Rocksmith CDLC library. This has been a great way to clear out some old relics which never worked properly ;)  

I am wondering if there are any plans to update the Forge search to indicate if DLC has been updated so that it is remastered compatible? Might make it easier to identify the problem songs and then people can contact the author collectively or work on updates to existing CDLC.

I am hoping going forwards that this may actually end up improving the quality of CDLC as it does force creation of proper tone banks. Maybe reduce the "song loads, just share it" mentality.

remastered.exe does not seem to work on my Mac. Is it supposed to (like dlcconverter.exe)

I run (like I do for the dlcconverter.exe): mono remastered.exe

and get the following error:

mono remastered.exe /Users/glamb/Library/Application\ Support/Steam/steamapps/common/Rocksmith2014/dlc/ACDC_Back-In-Black_v2_6_m.psarc 

Unhandled Exception:

System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.

at System.TermInfoDriver.set_WindowWidth (System.Int32 value) [0x00011] in <dca3b561b8ad4f9fb10141d81b39ff45>:0 

at System.ConsoleDriver.set_WindowWidth (System.Int32 value) [0x00000] in <dca3b561b8ad4f9fb10141d81b39ff45>:0 

at System.Console.set_WindowWidth (System.Int32 value) [0x00000] in <dca3b561b8ad4f9fb10141d81b39ff45>:0 

at remastered.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <dde371b32f7e4cb7b005e144dc90165e>:0 

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.NotSupportedException: Specified method is not supported.

at System.TermInfoDriver.set_WindowWidth (System.Int32 value) [0x00011] in <dca3b561b8ad4f9fb10141d81b39ff45>:0 

at System.ConsoleDriver.set_WindowWidth (System.Int32 value) [0x00000] in <dca3b561b8ad4f9fb10141d81b39ff45>:0 

at System.Console.set_WindowWidth (System.Int32 value) [0x00000] in <dca3b561b8ad4f9fb10141d81b39ff45>:0 

at remastered.Program.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <dde371b32f7e4cb7b005e144dc90165e>:0 

• Administrator

@@beyondtool Ignition won't be updated for such indicator as it would be lots of works that would be taken away from more important stuff for us.

Note that any CDLC that isn't "remaster bug free" that are uploaded now should be reported as they break the rules we have for CDLC (note that any buggy CDLC can be reported and will be looked into by the team).

Note sure about CDLC quality going up though, maybe a little bit but i wouldn't bet on it...

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy