Toolkit Beta Release and CLI for Remastered

• Developer

Bookmark this post link to quickly find the latest toolkit beta and revision description and instructions.

The latest toolkit beta version 2.7.1.0 can be found here.

The 100% Bug Fix is up and working along with a bulk CLI tool to remaster your entire CDLC collection.

Follow the link above to download the latest beta release of the toolkit.  Additional revision notes can be found on Github.

Toolkit 100% Bug Fix #9 revisions:

• Fixed beta updater issue.
  • If DD is already present in an arrangement then the 'CDLC Creator' will not overwrite the existing DD even if the 'Auto Generate DD' checkbox is checked in 'General Config'.  Feature added for charters who add DD in EOF.
  • Testing new Merge method for when xml config files have new or different elements.  Please report any issues observes with the 'General Config' tab or the 'RocksmithToolkitLib.Config.xml' to developers.
  • Add CLI argument [-log] [directory path] to allow for setting custom path for (org), (cor), and (log) files.

CLI remastered.exe revisions:

• Add CLI argument [-log] [directory path] to allow for setting custom path for (org), (cor), and (log) files.

Toolkit usage to remaster CDLC one at a time (bulk remastering is covered in Post #2):
1)  Download the toolkit and open the "CDLC Creator" tab
2)  Click "Import Package" to remaster an existing CDLC that is experiencing the 100% bug
3)  After the package loads, increment (edit) the CDLC version number in Song Information.
4)  Click the "Generate" button and when prompted assign a new  "Arrangement Identification"
5)  Remove the old CDLC that contains the bug from the 'dlc' folder (this is a VERY important step)
6)  Test and report bugs.  "I can't get it to work" is not a bug.

Alternate usage to preserve song stats ... For CDLC that have never been played in Rocksmith 2014 Remastered you do not have to do Step 3, and should not assign a new  "Arrangement Identification" in Step 4.  'Generating' will repair (remaster) the CDLC and your existing song stats should be preserved.

Time to Rock n' Remaster

If you have trouble getting the toolkit or the CLI running:

1)  Log in as an admin and always run the toolkit and the CLI as an admin.
2)  Add toolkit (RocksmithToolkitGUI.exe and RocksmithToolkitUpdater.exe) to your AV's whitelist (approved apps)

Contact Microsoft if you can't get these files added to the whitelist. 

Some toolkit issues being reported are the result of  a recent Windows 10 update and are not a toolkit issue.
3)  Completely uninstall toolkit
4)  Download the latest version of toolkit.
5)  Unzip toolkit to the default folder (rstoolkit-2.7.1.0-xxxxxxxx-win) and leave it there

6)  Make sure you are you running this exact version (clickable MS link) of .Net  for compatibility

(even if you have a higher version installed).

7)  User's also have suggested:

- Disabling driver signing

- After downloading the toolkit zip file, right click and select properties of the file and click "Unblock".

Thread rules:  

1) All thread comments, questions and answers will be constructive. 

2) No whining or pissy comments allowed. 

3) No thread hijacking.

4) Make sure you are using this version of toolkit beta before posting any questions or comments.

5) Specify which OS you are using (must be logged in as admin) .

• Like 10

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

Be sure to run the CLI once by itself and read the full help messageThe CLI has been fully tested and is working as expected.  Bug reports are welcomed.  If you can't get the CLI to work then re-read and follow these instructions.  If you still can't get the CLI to work, then wait for next release of CFSM which will include a GUI for the CLI.

Always make a backup copy of your CDLC files before ever running them through any CLI.

The latest beta version of the toolkit includes an UPDATED CLI (Command Line Interface) DropletApp for bulk remastering of CDLC for use with Rocksmith 2014 Remastered (RS14R).  

Basic CLI Usage (remastered.exe) for CDLC that have been played in RS14R and the song stat has changed to 100%:

1) The 'remastered.exe' file is located inside of the toolkit root folder. 

NOTE: The CLI is dependent on the toolkit so it must be run from (remain) inside the toolkit root folder.

2)  Double click the apps icon to start the app and read the help screen. 

3)  Close the app by clicking on the 'X' in upper right hand corner of the Windows command window.

Now for some fun!  But first, did you take time to read the CLI help message (see Step 2).

4)  Drag and drop a CDLC file or a folder containing CDLC onto the application icon.

(Start small with one ore two CDLC files until you get the hang of the CLI application.)

5)  Go get some coffee while magic happens, unless you feel like watching the feedback.

6)  The CLI creates 'REMASTERED_CLI' subfolder in 'My Documents' folder.  This subfolder

is used to store the 'remastered_error.log' and (.cor) and (.org) CDLC files.  The log file

contains the file paths and error messages for any files that could not be remastered.

7)  Be sure to remove any CDLC that has file extension (.org) or (.cor) from the 'dlc' folder

(this is a VERY important step)

The new version of remastered.exe CLI automatically removes/cleans the CDLC source folder.

8)  Test and report bugs.  "I can't get it to work" is not a bug.

This version of remastered.exe offers several command line switches [option]: 

- Added option [-org] to remastered.exe CLI to permit renamed (.org) CDLC to be repaired by new CLI.
- Added option [-pre] to remastered.exe CLI to preserve Arrangement Identification (song stats)
- Added option [-ren] to remastered.exe CLI to quickly rename (.org) files to (.psarc) files

- Added option [-log] to remastered.exe CLI to specify a customize path for the 'remastered_errror.log'

- Added option [-sil] to remastered.exe CLI to run in silent mode so Command Window will close when finished.

There are five new batch files included in the toolkit root directory which may be used to access remastered.exe command line options for bulk CDLC remastering using drag/drop:

remastered.exe -pre.bat   --  Preserve song stats for CDLC that have never been played in RS14R.
remastered.exe -org.bat  --  Remasters CDLC that have already been remastered (has file extension .org)
remastered.exe -org -pre.bat  --  A combination of the above (only works for songs that have never been played in RS14R).
remastered.exe -ren.bat  --  Renames CDLC that have file extension (.org) back to (.psarc)
remastered.exe.bat  -- Remasters CDLC that have been played in RS14R and the song stat has changed to 100%

Batch File Usage (remastered.exe [option].bat)

1)  Locate the batch files inside of the toolkit root folder.

2)  Select (highlight) all of the 'remastered.exe [option].bat' batch files

3)  Hold down the ALT-key and drag and drop the batch file shortcuts to anywhere you'd like, e.g. the desktop.

4)  Locate the CDLC files and directories that you want to remaster.

5)  Now drag and drop the CDLC files and directories onto the appropriate batch file shortcut.

6)  Go get some coffee while CDLC are processed.

7)  Be sure to remove any CDLC that has file extension (.org) or (.cor) from the 'dlc' folder

(this is a VERY important step)

8)  Test and report bugs.  "I can't get it to work" is not a bug.

NOTE:  For very large CDLC collections ... user reports that multiple copies of the remastered.exe CLI may be run at the same time to reduce the time it takes to remaster an entire CDLC collection.  Just split the large CDLC collection into separate root folders and drag each root folder to a new instances of the CLI executable or batch file.

EzPeeZ ... Enjoy!

• Like 15

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

The release version of the toolkit can be quickly updated once these two major beta upgrades are confirmed bug free by users.

• Like 1

• Developer

@@Biermeister 44   "Added two more by dragging psarc files onto the remastered.exe icon, actually to a shortcut on my desktop."

If I could give awards for great tips I would give you two.    I forgot that the CLI drag and drop feature would still function through a shortcut.  The shortcut can be place anywhere.   How cool is that!  Thanks for sharing. :plus1:

• Like 2

• Developer

@KingCobra  @@firekorn beat me to it. 

Your CDLC only contains a bass arrangement .  I would try each of the following one at a time and retest:

1)  Removing DD with toolkit.

2)  Remove Sections and Phrases with EOF.

3)  Add a dummy guitar arrangement with EOF.

Report back.

• Like 1

This one appears to still have the 100% issue even after running it through the tool. 2 of the other songs I tried as a test worked:

https://mega.nz/#!8tlA1IJL!j8ACEcwwHwI51FHLNbKg69ZCiL4rVp4gSxtmsavcZB4

There are periods in the artist name (not in the file name of course) if that might be a factor (S.O.A.P. / Sons of All Pussys).

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

• Developer

@Bilkwando  Follow instructions here.  Change the name of song and remove periods, slashes or special characters.  Assign a new Arrangement ID when generating. Test and let us know if this fixes it.

Funnily enough, the fix fixed the 100% error on my (unreleased yet, due to this reason) latest update in Prince's Alphabet St. This is the one that was having the 100% issue weeks before Remastered was even released.

About the periods thing, can't I just generate the song the regular way, instead of using the CLI? This is CDLC I made after all. I have R.E.M. songs too. If folks are mass fixing, chances are they're not going to remember every song that has an apostrophe in it or whatever (Jessie's Girl?) so they're probably gonna be stumbling upon borked CDLC for some time.

I'm guessing the special characters thing should be added to the FAQ unless we're not sure that's the problem. If you are sure, at least I guessed right and saved you a little bit of digging. ;)

Edit: If there's no way of making the CLI fix songs with periods in the fields, could you make it generate a list of which files were skipped at least?

Edit 2: I just realized this is gonna by a huge pain in the ass for me. The majority of my songs are by a group named.....drum roll...... L'Arc~en~Ciel!

• Like 1

- Billkwando

• Developer

@Bilkwando

"About the periods thing, can't I just generate the song the regular way, instead of using the CLI?" 

Yes, that is what I was asking you to try.  The new toolkit (not the CLI) validates the song info fields in the CDLC Creator tab and should filter out special characters where they shouldn't be.  Maybe validation needs to be tweaked.   Play with it until you get it to work and then let me know which characters were causing problem so I can add these to validation methods.

"If there's no way of making the CLI fix songs with periods in the fields, could you make it generate a list of which files were skipped at least?" 

Some fields can have periods and others can not.  The CDLC Creator tab handles this.  The CLI does not skip those files per say, it just doesn't change the invalid fields.   I will have to think more about if there is way to implement validation in CLI.  Maybe a seperate CLI to handle validation and corruption issues that is used before remastered.exe CLI would do the trick.

OK I'm a little confused now. All of my songs were generated by toolkit at some point, so shouldn't they already be validated?

I've loaded up Grace in the toolkit and for artist name I have S.O.A.P. and for artist sort I have Sons Of All Pussys. No periods have been removed (at least not automatically)

- Billkwando

• Developer

@Billkwando 

"OK I'm a little confused now. All of my songs were generated by toolkit at some point, so shouldn't they already be validated?"

SongInfo validation is a relatively new feature added to toolkit.  Old versions of toolkit did not do complete SongInfo validation.  To force toolkit to validate an existing old CDLC you will need to:

1) Use "CDLC Creator" tab, "Import Package"

2) Click on and then off of each field in SongInfo (this will force validation).  If SongInfo is invalid it will be changed by CDLC Creator.

3) Change the version number.

4) Click Generate and assign new Arrangement Identification when asked.

• Like 1

Just an FYI - the CLI tool isn't the quickest thing in the world. Don't be surprised to see only about 500 CDLC songs an hour getting fixed. Just posting so people using it should have realistic expectations.

I dumped my entire CDLC folder onto the shortcut and let it run. 

OK, got it now. Clicked on all fields, nothing changed. ;)

Also, I'm watching all my babies convert right now. When it's done I'll play some more songs with special characters and see if I notice a pattern.

Edit: I like that it recognizes and skips songs that have already been fixed, so you can always just run it on your folder and not worry about wasting time fixing files that were already fixed. :)

Edit 2: FYI folks, a few files I got from before CF came along were skipped, because there were read only. If there's a way to unreadonlyize your files before converting (is there?) I'd suggest you do that first. Of course, you can always do it later and run the tool again (see Edit 1).

Edit 3: The first song I played after fixing them, Prince - 1999, jumped to 100% after playing it. 2nd song I played, Prince - America, jumped to 100% after playing it. This is not looking good.

Edit 4: I played L'Arc~en~Ciel - Trick and got 95% accuracy, and it gave me......95%. :S This is the first song I've tried that worked right since the mass conversion.

None of the songs I've tested errored out in the conversion process, just FYI. 

- Billkwando

Ok this is weird. I fixed Funky Glamorous Part 2 yesterday, and played it. Unless I'm on crack or my memory is seriously failing, I got a normal score on it (90%) and moved on (I only ran 3 or 4 songs for the first test last night). Next time I go back into the game, I have 0% for score. I think, "That's odd, I must've quit at an odd time or something". Today I go and play it again to see what's up and I get 90% accuracy and my score jumps up to 100%. Keep in mind this is one of the files that was skipped today when I ran them, so I'm 100% sure it had been fixed (hahaha seewhatIdidthere?)

Maybe I'm crazy. Pretty sure I'm not, but thought I'd mention it in case it's indicative of something that I wouldn't catch cos I'm not all techified. ;)

It's kinda ironic cos I hadn't played RS since the day after the patched launched, cos I didn't wanna ruin all my scores.

Edit: FYI: There was one message that showed up on most if not all of mine when I was converting them, something like "Unrecognized line in toolkit version blahblahblahversion number" but it wasn't yellow so I assumed it wasn't an error or anything to worry about.

Also keep in mind that these are all CDLCs that I made myself that I'm testing, so they were all made using the same process. I can't make any sense of what's happening here. I'm not sure it has anything to do w/ special characters anymore, cos I'm getting the same thing on some songs with plain names.

Oh, and all these songs are here on CF if you'd like to test the issue with any of them, and I linked S.O.A.P. - Grace above.

- Billkwando

• Developer

@bustakun  There is a known toolkit issue where audio will go out of sync for CDLC of riffs and jingles that have a duration of less than 30 seconds.  (I even put a comment about this in the CLI help screen to get the word out more.)  Don't think that this applies to you but I will mention it for the benefit of all.  The problem is the toolkit doesn't know which audio to automatically select, i.e. that actual audio or the preview audio file.  So sometimes the toolkit picks the wrong audio which causes the sync issue.

In this case you must use the CDLC Creator and when you are selecting the audio file make sure it is the full audio and not the preview audio.  You may need to listen to both ogg/wav files to figure out which is your preview and which is the full audio.  Don't just go by the file name as this can be wrong.

Is there a way to tell if it's working? I dragged a file on to the box. It came up with the path and the flashing curser is flashing next to the path. It's been there for several minutes on that one song.

It doesn't look to be working at all for me. Windows 10 pro. I can let it sit on a song for more than an hour and nothing happens. If I run in admin more it never adds the path to the song.

Fixed: Making a shortcut to the desktop fixed the issue.

• Like 2

Akira-Yamaoka_Your-Rain_v_DD_p.psarc.

Repair failed ... there is tone name error in XML Arrangement: Lead  overdrive is not properly defiined.Use EOF to  re-author custom tones or Notepad to attempt manual repair.

Anti-Flag_Turncoat_v_p.psarc:

Repair failed... custom tones were not set properly in EOF Please reauthor XML arrangement in EOF and fix custom tone consistency.

File: Dead-Kennedys_Holiday-In-Cambodia_v2_p.psarc

- Repair failed ... There is tone name error in XML Arrangement: Lead  EastBayLead is not properly defined.Use EOF to re-author custom tones or Notepad to attempt manual repair.

File: Electric_Six_Danger!_High_Voltage_v1_1_p.psarc

- Repair failed ... There is tone name error in XML Arrangement: Lead  Distortion is not properly defined.Use EOF to re-author custom tones or Notepad to attempt manual repair.

File: Green-Day_21st-Century-Breakdown_v1_3_p.psarc

- Repair failed ... After parsing a value an unexpected character was encountered: ". Path 'Entries.D3ACB04283FC417F88761A08279C646B.Attributes.Tones[3].ToneDescriptors[0]', line 3002, position 15.

File: Jonathancoulton_Reyourbrains_v_p.psarc

- Repair failed ... There is tone name error in XML Arrangement: PART REAL_GUITAR_22  Distortion is not properly defined.Use EOF to re-author custom tones or Notepad to attempt manual repair.

File: Katy-Perry_Hot-N-Cold_v1_p.psarc

Notice: Unrecognized line in toolkit.version: 2.5.0.0-25199c63
 - Repair failed ... There is tone name error in XML Arrangement: PART REAL_GUITAR  DISTORTION is not properly defined.Use EOF to re-author custom tones or Notepad to attempt manual repair.

File: Nirvana_Lithium_v1-4_p.psarc

- Repair failed ... There is tone name error in XML Arrangement: PART REAL_GUITAR  clean is not properly defined.Use EOF to re-author custom tones or Notepad to attempt manual repair.

File: Pink Floyd - Time_p.psarc

- Repair failed ... Custom tones were not set properly in EOF
Please re-author XML arrangement in EOF and fix custom tone consistency.

File: Rammstein-Du-Hast-_p.psarc

File: Ray-Parker_Ghostbusters-Theme_v1_p.psarc

This XML Arrangement has no comments: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1334, position 8.
This XML Arrangement has no comments: Data at the root level is invalid. Line 2122, position 8.
 - Repair was sucessful ...

File: Rebecca-Black_Friday_v1_p.psarc

File: Tenacious-D_Kickapoo_v1_1_DD_p.psarc

- Repair failed ... There is tone name error in XML Arrangement: Lead  heavy is not properly defined.Use EOF to re-author custom tones or Notepad to attempt manual repair.

Hi! First of all thanks a lot for your fast work on the tools to fix all the remastered issues!

I've been using the Remastered CLI tool this morning to fix all my CDLC and most didn't give any errors, but some others did. Is there a way to know which ones failed without taking notes every time you see one? The CLI window doesn't show all the text from the execution, only the last X lines, so you would need to be paying attention and take notes during execution.

Maybe output the errors to a txt file?

Again, thanks for your work!

• Like 1

• Developer

@CHillen  Have you tried the latest beta build in the first thread posting?  There are new fixes.  Also be sure to try remastered.exe CLI if you are still having trouble.  The CLI is more or less foolproof repair.  Make sure you are removing old buggy CDLC from you dlc folder after conversion.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy