Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 22

Joey

@@Collision Just make sure to put the correct strings in the correct places, lol I have done that many times where I will put the B string where the High E string goes without noticing and then have to remove and replace them. Take your time and make sure you understand what you're doing. Also look up videos online of how to change the strings. There are a lot of videos online that are very helpful. 

@@Collision Just make sure to put the correct strings in the correct places, lol I have done that many times where I will put the B string where the High E string goes without noticing and then have to remove and replace them. Take your time and make sure you understand what you're doing. Also look up videos online of how to change the strings. There are a lot of videos online that are very helpful. 

Maybe if I re-string it wrong my playing would sound a whole lot better :D

I was going to follow the guide in Rocksmith 2014, or is there a better way?  After a quick look on youtube there are loads of videos showing different ways which makes it more confusing lol.  Think I'll start a new topic about this and see what the general consensus is.

@@Szur I think I'm going to skip listening to Freddie sing in slow motion all week. Deacon is an awesome bassist but there is a lot to remember in his songs.  I'm really into gallows pole right now I want to have that one down in the next couple of days. 

It's good to know that everyone I idolize at one time or another in their career was where I am right now.

xygc1vpatg2zi076g.jpg

The Solo still drives me crazy, the first part is getting better, but the second part i'm still kinda playing "air guitar".

I know it's just 83%.

http://i.imgur.com/2NZtaxh.png

edit: oh shit! damn automatic downleveling. I guess,since it also says 83% mastery,that this attempt is not legit :(

First time trying this out.. Thought it looked fun but didn't think I was ready.

Anyway, it's good practice.. I've had a guitar for 7 months, so I am in at the bottom end - Beginner..

I'd try to improve on these but unfortunately I don't like the song, so I probably won't bother!  ;)

Cheers

H

Lead

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o680/Hostilian/SGTPeppL_zps77440671.jpg

Rhythm

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o680/Hostilian/SGTPeppR_zps50340bd7.jpg

edit: oh shit! damn automatic downleveling. I guess,since it also says 83% mastery,that this attempt is not legit :(

I cant see any downleveling.  It always shows mastery when you have been in RR before you play the whole song.

Maybe if I re-string it wrong my playing would sound a whole lot better :D

I was going to follow the guide in Rocksmith 2014, or is there a better way?  After a quick look on youtube there are loads of videos showing different ways which makes it more confusing lol.  Think I'll start a new topic about this and see what the general consensus is.

I used the Rocksmith lesson to teach myself how to do it.  I've got two diff guitars.  One is exactly like the video.  The Ibanize requires me to unscrew a few screws in the back to remove a plastic plate to feed the new strings in.  My friend has a Fender that is similar to the Ibanez, but the plate has an opening specifically for the strings to fit through.

When I changed strings, I went with the skinny bottom/fat top style with a 10guage smallest string.  This may not work for everyone, but it's worked well for me.  The smaller strings are still easy to bend and the bigger strings sustain better.  My first trip to guitar center had me leaving with ~5 different types of strings.  I swapped them out to find which felt best and then just kept the 10s. 

Just take your time.  One thing I did notice:  RS mentions pre-bending the strings.  Don't go crazy with this.  I used to.  In fact, I spent enough time pre-bending that the guitar never lost the tune in the intial playing.  But, the strings break in a week or two because they're already that stressed.  Pre-bend them once and get back to playing.  Just make sure to tune somewhat regularly your first few sessions.

Okay I'm probably done for this week now. Hit everything except 1 or 2 notes in the solo.

I could try to go for the 100% full combo but to be honest that could be a pretty big grind!

http://i194.photobucket.com/albums/z11/billa_011/Rocksmith/SomebodyToLove9976.jpg

I'm so happy I joined this. I have a pretty competitive personality, so these weeks have helped me tremendously at improving my skills in most ways!

Great scores all, keep it up!