Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 22

Joey

Da Rules

(Credit to the Ubi Forums for some Ideas!):

1. Anyone may join the contest as long as he's a forum member.

2. You can play "Score Attack" On Hard or "Learn a Song" with all sections mastered (all purple): You may also play a song which does not have DD on Score Attack easy if you cannot get through it on hard as all the notes will still show up on easy but it won't X you out as easily.

3. There are three classes: Beginner, Intermediate and Masterclass. If you enter to the contest the first time, you choose your class.

3.2 You are then leveled automatically as follows: 3x =>90% (3 weeks in a row) or 1x 98% qualifies you for the next class. If you score <=79% on a level two weeks in a row you are leveled down one class. You may choose to follow this rule or not we are very laid back on this rule as some songs are either easier or harder so if a given song in a class is too difficult for you please feel free to enter by playing the song you feel comfortable with.

4. Both instruments are leveled separately.

5. You may only enter in one class per arrangement. (Bass, Rhythm, lead) but you may participate in all available arrangements

6. One Song is chosen for all Instruments and classes

7. Every Saturday new songs are chosen. From all participants of a class, one is chosen at random by Kaijin, Krazyone or Richomat.

8. Every member should put the song he/she would choose in the Song Selection List

9. Only 1 song per class will be selected and only custom DLC's with at least 1 arrangement for guitar and 1 arrangement for bass are allowed. Also Originally included DLC may be selected as well. NO OFFICIALLY RELEASE DLC is supported at this time. . 

10. You only need to change the song in the list if you are selected. If not, you can keep the same choice, or choose another, it's up to each one of you.

11. On Saturday, if your name is picked and you didn't entered any song in the Song Selection List, another member will be chosen.

12. Starting with the publication of the songs, you may enter your score.

13. The scores are entered in the corresponding google doc: Leaderboard Kaijin, Krazyone, richomat and afterdark take care of entering the scores.

14. You must post a screenshot with your score showing the Accuracy %.

15. Ranking is done by percentage first, then by Longest Streak.

16. If you play LAS (Learn a Song), you percentage will be always, xx.00%, if you prefer SA (Score Attack), your percentage will always be xx.xx%.

17. You may choose any song for your class as long as it's provided on the forums and has at least 1 arrangement for each instrument.

18. Every song is up for discussion until Sunday around 23:00 UTC. If you think a song is to hard, please let us know in the thread, so we may discuss it.

19. After Sunday 23:00 the songs are set and are not allowed to change.

20. The contest closes the next Saturday around 18:00 UTC

21. The winners are announced in the OP of the corresponding week's thread.

22. Rules may change without notice. So watch out.

[countdown]469514[/countdown]

Beginner: The Beatles -Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band Reprise

Intermediate: Gary Moore - Parisienne Walkways

Masterclass:  Queen - Somebody to love

Last weeks winners:

Lead Beginner: abteen
Lead Intermediate: cauzticz

Lead Masterclass: ffsimaloos3r

Rhythm Beginner: abteen

Rhythm Intermediate: Rudolphus
Rhythm Masterclass: lordlk
Bass Beginner: Kabraxis
Bass Intermediate: RevT2
Bass Masterclass: 3 way tie between Seansage, szur, Rudolphus

Congrats to all the winners. Now lets get this new week started.

Now the second score ...

http://postimg.org/image/x5yy9i62p/

Lol I thought I did ok.   You are the better player, but I have a secret weapon.  I've only been learning to play songs 4 1/2 months.  Sooner or later, I will force you to play 99%, and then you will get a record deal and become famous.  Take that.  :mrgreen:

• Like 1

wow that really is an easy song lol... As always if a song is too easy or too difficult and you guys would like to have the song changed please let me know and we will select a different song for whichever class wants it changed. We have until tomorrow to decide on the songs. 

@@Collision don't feel bad dude I have been playing guitar for over 20 years on and off. I just wanted to test the song to see how it was. Just take your time and you will get it man. 

Leaderboard Updated

http://imageshack.com/a/img19/5784/juiv.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement @ but after another hour I don't improve much!  Guess I should quit this competition until I can actually play.  I guess I am too much of a beginner to compete with the "beginners" here!

@@Collision - I'm sorry, I regret saying this song is easy now. I'm sorry it got you down.  In my view the whole point of this championship is to encourage people, not just through seeing yourself get better, but also seeing those around you get better. 

I've been watching @@Smile get better over the last few weeks and it has pushed me to work harder too.

I was absolutely bottom last week though, some songs work for me some don't, but it shows me where I can improve.  I really suck at anything that requires fast pick work like last week, and so I really need to work on the speed.

This week it took me 12 goes to get 100% where as @ did it on the first attempt.

Keep going, it will be worth it when you can see yourself and others around you improving.

• Like 2

@@Collision don't feel bad dude I have been playing guitar for over 20 years on and off. I just wanted to test the song to see how it was. Just take your time and you will get it man. 

Leaderboard Updated

http://imageshack.com/a/img19/5784/juiv.jpg

Thanks for the encouragement @ but after another hour I don't improve much!  Guess I should quit this competition until I can actually play.  I guess I am too much of a beginner to compete with the "beginners" here!

Don't let others doing better get you down.  I haven't tried it yet this week, but I'm sure I'll be closer to you than to either of the other scores posted.

What have you tried so far with this song for practice?  There's lots of ways to use RS to learn a song.  If the ways you've tried haven't shown progress, maybe try RR on the hardest part of the song for you and slow it down?  Once you get the hardest part down, it should help your confidence so you can build up on other parts of the song quicker.

Either way, there's no such thing as too new to be here.  Just have fun with it.  Remember, soon you'll be in the higher classes with new people frustrated that it seems to come so easily to you.

• Like 1

http://www.peopleblow.com/rocksmith/week22.png

Collision, which part is giving you a harder time?  The parts that gave me the most trouble were the quick picking orange 10-8, blue 10-9-8-6 and the bends.  Me, bends, and RS just don't get along.  I worked on the quick picking between playing the song just playing those 6 notes over and over a few times until it was easier to do.  For the very first slide, I put my index finger over both of the high strings so the only thing I need to do is pluck the two strings and slide my fingers.  It gets rid of having to move my finger up ever.  Towards the end, the blue 3-5-3, orange 3.  I put my index finger down over the third fret on each string and just tapped my ring finger down quick enough to handle the 5th fret.

The bends, someone else will have to give you ideas to make it easier.

• Like 1