CDLC showing up in Learn A Song, but after tuning it wont play

chris1169

Question

Just exactly that. I'll add that I am new to CDLC, and just bought RS remaster off of Steam. I followed a couple how to videos on youtube and read through a couple threads on here for trouble shooting. I must be doing something right. I downloaded about 6 songs and they are all showing up in Learn A Song. I can click into them, and tune to them, but then thats it. It just go's to the next screen and nothing. I waited a few minutes thinking maybe it takes awhile. What am I doing wrong?

• Like 1

20 answers to this question

I tried following that to the T. The only thing I didn't do was Step 1. 1) Delete any d3dx9_42.dll file in Rocksmith root folder. I did not see this folder so I couldn't delete it. I just went ahead and did the rest of the steps.

You need to find the RockSmith 2014 directory or it won't work. Look for Steam/SteamApps/Common/RockSmith 2014 on your HDD.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Administrator

@@chris1169 if there's no file called like this, then there's no need to delete it.

Note that without that dll file, CDLC will always get stuck after tuning.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

The dll should be place in the same spot as the executable from the game (it's called the "root folder" in kinda technical term) not in the DLC folder. Never put quote in a file name, especially not double.

You can always send a screenshot of your Rocksmith root folder so that we can check if there's anything wrong.

The name indication is because many people when they download the file multiple times ends up with (1) or (2) at the end of the name of the file which makes the dll not work since it doesn't have the correct name.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity