Drum teaching software?

bodhi

Hey! this is my first post here, been lurking for a while and love the stuff here.. thanks a bunch!

Anyway... i have a question... Not sure if should post it here or elsewhere... sorry...

Is there any software that i could use to teach myself to play drums? electronic or not.

• Administrator

RB3, not sure about the 4 as i've never tried it and don't know if the tutorials are as cool as in RB3 but it's actually quite a decent starting point imo.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

@@bodhi with some technical wizardry yes for fruity loops but very unlikely with audacity since i doubt it manage any kind of midi input.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

With the midi signals of the RB3 drums (I tried the GH4)

You can use a plugin like addictive drums in a Daw : quite impressive

You need eventually the tool PS360 Midi Drummer.

And then there is "Phase shift" which clone the RB3 style games on the PC

https://youtu.be/IQsaEcXrHXk?t=45

Check FretsofFire site.

• Like 2

• Administrator

@@TomSawyer2112 for learning phase shift is really shitty though as it doesn't include all the tutorials that RB3 have which is very important for someone that wants to learn how to play drums semi decently.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Ok, then lets say Phase shift is just a (freeware) tool as RS2104, to train along tracks,

if someone wants to know what it takes to learn drums play, he better watch Whiplash ;)

RB3, not sure about the 4 as i've never tried it and don't know if the tutorials are as cool as in RB3 but it's actually quite a decent starting point imo.

Drummer here to +1 this advice. Rock Band 3 is an incredible learning tool for aspiring drummers. Get the cymbals and play Pro Mode - you will become a great drummer in no time. 

• Like 1

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

• 4 weeks later...

Rockband 3 we us Alesis dm10 drums electronic kit connected to ps3. Link is 1 of the video we did 2012. My son was 13 no drum lessons not the hardest song video shows rockband3 and son drumming to it. We have a few other rockband 3 drum videos on the channel. check it out let us know what you think. if you want more information let us know
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSZIT4b0Kvc

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Just tried out Phase Shift & Rock Band 3 for the first time this week, and i have to say Phase Shift is pretty fun, it'll run on laptops with little GPU Power and doesn't require a PS3 etc... the Drum Note Samples seem a bit meh... but the Quality of some of the Gojira Customs i got for it for eg are amazing... :)

it seems there is a program to convert between them... RB3 <-> Phase Shift etc...

BTW if u have any of the Rock Band Drums check out this program to use them outside of the normal context...

http://andrewrudson.com/drummachine.php

it even has support for custom .WAV Audio files as Samples :)

if u have the patience, you could use audacity and try to capture your favourite drum sounds and then record a cover in this program... yeah it can record too :)

Also Pedal Mods seem vital for anyone using the stock plastic RB1 Kick Pedal... even RB2's pedal having metal doesn't make it more accurate in-game + barely gets closer to a real thing...

i'm very keen to get custom pedals :)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

http://www.tama.com/CobraPedals/speedcobra/images/L/HP910LWN.jpg

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂