Keeping RS14 - Steam Question

NoScope

Question

I have a laptop with RS14 that hasn't been used since the update to Remastered.  Does anyone know how to stop Steam from forcing the update on me?  I looked at the Steam settings and didn't see an "autoupdate" selector.

Thanks!

11 answers to this question

^this

You will also need to run Uplay in offline mode as well. When it asks you to login hit esc or cancel until it loads your profile.

You can also copy your rs directory and rename it so you can load remastered, rename dirs to the one you want to play, just once steak thinks remastered is installed it wont try to update unless theres another patch, again run uplay offline.

Been doing this on my laptop to use Rs unpatched and Remastered.

• Like 1

• Administrator

Or just get that update since i don't see any reason not to... There's a fuck ton of nice features in the remaster and CDLC works (sure there's some quirks right now with CDLC but it's not really blocking issue).

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

I wouldn't say there's no reason not to update. I've played on PC a few times since the updated and it's crashed every time. The DLL is installed correctly, I'm starting RS thru Steam, and after anywhere from a few songs to a dozen songs it crashed. I've been playing mostly on XBone (yuck) while this gets sorted out.

Besides, who knows what they'll try next. At some point having the original files tucked away might be the only way CDLC will work.

• Administrator

@@NoScope I've already played for hours straight with the remaster without issue, if you have crashes it's NOT the dll that is causing this, some CDLC can indeed provoke crashes but it's when you actually use those CDLC, not randomly in game. If you have crashes, something else is happening and it's a user specific cases that maybe Ubisoft can help with.

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Thanks. So far it's crashed every time during CDLC because that's pretty much all I play on PC. Next time I play I'll play only "official" songs and see if it still crashes. BTW, my PC RS never crashed before the update. Maybe a couple times but that's in hundreds of hours.

UPDATE: I played all original RS official songs for nearly 90 minutes this morning without any problems. I'm going to give my hands a rest then try some CDLC and see how it goes. BTW, I never said the game crashed randomly. I said it crashed when I tried to play CDLC. I don't think it's a specific songs in my case because...

One day played a few songs then crashed when I tried "Wish You Were Here". The next day

I started with "Wish You Were Here" and it played fine for a few songs then crashed during "Sara Smile".

FYI: PC, Win 7 Ult, i7 @ 3.4Ghz, 16g RAM, AMD Radeon 6700

I've kept the previous version of RS which I firewalled.

I did a clean install in a new folder, not in the default folder, but on a 2nd hardisk.

I confirm that RS Remastered crashes with the dll, at least once every 2 hours, and RS Remastered without dll doesn't.

( I have it on another PC of my kids)

It may be because it lists customs, as it did crash when running in the background with no song selected.

But up to now, it's no reason to revert to RS2014.

But we never know what will mess up one day, as I didn't yet find a way to start RS Remastered without connecting to Steam.

So in case we have a net failure, we can't play the game we bought, and which has no online feature ? :angry:

Steam are having us by the  :melon:  :melon:

The 100% bug ruins this game as a means of monitoring your progress. Not a problem if you could play the song/s anyway but a game killer if you were trying to learn it. Put bluntly the update is an absolute disaster for a lot of people. Hopefully the the guys at CF can get a fix soon before the game is consigned to history.

Please note I'm rooting for the guys at CF, this one is too good to let it go down like this!

• Administrator

@@RonniePeterson the fix is known, the only question left is how to update every single CDLC people have in an easy way. It's coming, but i can't give any timeline for this.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography