Latest build freezing

I updated to the latest build of the tool kit yesterday. The 2.7.0.1 validation version. I made 2 customs. One yesterday and one earlier today and used the toolkit with both files. It worked fine until tonight. It freezes when I start it up and click on it.

If you guys need any sort of information more than that I'll be more than happy to provide it. In the meantime I've downloaded 2.7.0.0

• Developer

@RyanBurnsRed

"It freezes when I start it up and click on it."  This could be a sign that your AV is restricting the run or that you do not have all the correct  toolkit files.  Please delete the old copy of the toolkit completely.  Add the toolkit to your AV's whitelist of approved apps.  Redownload the toolkit beta and run it again.

Let us know if it works.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

This is the same issue I posted here.  I've tried adding RST to my AV Exclusions, and I've tried turning my AV off.  However, RST still freezes for me too.  But when I run version 2.7.0.0, it doesn't have an issue, and runs fine.  There was a big MS update last night to Win10, and I believe it has something to do with it, I'm just not savvy enough to know what.

Keep smiling. It makes people wonder what you've been up to.

See my Workshop here.

I have the freezing of the latest RST also on windows 8.1, and there was no update I guess.

It was working well and then it just happened like that, with no obvious reason.

The only change was installing RS Remastered from Steam...

I still had a 2.7.1 version on a stick, which worked fine.

Updating it to the last beta version, everything works fine again.

Well it didn't last long and starts freezing again, 2 days later, so I go on using version 2.7.1. 7b9489e5 

And Bug Issues #5 was working fine, but froze again, just minutes after it was working for hours.

The only thing I changed was the phrase length in DD 

Bug Issues #6 was working fine, and then just like that, it freezed.

I think it´s something with the configuration procedure.

Bug Issues #7 working fine. For how long - the bets are on  :D

Edited by TomSawyer2112

@ - I've had some problems with the auto update for recent updates as it freezes after doing it, and it seems it traced back to some of the dll files not being replace. Downloading the full package and replacing the whole folder (it would probably be good to avoid some files, like tunings and other user settings, but they're easy enough to set up again I've just replaced them) and making sure everything goes through has worked for me.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Well, the latest build started hanging for me when taking any action. It works on my laptop, but no longer on my desktop, and I've tried replacing the files, using a new folder for the files, and things like that. Not sure what's going on with it, as it had worked for me about 4 hours ago when making a song and I can't think of anything I did after that would have done anything to it.

Edit: Well, with the new build that was just uploaded things seem to be working again. Yay.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Its a Windows 10 update (or generic Windows update) that is causing it.  Update #2 now hangs for me on my own pc when it worked flawlessly before.

Update #4 version hangs on my alternate pc (which is also fully updated Win10 pc).

Fix #7 now works yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@@cozy1 - you've been a busy boy :D

• Administrator

Every version hangs when there's a new one available so every time you have a freeze, if you get the latest version, you won't have the freeze anymore until there's a newer version and it will goes on and on until this is fixed...

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy