downloads sound extremely horrible

darkbassist

Question

I have downloaded quite a few songs from this site, and for the most part, the majority of them sound fantastic and pretty much correct. However, I have downloaded a few songs that are just horrible sounding. I don't know if I have to do something more than just download and put into the correct folder since that's pretty much all I had to do with all the other downloads. Is it just messed up content that wasn't done properly by the people that uploaded them or am I missing something? The tones are so far off from the actual song tones, extremely loud and distorted, and I do mean distorted, and I simply turn my speakers all the way down so as not to hear the song but just play along with the notes.

Is this a problem with the songs or do I need to make some adjustments somewhere? I'll give you an example, I downloaded cheap trick the flame. My bass never sounded so horrible before!! And that includes when I first picked one up oh so many years ago!!! Any suggestions? thoughts? ideas?

Thanks in advance!!!

3 answers to this question

Nothing wrong on your part.  You are correct that sometimes tones don't match properly.

The most effortless solution is to have a few good tones saved in the tone slots.  Switch to those when needed.

You COULD adjust the CDLC tones yourself using the Rocksmith toolkit, but you'd have to do it for every song and every tone change.

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

If only a tone is bad it is maybe worth fixing it with the Tk. But if the chart is way off forget it.

YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

Thanks guys, I assigned the bass tone to my number 2 slot of custom tones from one of the DLC's I purchased through steam, started up one of the really horribly distorted CDLC's I downloaded, hit 2 and voila it worked, thanks so much for the suggestions. I've yet to mess with the RSTK or EOF so I wasn't sure about opening and editing any of these CDLC's at this time. I will be looking deeper into the suggestion to fix the tone in the TK soon.