Any Cheap Real Tone Cable or Alternative?

TheVanillaMiner

Question

I bought Rocksmith 2014 around a year ago. A few months ago my cable started giving off a lot of feedback. So I plugged it in to a footswitch guitar pedal and put tension on the cable and put it under the footswitch and stepped down on it and it worked fine. But day after day it gets worse and worse, and soon its going to be to the point where the cable won't work. So I look for another one on Amazon and it rings up to be $50 dollars for a new cable. I think that is bull, so if anyone knows about any legitimate site that offers it for less OR an alternative to the real tone cable that is more durable. I saw a studio cable with a guitar end and a usb end but I don't know if that will work, so if anyone knows any atlernatives to the real tone cable or anywhere where I can get it for cheaper please tell me.

7 answers to this question

Weird! the max amount for an RT cable ive seen on greek shops are 25 euros max. Ive seen alot of RT cables on 20 euros too but i dont think these shops i looked on ship internationally. Maybe you are looking at a bundle? (Game + Cable). Also, make sure if you search for a cheap shop that its near you or around your city. If you find it for 30 and the shipping cost is 20 you might as well go with the first you found

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)

I've burned through 5 cables in a couple of years.  I live in a cold climate and the dry winter months leads to a lot of static electricity which kills the cables really quickly. 

The solution I've found is using my own Lexicon USB guitar input, and hacking the game to use my Lexicon USB VID/PID instead of the official realtone cable one.  The overall quality is better in every way.  Search for the No Cable Mod (but please do not pirate this fantastic game, the developers deserve our support).  It's a bit tricky to get working but if you're technically inclined you'll figure it out.

I'm not sure if this is the best place to ask this, but here goes.  Every time I play RS the levels for the RS usb cable (Recording Devices/Rocksmith USB Guitar Adapter/Microphone Properties/Levels) drops down to 17 or 21, which is far too low, and RS won't even detect about half of the notes I play.  So every time I start up RS, the tuner screen tells me my bass guitar volume is too low, so I alt-tab to the desktop, change the microphone properties levels to 100, and everything is fine.  Until the next time I play RS, when the levels drop back down to 17 or 21 again.  I've tried everything I can think of to fix this, but haven't had any luck.  Anyone know how I can fix this?

• Administrator

You can edit the cable gain inside the game option menu and it's also set via the calibration. Those should be the first thing to try to correct this before doing anything else regarding the cable volume.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity