Good warmup songs?

Raamie

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hej,

I play som warmup parts of Wicked game from Him

You will also find this song in RS2014

Nice... that was my first custom for this site from memory... (there was a site b4 that shall not be named)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...
and hoping to make a small come-back with some new CDLC ideas...

YAMAHA 4-String 24 Frets - D Standard -> C Standard & D Drop C...

ASHTON - 4-String 21 Frets, E Standard, Drop D, Half-Step Down (Nirvana)...

Phoenix? - BASS 21-22 Frets? - 4-in-line Headstock...
(3 BASSES + 2 ELECTRIC G + 2 ACOUSTICS + a UKE)

Les Paul Special II - Guitar 

IBANEZ - USED MODIFIED MODEL...
After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

I Only really play Bass Various Genres but hardly play guitar so i def test all my CDLC esp for BASS Accuracy + Playability... but i am not musically trained still...

Check out some of my customs...

Maybe the Nine Inch Nails songs for eg... i often warm up with NIN - "Just Like You Imagined" ...  especially cause i found warming up with songs that only use one string to be a be too limiting... it doesn't warm up anything for me anymore...

Various Easy BASS Songs:

Korn - For You (4U)

Marilyn Manson - The Nobodies

Linkin Park - Numb

NINE INCH NAILS - I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO JOINING YOU, FINALLY (Newly Added by me to this site)

For More of a Warmup :

GOJIRA

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1IL2zOTjhzm3gQCZ3_GR26ocW3ziEhg-2?usp=sharing__
Backup CDLC link ^^ - should list even the ones that got removed for inactive links...
just restored my ability to login again, so will try to slowly resubmit the missing ones...

After-market Tremolo Bridge + head-stock locking nut thingys --- Free 1994-ish Guitar =   🙂

Actually, I use my warm up time to lock in songs I have memorized (mostly random folk and classical) or go through scales. It's the time I use to practice things that have become boring, working on lyricism and phrasing and then, if I've gotten that far, I start moving them around the neck, into different keys.

It's the ears and theory time, really. That long slow process of learning scales by ear so the brain doesn't have to think about where a certain sound is on the fret board. Figure the ears don't need warm up, so they can get working as soon as I plug in.

• 1 year later...

Gojira - The Fall & Over The Flows for eg... before playing heavier Gojira...
some Nine Inch Nails or Eminem on Bass is fairly easy / repetitive if that helps... (try Bass Emulation on Guitar if need be)

• 6 months later...

74-75, why do you only call me when your high & Jeremy, are current goto warm ups

life in the fast lane - was actually created from a warm up exercise

also I really recommend string skip saloon & ducks shooting game, without looking at the fret board (which does help in locking in where everything is with it out having to look/think, for the sake of 5mins a day to get rid of location hesitation is invaluable).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Anything you're good at basically, I usually increase difficulty while warming up. I end up playing Hysteria as my first song of the session, then some Rush (any of them really, I love to play those) and then go for more technical songs to improve =)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...