Note detection/CDLC issue on one of my customs

Billkwando

Question

It's this song, and it's failing me on the simplest power chords and palm mutes, especially at the beginning of the song.

http://customsforge.com/page/customsforge_rs_2014_cdlc.html/_/pc-enabled-rs-2014-cdlc/kijun-basics-r25309

I can't imagine what's causing it. The song is very straightforward and not particularly fast. I checked and made sure the notes were grid snapped. Could someone try it and tell me if it's just me/my game? I even tried 2 different guitars, and made sure they were both precision tuned and that the game was calibrated, both times. 

I'm really frustrated because it's such a simple song, it's totally bizarre. Is my timing off somehow?

Thanks,

Bill

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

3 answers to this question

I went back and did what you said, and you were 100% right. I went from an 80-something to 94% by lightening up on the mutes. So....I did go back and convert all the palm mutes to string mutes (most folks probably wouldn't notice the difference by looking, honestly), and now you can really choke up on the palm mutes and get that nice chunky scratchy sound, without getting downgraded. I got 96% on my first try.

Thanks again for helping me get the song exactly how I wanted it! :D

• Like 1

- Billkwando

Hmmm, that's very helpful, thanks! I wonder if I shouldn't make the mutes rakes instead, so it gives you more leeway with how you choke up on them. In the song they're more noise than note, I think. Much appreciated second opinion, my friend. :)

- Billkwando