Not moving into own folder

Joey

So I just downloaded this again to try and tidy up my cdlc collection of 2k+ cdlc's and it stops moving the dlc into their own folders after the first couple (not sure exactly how many). I've run the release version and the beta version multiple times to ensure its not just an issue on one of them. I am wondering am I missing a step here anywhere? I use <artist>\\<artist>_<title> as shown in the instructions and i have also used \\<artist>\\<artist>_<title> as well but it will not move any of the cdlc's into their own folders anymore after the initial first startup and that only moved my letter A dlc's. Is this a bug or am I just missing something. Please advise. 

• Developer

Sounds like your are using the renamer feature.  Try using Setlist Manager feature if you want to move songs to different folders.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

So I actually figured out what was causing the issue. Apparently there is an issue with there being a character limit for when you have customs that have really long file names. When you take into account the path for Rocksmith with steam if the custom has a long name as well it runs into the too many characters limit and just stops moving things into the folders. I also found that it has issues with the & character and it may also have issues with periods (.) as well. I was able to bypass this bug by simply playing process of elimination and just doing sorting one letter at a time so I would move all the customs into a different folder then simply move the A's back and let it sort that then the B's and so on and so forth. It was a pain in the ass to do it that way but once I did it that way I ended up figuring out what the issue was. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Developer

Added file path name and file length validation to CFSM Beta 1.2.5.3, Renamer feature.  User will get a notification error message.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• Developer

@@Joey and @@papillon

I should also mention to you guys that there is a nice little CLI (command line interface) tool that is included with the toolkit (RSTK).  Look for 'artistfolders.exe' in the main toolkit folder.  Open up a command window and run artistfolders.exe.  It will give you a bit of help of how the program works.

It makes it easy to keep your CDLC in separate artist folders and names CDLC accordingly.  If you need more than that then keep using CFSM, otherwise artistfolders.exe is the way to go.