Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 152

Rodman

@ When it comes to stuff like action and intonation etc. I usually get my guitar teacher to help me since he makes and repairs guitars in his spare time. You could always ask the repair guy to teach you how to do it and I'm sure he'll oblige.

• Like 1

My totally awesome YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm_TitT9vc_V9UNCyTAivbg

Guitars:

Music Man Majesty Artisan

Diamond Halcyon ZB FR KB

Ibanez RG09LTD 'Pegasus'

Fender Stratocaster

Vintage Flying V

Some £30 acoustic guitar

Does your teacher know about RS? I always wondered what teacher may think about it. Thats mainly the reason i didnt get a teacher, thought he might limit my rs playing because "its a game" and he may snob it as a means of practice. Sorry for all the questions but it just popped in my mind :)

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)

@ He didn't really care much for it, so long as it kept me practicing. Also helps that I'm his most technically proficient student say he can hardly so that it's not good for my playing ;)

• Like 1

My totally awesome YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm_TitT9vc_V9UNCyTAivbg

Guitars:

Diamond Halcyon ZB FR KB

Ibanez RG09LTD 'Pegasus'

Fender Stratocaster

Vintage Flying V

Some £30 acoustic guitar

@@AlpaQ Still, it wouldnt be as bad as when people that dont even play instruments "know" for a fact that without a teacher you wont get anywhere :D I was almost talked out of spending money for a guitar plus the game and every single one my peers/family that doubted me used the same exact point everyone else uses  ;) Still was one of the best choices ive made so far! (They still choose to believe its "magic video game editing" that makes the guitar sounds rather than admit they were wrong but whatever :p)

• Like 3

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)

@ Man my parents were actually wanting me to play the game. Mainly because I had a guitar sit on it's stand for 6 years and if I didn't start using it they were gonna sell it and I came across Rocksmith to at least force some form of routine.

• Like 2

Guitars:

Diamond Halcyon ZB FR KB

Ibanez RG09LTD 'Pegasus'

Fender Stratocaster

Vintage Flying V

Some £30 acoustic guitar

@@AlpaQ My parents always wanted to sign me up for guitar lessons but i was like 6-7 back then and didnt really care. My dad had a guitar shop but i still wasnt convinced. (I know, stoopid) At the end he sold it to pursue sound engineering (that was a LONG time ago :) ) and i just forgot about the whole guitar thing. Fast forward to last year, i ran into rocksmith while looking for guitar hero on a online shop and from then, i was hooked

(And this is what the internet refers to as thread hijacking :P, ill work on a new score tomorrow)

• Like 2

My CDLC ! 

2nd try at Iron Maiden:

http://i1372.photobucket.com/albums/ag342/Yeezy_Chryst/20160918214128_1_zpsk47o8u54.jpg

Honestly am not liking all the 8-10 minute MC song's we've been getting. They're fun and all but it's so tedious spending so much time on them. 

Also this song is way too similar to Fear of the dark with the clean opening into fast paced 5th's then an instrumental section on the treble strings. Then moving into a usual Maiden solo, back into another instrumental. Final chorus and then finally heading back to the starting riff as the tempo slows. Smh Iron Maiden.

• Like 4

Guitars:

Diamond Halcyon ZB FR KB

Ibanez RG09LTD 'Pegasus'

Fender Stratocaster

Vintage Flying V

Some £30 acoustic guitar

@

1. Check this topic for some info about adjusting guitar - http://customsforge.com/topic/6749-guitar-strings-and-rocksmith-note-recognition/

2. fripp is a guitar teacher :)

• Like 4

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

that's right, and I'm one of those who support RS.

The game as standalone teacher isn't the best way to learn the instrument seriously, but if you play it just for fun and more as a game it's great motivation and can be much fun. I think a very good way can ba a combination of a good teacher and RS. But beware of learning wrong things like technics or just tabs. RS cannot preserve you of those. Also RS cannot really hear what you play, so use also your ears.

• Like 4
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

Captain-Sparton-weiss minimini.png

They're fun and all but it's so tedious spending so much time on them.

I kinda agree on that. All parts before and after the solo are really repetitive but i personally like iron maiden so i dont really mind. Gj though!

• Like 2

My CDLC ! 

*gets extremely high* 

giphy.gif

*sightreads music he's never heard of*

http://i.imgur.com/ghPdD6U.jpg

Hey, I watched one of this guy's movies once. It was about killer hillbillies! Cool song, man.

I would have done a lot better if the solo didn't catch me entirely off-guard. That's pretty fast for Int. Or maybe I'm just high and experiencing time dilation?!

http://i.imgur.com/JOMPBrN.jpg

This song is so bloody long I was halfway sober by the time it was over. Pretty good as far as New Iron Maiden goes. Wish there was like, one less verse and chorus, it kind of prattles on a bit before the solo happens.

I also got 86% on Nutshell, but I was in a stupor during the score screen and didn't Print Screen, so you're gonna have to trust me on this one.

• Like 6

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

@@Gamut don't worry about the Zombie solo, it's not you :)

I've even fixed the guitar path. Wait a minute and you can find the link in the record comments.

• Like 2
 YouTube                                                           The Phantastic 3                                                       Facebook

tested a few times, issue with fhp deleted and here it is

Rob Zombie - Two-Lane Blacktop fixed version, look in the rp comments for the green link

a test score

http://up.picr.de/26865692gg.jpg

the solo is still fast of course but it's playable and learnable now

• Like 7

I have a busy week coming up, so I'll just deposit these early attempts here and try the other songs if I get a chance:

Nutshell on bass

For the Greater Good of God on bass

• Like 5

"Like a bird on the wire, Like a drunk in a midnight choir, I have tried in my own way to be free" Leonard Cohen - RIP

Peek inside 2groggy's basement FreeBird Laboratory (not for the faint of heart)

Tobias Bass VI      SG shaped Bass VI     Hollow Acoustic Thunderbird 5     Hollow Archtop Bass VI

Harlequin Hollow Archtop Bass     Hollow Toby Bass VI     Starcaster Bass     A trio of hollow archtops (new)

@MC players:

Well we had that maximum lenght discussion about 2 years ago and finally agreed that the max max max duration can be 10 minutes, of course not every week.

Longer songs however can make it to the GoG contest.

You won´t believe it but we had octavarium for w50 aniversary (if i remember the week right) and we had 21st century schizoid man no, i meant another long track :)

• Like 2

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@Rodman

I dont think our problem is the length of the song (at least for me, i dont know about other MC players :) ) but the repetition of riffs and/or the boring parts that may be in a long song (I.e: boring riff or clean toned parts that are very slow and repetitive)

• Like 1

My CDLC ! 

Rod, I don't know what do you mean with 21st Century Schizoid Man? It's not that long.

• Like 2

Rod, I don't know what do you mean with 21st Century Schizoid Man? It's not that long.

goddamit what track was it then.... i remember we had an ~18min track back in the days i only tried on bass, i thought it was 21st csm ....

did we maybe play another track from that album? hmmm

edit... no just court of the crimson king which is not toooo long either....

nevermind ... nothing in comparison to octavarium anyways

• Like 1

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

Dream Theater - In The Name Of God - 14:16

Iron Maiden - Empire Of The Clouds - 18:01 (God of Guitar)

It's not so hard to check Roddie <_<

• Like 4