HOW MANY CORDS HAVE YOU BOUGHT?

bobbybrady123

Question

18 answers to this question

Since RS2011 6.  2 started dying, 2 actively used , 2 stashed for the looming extinction.

The 2 that started to die were weird.  I run a splitter setup and the audio to the amps started to get quiet and note recognition got poor.  That said they were original RS2011 cables so they had a couple thousand hours a piece on them.   

I have purchased 2, the one that came with the PS3 version of 2011 when it first came out and anothert o be able to play multi-player, both are still going strong.

I'm Allergic To Stupidity. I Break Out In Sarcasm.

I've bought 3.  The original one from original rs the wire near the plug must have broke because it crackles and if you twist it just right it works but you cant move it at all once its working or it stops.  That got old quick so I ordered two more incase I ever have someone to play multiplayer with.

@@Younha, Ubi promised to ship it at the end of an august (or 1st sep at least) as I know it's there for reasonable price, but still around 30$ (https://www.amazon.com/Rocksmith-2014-Cable-Trilingual-playstation-2/dp/B00I0701P4/)

I wonder what filtering they're using for the ADC chip :D

2 - Bought one with the first Rocksmith and another one with Rocksmith2014. Thinking I will buy my third one soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

edit: A few days after I wrote this my first cable broke at the jack end. I think its fixable but will buy me my third cable anyway, in a few days.

I have 3 cables, bought with a physical copy of the game at 50% each time (my contribution).

All of them are from the 1st RS, they all works fine.

A cable (all kinds) should never be stretched, twisted, wrapped etc.. or it will break (1st the copper inside & after the insulation).

If you travel/stock any kind of cable try to shape it this way (not twisted and with a round shape and a decent diameter ):

http://csimg.webmarchand.com/srv/FR/29026845107634/T/340x340/C/FFFFFF/url/couronne-100-metres-cable.jpg

this advice is available for cellphone chargers, usb etc..

As the electronic seems strong, it should be easy to repair it with a classic electric guitar cable cut in half or the jack plug alone*

as most of the time it should break towards the jack plug (where there's an angle due to the cable weight).

HTB1TZEjKXXXXXXqXpXXq6xXFXXXO.jpg?size=4

This jack is not molded, the back can be removed to solder the plug (cost 3€ for 10 plugs..).

Alex360 reported some problems with this kind of jack though.

@@Frack, those jacks looks pretty awful and I saw one vid that this cheap sloppy jacks introduce noise because of bad assembly, so if you need it to "just works" state than you're good to go :)

• Like 1