CDLCs in wrong tuning... how can I transpose them?

stoutyeoman

Question

I couple of CDLCs I downloaded are in a different tuning than the recording, and thus a different tuning than I am used to playing them in. Is there a way to change the tuning, and have the in-game notation adjusted to reflect the correct tuning? 

Specifically I'm referring to some of the Misfits tabs from the American Psycho album, recorded in Eb but the tabs are in standard and it's really messing with me. 

9 answers to this question

I couple of CDLCs I downloaded are in a different tuning than the recording, and thus a different tuning than I am used to playing them in. Is there a way to change the tuning, and have the in-game notation adjusted to reflect the correct tuning? 

Specifically I'm referring to some of the Misfits tabs from the American Psycho album, recorded in Eb but the tabs are in standard and it's really messing with me. 

You can't change the tab, to have the song for the correct tunning you have to recreate that song wiht the tabs (wich in this case are Eb tunnings)

But If you just want to change the tunning for the songs all you need to do is open up the RockSmith ToolKit and then hit Import Package.Then,just select the Track wich one do you want to edit in the "Arrangements" part and hit edit,from there you can change the tunning.

• Like 1

My Customs

The reasons why most of my customs are not updated yet:

1.)I'm lazy to do it because I have no motivation for it

2.)I'm not at my computer

3.)I'm working on a song that I haven't made it yet

4.)I don't have any song to work on it

G7SOxFY.jpg

You can't change the tab, to have the song for the correct tunning you have to recreate that song wiht the tabs (wich in this case are Eb tunnings)

But If you just want to change the tunning for the songs all you need to do is open up the RockSmith ToolKit and then hit Import Package.Then,just select the Track wich one do you want to edit in the "Arrangements" part and hit edit,from there you can change the tunning.

Thanks! I gave that a shot, will try them out later. Is it still going to use the same tab or will it adjust the tab to fit the new tuning? 

Thanks! I gave that a shot, will try them out later. Is it still going to use the same tab or will it adjust the tab to fit the new tuning? 

The tab is not going to change as I said, just the tunning. If you want to have a song with a different tunning along with the matching tabs, you have to create that song on your own.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

You can also modify the tab on any song, yes.

RST has an option that allows you to unpack the songs, so you can edit the songs. In order to do that, I advice to take a look to how to make a CDLC from scratch, that is quite close. You won't have to redo everything though, just correct what's needs to be corrected.

You can also modify the tab on any song, yes.

RST has an option that allows you to unpack the songs, so you can edit the songs. In order to do that, I advice to take a look to how to make a CDLC from scratch, that is quite close. You won't have to redo everything though, just correct what's needs to be corrected.

Wow,I never knew that,I guess man learns something new every day.

My Customs

G7SOxFY.jpg

Sorry man, I thought you were advising to redo the tab from scratch, in case the guy needed to amend it. My bad.

That's actually ok, I may go ahead and just redo these songs from scratch, depending how badly I want them in RS. They're pretty easy songs and I can play them anyway, but it's fun to be able to play along with the track through headphones and all. They're good "warm up" songs. 

That's your call (obviously) ;)

My point was, it's technically possible to improve someone else's work, and depending how good the original charter's work was, you may save time as there's several things to take care of (from sync, Riff repeater slincing to custom tone). And even if the original charter's work is not perfect, as an absolute beginner you'll certainly learn some tricks in the process of amending it ;)

That's your call (obviously) ;)

My point was, it's technically possible to improve someone else's work, and depending how good the original charter's work was, you may save time and some time as there's several things to take care of (from sync, Riff repeater slinging to custom tone). And even if the original charter's work is not perfect, as an absolute beginner you'll certainly learn some tricks in the process of amending it ;)