Warning: This Track's fret limit is exceeded by a pasted note's fret value of 21

Syvaa

I get this pop-up when I tried to paste the solo from a different tab into my lead guitar chart, everything else was ok, but the very last note of the solo which is a 21, just turned into a 0 instead.

Like this: 

http://i.imgur.com/mctoivt.jpg

Now If I manually try to edit the note value by pressing N, it only gives me an X instead when I hit apply 

Anyone have any idea what is causing the issue?

Bassist, currently learning guitar.
Big fan of 70's Hardrock, 80's heavymetal and cheesy hairmetal

My CDLC's

@@Syvaa, yeah I know
go to "track>Pro guitar>set num of strings\frets" and place 24 there it's max value for rs2014 :)
and also make sure you've got export set to export rs2 files

• Like 1

@@Syvaa that reason is rb3 real pro guitars, which appears in game industry previously, I may ask @@raynebc to avoid this limitation and just cut frets above 17 for export proposes and bypass all frets up to 24 to have maximum range available w\o additional steps, can we?

• Like 1

Authoring pro guitar charts for RB3 is probably not done much anymore. Maybe I can stick with the existing default limits if Rock Band export (in import/export preferences) is enabled. Or if Rocksmith 1 export is enabled, a default fret limit of 22 is used instead. Or if Just Rocksmith 2 export is enabled, the default limit of 24 can be placed. That should work out for all affected parties, right?

@@raynebc, eh, I guess it would be something like : got full 24 fret range for raw eof track, cut off to nearest low + notify about thet when export to rb3\RS1 rs2 should be fine by default, because it has upper limit already, something like that, but defaulting limit to selected export would be great too! I'd also like to have unpitched slides in\out to be handled correctly, wish gp format did have them in readable format and just like a bitmask (bold for me to saying this even doesn't looking at gp file format :D)

There are different ways to define slides in Guitar Pro files, and those ways vary from version to version:

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/raynebc/editor-on-fire/master/Guitar%20Pro%205.10%20format.txt

If it's defined in a way that specifies both endpoints of the slide, EOF imports it accordingly. Let me know if you had ideas for improving it.