Help Charting Songs

hughseless

Question

I would really like to contribute to this community by making custom dlc but I am really bad at syncing the guitar pro import to the audio.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'd like to add alot of 90's-2000's punk and ska to this forum if I can figure out this charting thing.  I have about 15 years guitar xp and I'm pretty good with pc and I know this is prob a newb question so I apologize but I'm getting really frustrated and about to give up.

13 answers to this question

I would really like to contribute to this community by making custom dlc but I am really bad at syncing the guitar pro import to the audio.  Any help would be appreciated.  I'd like to add alot of 90's-2000's punk and ska to this forum if I can figure out this charting thing.  I have about 15 years guitar xp and I'm pretty good with pc and I know this is prob a newb question so I apologize but I'm getting really frustrated and about to give up.

You should try posting this in the workshop. That's where a lot the charters hang out.

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

The one tip I can give you is that the bass drum usually hits on the first beat of a measure, and the first beat is usually the only one you want to adjust or else you'll go mad trying to get everything perfect (and the dynamic difficulty generator may screw up).

Also, if you hit F5 you'll see the spiky green graph thing appear behind your tab.  The beats will often coincide with the spikes.  You really have to use your eyes and ears.

Trust me, it gets much easier with practice.

EDIT: And bring on the punk!

I am having the same issues. I import a Gp chart....and its off by 10 seconds or more  "crying in the rain" by whitesnake  I keep studying these  tutorials about beat markers and grid snaps. I am totally lost. move the first maker to start of song...then move the second marker to the first drum you hear?

I always work with TuxGuitar (free) to fix Guitar Pro tabs then sync with Go PlayAlong (not free if you need export but it so useful). After sync you will figure out BPM to set in EoF, a lot of songs is pretty lousy with keeping it constant so export from GPA and import in EoF is better.

My more detailed tutorial is not available at the moment, but that is pretty much it, you just need to learn how to do stuff with TuxGuitar/GPA/EoF. This is the hard part, making a package out of it is easy.

Shrubbery,

I'd be very interested to see a detailed tutorial on how you use Go Playalong( I'm assuming an export from there) to help the syncing process in EOF. I downloaded the trial version, and had great luck syncing up tabs to an MP3 that I was really having trouble with in EOF. I'm just unsure of exactly what you do from having it sync'd in GPA to facilitating it in EOF.

Jay Taylor

Filmmaker/Guitarplayer

www.badferret.com

If I may add to other posts, when I first started with cdlc my synch was horribly off and user 'deratio' pointed me to using 'Claps' in EoF (under edit - select Claps). The beat of the claps must coincide when the notes should be played in the song. Its easier to tell when your notes are out of synch when the claps sound is off from the song. Simple tip but it really helped me nail my synch. I had originally used the Midi option in EoF and that's off by a beat or two so don't use that as a guide.

If I can offer another advise is that all of the GP that I found for my genre of music were really bad. Hopefully yours is better. I ended up charting from scratch or completely overhaul the GP file. Don't be surprise if you end up doing that just to get a decent quality cdlc. Hope this helps.

Shrubbery, I'd be very interested to see a detailed tutorial on how you use Go Playalong( I'm assuming an export from there) to help the syncing process in EOF. I downloaded the trial version, and had great luck syncing up tabs to an MP3 that I was really having trouble with in EOF. I'm just unsure of exactly what you do from having it sync'd in GPA to facilitating it in EOF.

My tutorial is available again: http://customsforge.com/topic/856-tutorial-for-proper-initial-gp-tab-sync-to-audio-trackeof-updated/To answer your question, you have to export and you need a license to do that (I just say it's theoretically possible to read any GPA database with a program and export sync points). Exported XML file then can be imported into EOF.