Eden glowplug vs EBS ValveDrive?

Archie79

Does anyone have any experience using either of these? I currently have the EBS ValveDrive DI preamp/pedal connected via my Eden E300 amp head. I am using it as a overdrive pedal rather than a preamp to get a tube effect drive sound. I have set it to give a flat response and only adjust the gain control and vintage control as I use my amp to achieve my desired sound. Only problem is that I find this pedal is a bit overpowering on the bass tones, especially on the low E string. I had to stop playing with my humbucker and move the switch to single coil as it was just too much but I wasn't happy with the overall sound. I have managed to kind of get round this by going back to my humbucker while using drive by adding a compressor pedal with attack and sustain turned down to minimum. I have been considering trying the Eden glowplug as this is purely used as a pedal and not preamp but I can find very little on it. Any advice welcome, thanks.