Missing song, how to download again?

deansmayhem

Question

I recently discovered that a song (at least one, could be more) went missing. "A more perfect union" by Titus Andronicus. It's just gone. It's not in the dlc folder any more. By the way, this is an Official RS song, not a cdlc.

I tried validating the local files in Steam, and that said that there were 7 files that were missing or corrupt, and there's now 3 more songs in the dlc folder, but still not that one.

I tried going to the Steam store but they don't even list it there, I suppose that's because it was part of the original song list in RS 2014? I don't know.

Does anyone know how and where I can re-download it? Thanks for any help you may have.

7 answers to this question

• Administrator

A More Perfect Union is an RS1 On disc song, so the file you are missing is "rs1compatibilitydisc_p.psarc".

I don't see any reason for it to disappear and steam should redownload it if you correctly own the import tool whne you verify the integrity of the files... (just tried it myself).

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

Okay, great. That might help here because I have those disks from RS1 backed up. I'll see if I can find that song and re-install it.

Thanks!

Edit to add; No, I guess I don't have the RS1 disk backed up, so I'm unsure how to go about getting that re-installed. I do own RS1 and all that, I'll try to verify the files again...not sure what else to do. I will probably end up calling support.

In steam under Rocksmith 2014 DLC, Try untick then tick the disc import tool and see if it redownloads?

Do you have other RS1 on disc songs show up in your setlist? Not having RS1 installed shouldn't matter, I have the songs on OSX even though Rocksmith 1 isn't compatible with it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the suggestions! I am going to try them.

I had a chat session with support and was basically told that they can't (or won't) do anything for me until I remove all the of CDLC's. Which I really don't want to do.

I did some further checking and it looks like all of the songs from RS1 are missing...not just "A more perfect union".

You get the "rs1compatibilitydisc_p.psarc" file when you install rocksmith 2014, even if you don't have rs1 or the disc tool import.   So if nothing else work you can always reinstall rocksmith.

If I reinstall RS2014, won't I lose all of my scores? Won't it be like starting all over again or no?

In steam under Rocksmith 2014 DLC, Try untick then tick the disc import tool and see if it redownloads?

Do you have other RS1 on disc songs show up in your setlist? Not having RS1 installed shouldn't matter, I have the songs on OSX even though Rocksmith 1 isn't compatible with it.

That worked!!!!! Thank you!!!!

I had to uncheck that, then close and restart Steam, then check it again. It pulled the songs down again! Woot!

• Like 1