Custom Song Toolkit won't open (Mac)

First it said I needed a recent version of mono which I had.  So I uninstalled that version and downloaded version 2.8.  Now instead of getting that message about mono I get nothing.  The icon bounces when I click it but nothing happens.  It won't open.  What do I do?

• 4 weeks later...

the install of mono on my macbook air running the gold master (final code) of macos sierra does not launch the toolkit at all.

my mac pro with el capitan & the latest mono does launch the toolkit but it does crash relatively frequently...

i'm not a dev but i have been in IT for nearly 20 years so i can troubleshoot most any issue related to mac/linux/windows but mono stuff really throws me off

@@uberdown, can you run it through terminal and collect output log ? may be useful to trace bad things there, also, is it works well with cli tools (like unpacker)?

this is the complete output after launching the toolkit via terminal & pointing directly to the program within the .app container:

<machinename>:~ <user.directory>$ Downloads/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app/Contents/MacOS/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit

Current Mono version: v4.2.0

exception inside UnhandledException handler: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext' threw an exception.

[ERROR] FATAL UNHANDLED EXCEPTION: System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.KnownColors' threw an exception. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'System.Drawing.GDIPlus' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: libgdiplus.dylib

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)

at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () in <filename unknown>:line 0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Drawing.KnownColors..cctor () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Drawing.Color.get_Black () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeWin32Classic..cctor () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeVisualStyles..ctor () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Windows.Forms.ThemeEngine..cctor () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Windows.Forms.SystemInformation.get_MenuAccessKeysUnderlined () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.Control:.ctor ()

at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext..cctor () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Windows.Forms.WindowsFormsSynchronizationContext.get_AutoInstall () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Windows.Forms.Control..ctor () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl..ctor () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl..ctor () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Windows.Forms.Form..ctor () in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox+MessageBoxForm..ctor (IWin32Window owner, System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon, Boolean displayHelpButton) in <filename unknown>:line 0

at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox+MessageBoxForm..ctor (IWin32Window owner, System.String text, System.String caption, MessageBoxButtons buttons, MessageBoxIcon icon) in <filename unknown>:line 0

at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox+MessageBoxForm:.ctor (System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window,string,string,System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxButtons,System.Windows.Forms.MessageBoxIcon)

at System.Windows.Forms.MessageBox.Show (System.String text, System.String caption) in <filename unknown>:line 0

at RocksmithToolkitGUI.Program+<>c.<Main>b__1_0 (System.Object s, System.UnhandledExceptionEventArgs e) in <filename unknown>:line 0

The latest Mono release is: 4.6 Stable (4.6.0.245)

you've got 4.2 there

anyway it's missing  libgdiplus so you may help it find it, someone just copy one to toolkits folder (/resources) someone may use links or bash scripts, here http://www.mono-project.com/docs/advanced/pinvoke/dllnotfoundexception/

I'm hopping they've fixed those in 4.6 build

i had noticed the build number was off but i wasn't sure if that was coming from mono or a dependency.

since you pointed out that the 4.2.0 build WAS the mono version, i completely removed mono, reinstalled & adjusted the symlinks then tried to execute again via terminal & my macbook air with sierra is now running better than my mac pro with el capitan!

i'm also using the 2.7 customs toolkit which may be playing with mono better than previous builds

• Developer

i'm also using the 2.7 customs toolkit which may be playing with mono better than previous builds

Thanks for the feedback.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

• 3 weeks later...

I still had this problem with the latest beta build 2.7.1.0 (rev 9ec31e2c) (to fix 100% complete issue) on Sierra. 

mono -V tells me I was on the latest version

I uninstalled mono and re-installed it (4.6.1)

Double clicking still get me the 'need version higher than 2.6' error.

running 'open -a /Applications/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app' from terminal works.

My current work-around is to create a bash script (/Applications/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.command) that has the following:

#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/open -a /Applications/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app 2>&1 /dev/null

I then did a:

sudo chmo uog+x /Applications/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app

The redirecting to /dev/null does not seem to work. But double clicking now works and I can pin it. It opens a terminal in the background - but I can live with that. 

So there is something in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH or some such that works when I do something interactively that double clicking is not doing. 

Now to work out how to bulk update the CDLC from the command line. 

@@lamby, I'll dis into mono version detection algo so it say less if unshure which mono is, Wepeel comented out that check and just run the toolkit, you can do the same while I'm playing with script, look at RocksmithCustomSongToolkit in one of the subfolder (not a resources one)

• 1 month later...

I still had this problem with the latest beta build 2.7.1.0 (rev 9ec31e2c) (to fix 100% complete issue) on Sierra. 

mono -V tells me I was on the latest version

I uninstalled mono and re-installed it (4.6.1)

Double clicking still get me the 'need version higher than 2.6' error.

running 'open -a /Applications/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app' from terminal works.

My current work-around is to create a bash script (/Applications/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.command) that has the following:

#!/bin/bash

/usr/bin/open -a /Applications/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app 2>&1 /dev/null

I then did a:

sudo chmo uog+x /Applications/RocksmithCustomSongToolkit.app

The redirecting to /dev/null does not seem to work. But double clicking now works and I can pin it. It opens a terminal in the background - but I can live with that. 

So there is something in my LD_LIBRARY_PATH or some such that works when I do something interactively that double clicking is not doing. 

Now to work out how to bulk update the CDLC from the command line. 

This probably isn't fixed, because I get the same error in Sierra?

However your solution works. I get the Toolkit open via Terminal. So thank you for help.  :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. - Privacy Policy