Dream band?

RoyaIBlood

So if you could make a band of anybody from any band who would you choose? why?
The band would consist of this set up

Singer -

Guitarist -

Bassist -

Drummer -

(The Singer can be the same as your Guitarist or Bassist or Drummer)

You may only use one member from a band/act. They may be alive or dead it doesn't matter

This would be mine ^^

Singer - Myles Kennedy (Alter Bridge & Slash) Has a amazing voice to listen to as he sings

Guitarist - Daron Malakian (System of a down) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5bXYXI2DWE Underrated in my opinion

Bassist - Cliff Burton (Passed Metallica member) Such a great bassist on the few songs he did with Metallica before he died

Drummer - Joey Jordison (Former Slipknot drummer) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sp_PJrPgpk8

I tried to go for the not so obvious picks and wanted to mix it up (Hendrix, Page etc.)

• 4 weeks later...

Let's play:

Singer - Emily Hines (Metric) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQm1zs8EjAY - I mean, that's pretty obvious :)

Guitarist - Josh Middleton (Sylosis, JMP) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwToTmTuJYk - even though I'm huge fan of Kirk Hammett, I would go with Josh, I love his style.

Bassist - Cliff Burton R.I.P. (Metallica) - my favorite bassist has to be here.

Drummer - I don't care :lol: so let's pick Ringo Starr!

That would be asick band. Thrash metal with cute vocals. Bring it on!

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

Singer - Mikael Åkerfeldt (Opeth - Just bought Pale Communion on Record)

Guitarist (Rythm Guitar) - Mac Demarco (I think i would the sound of hid guitar along with this mixup)

Guitaris 2 (Massively used for solos) - Mikael Åkerfeldt (Yes again, i love his voice so much)

Bassist - Joe Dart (Vulfpeck. What else can i say? Who doesnt love his amazing bass skills?)

Drummer - Larnell Lewis (Snarky Puppy. C'mon, who doesnt agree his drumming from Lingus was orgasmic)

I dont think this can be beaten, Come at me!

~R.I.P Daisy Duck and Paddy~

We'll all miss you.

<3 <3 <3

Just to mix stuff up ...

Lead Vocals - Lzzy Hale from Halestorm

Guitar - Synyster Gates from A7X

Guitar - John Patrucci (dual lead - they're both amazing and I'd love to hear them play together)

Bass - Geddy Lee 

Keyboards - Jordan Rudess

Drums - Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan as he would have been today, with the additional experience

Lyrics - Danny Elfman and The Rev, primarily

No one musician ever excelled at all of those things, and songwriting, the way Prince did.

No one.

I'm not really that much into the music but challenge accepted: how about Paul McCartney? John Lennon? Dave Grohl ( :P )?

...and Chopin or Mozart would eat him alive :lol:

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

• Administrator

well Paul Mccartney could have a case made for him but we all have our own idol and even though i'm not a fan of Prince material, he surely had the talent to do whatever he liked. Is he really the best of all, well that's impossible to tell and probably depends on personal preferences (i can argue Prince didn't know how to growl but i also think most people that like prince music prefer to avoid growling vocals for example).

I'll admit i wouldn't be able to pick a dream band. It's too dependent on what i would want my dream album to sound like and will also vary from each artist moment where they had a different sound too. So question is just too hard and will probably vary too much with time and with the incredible artist i discover with time :)

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

This is really a loaded question. There are countless ways to define 'great'. Sure, Hendrix and Prince were both fantastic at emoting with an instrument. But pure speed, no. That I'd have to give to Herman Li, with runners up Synyster Gates, John Petrucci and Eddie Van Halen. Musicianshilp, including writing music (modern)? Sullivan, Pert, Tuomas, Elfman. Instrumental wizardry? Perlman, Reinhardt, Van Halen, Rudess, Pert, Pastorius. Founding musical dynasties? Chuck Berry, Led Zepplin, Muddy Waters, Rush. Writing music? J.S. Bach (ok, there I can't think of any single person who has had more influence on Western music)

And so on and so forth. Best is so variable depending on what any individual values in music. Unfortunately, what one person values most, is often ignored or even denigrated by others. I think of my top half dozen bands, NONE of them have ever won a Grammy or come close to leading any Rolling Stones anything. They're just not going to win popularity contests against RIAA sponsored favorites. *shrug*  Means I get to see them in smaller venues. I win.

• 2 months later...

Singer: Serj Tankian

Lead Guitarist: Eric Calderone (Eerock)

Rhythm Guitarist: Izzy Stradlin

Bass: D'arcy Wretzky

Drummer: Dave Grohl

Or something like that... Weird sounding? Probably, but I like weird things and find all those musicians very passionate in the ways they play.

Bassists finger better...