Any mac release?

ragebru

• Developer

Need your help to test and debug CFSM on a Mac.  Are you up to the challenge?  If so then follow these instructions:

1)  Install Mono

2)  Modify Step 5 of "Creating the application for OS X" as would be applicable to CFSM, i.e. change any references from "wx.Test" to "CustomsForgeSongManager".  Use this CFSM custom Mac package to obtain the CustomsForgeSongManager.exe and copy all dll to the the MacOS folder per Step 5 (this package contains the equivalent files that you would find in the bin\Release folder that is mentioned in Step 5 of these instructions).

3)  Report back with progress and success.

• Like 2

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

1/installed Mono

2/ typed in  terminal 

mkdir CustomsForgeSongManager.app
cd CustomsForgeSongManager.app
mkdir Contents
cd Contents
mkdir MacOS

(replacing wx.test with CustomForgeSongManager as you told me)

created CustomForgeSongManger.text as follow 

#!/usr/bin/perl
$appmain = "CustomForgeSongManager.exe";

use File::Basename;
$scriptdir = dirname($0);

chomp($nowdir = `pwd`);
$realapppath = "$nowdir/$scriptdir/";
$realappname = "$realapppath$appmain";

$ENV{DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH} = "/Volumes/wx.NET-0.7.2-MacOSX-Build/Bin/:$ENV{DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH}";

chdir ($realapppath);
exec ("mono $realappname");

(did not defined patgh to wx-c.dylib at this point).

Now, can't find this CustomForgeSonManager folder on my mac. Then where would i find these CustomForgeSongManager.dll and .dll.config (original files are from wx.NET ??? and i don't see them in CustomForgeSongManager.tar i dl) and CustomForgeSongManager.text  described below.

I apologize but not really in informatic things and english's not my native tongue  ;) Could anyone help ?

• Like 1

• Developer

Looks like good progress.  Thanks for sharing.

Per Step 5 instructions, 'Next, we need to copy wx.Test.exe file to the MacOS folder we just created. (The wx.Text.exe is the one under bin\Release folder)  Please also copy wx.NET.dll and wx.NET.dll.config (from wx.NET) to the MacOS folder.' 

Did you copy all files from the tar file to the MacOS folder?

'$ENV{DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH} = "/Volumes/wx.NET-0.7.2-MacOSX-Build/Bin/:$ENV{DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH}";'

Looks like this line from the script needs to be modified for CustomForgeSongManager.  Then try to follow this instruction (may have something to do with Mono installation but I'm not sure):

Where $ENV{DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH} defines the path to wx-c.dylib, you should adjust the line to accommodate your installation.

To change the wx.Test file to 755 permission, you can use Get Info window or following command:
chmod 755 wx.Test

Disclaimer:  I am not a Mac owner, so none of this has been (can be) tested by me.

Are you tired of AV False Positives???  Now accepting donations on my website (Click Here)  Your donation will be used towards buying a code signing certificate.   CGT is now compatible and safe to use with Rocksmith® 2014 Remastered ... 

Latest Build of Custom Game Toolkit (CGT) w/ Game Save Gigbox       Latest Build of Rocksmith Toolkit       Latest Build of Customs Forge Song Manager (CFSM)

All bug reports and help requests please include your: OS, CPU, AV, .NET Framework versions along with a description of the issue (include screenshots of error if possible).  It should go without having to say ... make sure you are using the latest build before submitting bug reports or asking for help.

*  Remember to use your magic words (please and thank you) if you would like a response.  Don't use phrases like 'thanks anyhow' as it is demeaning.

http://img4.hostingpics.net/thumbs/mini_546075Capturedecran20160807a164611.png

I put all files from the tar File in CustomForgeSongManager.app

CustomForgeSongManager.txt (renamed the 'original' wx.Test.txt) anyway i changed permission.

It's hard for me to understand but it call specific files that i can't find in directory (i changed name but there's no CustomForgeSongManager.app in my repertory)

'$ENV{DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH} = "/Volumes/wx.NET-0.7.2-MacOSX-Build/Bin/:$ENV{DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH}";'

You could change the path in $ENV{DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH} = "/Volumes/wx.NET-0.7.2-MacOSX-Build/Bin/:$ENV{DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH}";
to where you put the wx-c.dylib(We suggest you copy it into /usr/lib). In above script, we assumed that your wx-c.dylib was in /Volumes/wx.NET-0.7.2-MacOSX-Build/Bin/.

I don't have a file named like this... 

any hint ?

• Developer

Not sure about reference to wx-c.dylib.

Could it be in the Mono installation directory?  Does "/Volumes/wx.NET-0.7.2-MacOSX-Build/Bin" exist on you system?  If so then maybe wx-c.dylib is located there. 

@@Wepeel can you offer any suggestions to us about running PC app on Mac?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'll try. 

First of all. We don't want any Mac user to install VS/MonoDevelop and build the app from scratch on a Mac system. That's not the point. We want to run the same official builds, so the instructions are more simple actually.

1) Install Mono release on your Mac machine
2) Copy over all app files from Windows machine with the app installed already to a folder on Mac 
3) Open Terminal in that directory and type: mono CustomForgeSongManager.exe

However, we've tested this today internally (thanks, @Zagatozee) and the app crashes on start, probably because the app wasn't able to access registry in which it searches for Rocksmith installed directory. I'm not 100% on that since I don't have a Mac machine to debug, but that's my best guess.

The best workaround would be to code the app so that if it detects that it runs on the Mac's Mono then don't try to accessing the registry. And that's the first hurdle, who knows what else we'll discover during testing.

EVERYONE KNOWS SOMETHING YOU DON’T, SO SHUT THE FUCK UP, LISTEN, AND LEARN. AND IF YOU'RE DOING SOMETHING, DO IT RIGHT.