Rocksmith 2014 Championship Week 145

I'm gonna turn this into a video for people who learn better that way, but in the meantime for readers...

Gamut Wisdom #2: Not Playing Matters As Much As Playing

Every note you play has a beginning and an end.

Sometimes, like when you're palm muting, the end is right after the start. Other times you let the note ring out for a while, sometimes super long and getting that cool feedback wail. There's a whole spectrum of note lengths between these two, and the silence after the note is occasioanlly even more important than the note itself.

A common weakness of CDLC (and even Ubi charts.........) is that sustains are not charted correctly. There's a very large sound difference between holding a note for quarter of a beat versus a beat and a half, say. And often, charters will not put ANY sustain on note gems, and just let you interpret the note length for yourself.

So... pay attention to how long notes last in the songs you play, and just like you try to hit the note as close to the rhythm as possible, hit the mute with a crisp groove! When song charts don't have accurate sustains, do your best to mute your guitar like the guitarist in the song does (or, y'know... whatever sounds good! :D).

Remember that you can mute your strings with either hand! A good way to get a clean mute on your fretting hand is just to pull back the pressure on the string a little - you don't even have to stop fretting~

Until next time: Stay loose!

• Like 5

Gamut now active again on Youtube!

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Come join us in the Rocksmith Championship!

@@Gamut Very sound advice, i actually started noticing the difference on the charted sustain and the actual sustain the song was recorded with. But i have a question, HOW can i actually make those badass wail like in the intro of alice coopers - poison ? :P Maybe its a noob question but tbh i never researched it at all

• Like 1

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)

@@Gamut Very sound advice, i actually started noticing the difference on the charted sustain and the actual sustain the song was recorded with. But i have a question, HOW can i actually make those badass wail like in the intro of alice coopers - poison ? :P Maybe its a noob question but tbh i never researched it at all

If you're on the right settings, just letting a note ring should eventually get those sounds. Go through these until it happens:

1. Tone with LOTS of gain!

2. Volume up on guitar.

3. If still not getting badass wails after 1 and 2, make your pickups hotter (usually means turn screws until pickups are closer to strings).

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

Something very screwy went on here. It was most definitely a 100% run, but accuracy is somehow > 100% and the streak is only 167 where it should be 270.

http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/mwjr4n0vua1mobl/221680_20160806190053_1.png?dl=0

I saw something like that (accuraccy higher then 100%) in SA once. Sadly I can't accept that :mellow:

• Like 2

Master of Rocksmith Championship
For Whom the Leaderboard Tolls
...And Song Selection List For All
Seek and Championship Class Lists

The Exercise That Never Comes

@@Mortalo don't worry, you're a nice douche :)

T-Rex Interactive | Box Kid Adventures

My city hosts a free concert every year called Festival of Friends, and the lineup is quiet different all the time. This year it was going to be gospel and soul artists all night, which isn't really my bag... until the headliner called in sick and the only band they could get to fill on in short notice was Monster Truck. Well now I wanted to go! Very funny seeing a crowd of half old people with a mosh pit in front.

Too tired from all the headbanging I did to recreate my 94.7 run, so I guess this'll have to do.

http://i.imgur.com/urljdvQ.jpg

• Like 3

Gamut on Twitch

Gamut on Twitter

Gamut Customs

~

• Rocksmith Championship Organizer

-= weekly leaderboard update =-

leader changes:

@ - MC Bass

CONGRATULATIONS!

http://i64.tinypic.com/1ox2ip.jpg

HAVE A GREAT SHORT REST OF WEEK AND A HELLUVA NEW ONE

• Like 3

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@@Tango Thank you friend :) I wish i would have gotten in this whole thing back in 2014 when i opened the account because its way too fun competing but i was somehow convinced in my mind that you had to be a very good player and that you have to post videos for your score to count. Stupid of me to never actually check the rules...

• Like 3

My CDLC ! 

I usually release about 2 CDLC a month, because I like to take my time and make them as good as I can for the benefit of everyone interested in them ;)

back home...

strange to have an bass in the hands after 2 weeks of tiny winy mini guitar.

dhm try bass

http://i65.tinypic.com/29dbv5z.jpg

• Like 4

-= Building a Guitar from Scratch with Absolutely No Woodworking Experience =-
-= ROCK - Rodmans Course for Kids and Beginners =-

-=GET RID OF ON DISC SONGS IN THE SONG SELECTION LIST? , FULL SETLIST MANAGEMENT? - YOU NEED A ROADIE !!!=-
-= SPOTIFY Rocksmith CS Playlist =-
-= Use your DLC library on multiple PCs w. autoupdate =-
-= Build your own RS Toneswitch Fb =-

-= Join the Championship - cause the Championship is good for you =-
-= What´s my RANK again??? - check the 10-weeks Leaderboard and PLAYER Level =-
-= Put the Songs you want to be played into SONG SELECTION LIST =-

On 11/8/2016 at 8:32 PM, Vodka said:

I hated Royal Republic prev. time. I hate it this time too.

UPD: OK. I hate every song. I guess I need to stop.

@ In the options there are 1-2 sliders for adjusting latency. Thankfully i never had to tinker with them but if u search you might find smth

My CDLC !