Dynamic Difficulty always starts at 100%, issue

mikewiehle

Question

8 answers to this question

I complained about this one too. But it doesn't always start at 100%. Today, the package I created started playback at 75%. In LAS it should default to the initial DD setting.

I'm assuming I'm choosing the wrong setting - I just use the default setting. Since there seems to be no explanations as to what any of those settings do. I tried one of the options (think it was 'Max 5') and DD didn't work at all.

Also, sometimes the DD and speed levels in the Riff Repeater get reported with decimals -  65.4%, 99.2% etc.

To me it seems like Rocksmith will automatically determine what mastery percentage to start you off with on a new song, and it may round up. So if it thinks you're capable of playing 75% mastery, and you go to play a song with only 3 difficulty levels, it may skip level 2 (we can estimate this as being 66% mastery) and round you up to the next available mastery level (100%).

I'm struggling with this too... I've just started learning guitar and CDLC even with 8 difficulty levels starting right at 8 is by no stretch of imagination helping me learn. And also I've only played about 3 or 4 songs and got max to 40%, so there is no way it could be dependent on your mastery level in the game.

Edited by Berzeger

To be honest, I think if you're just starting out learning, it's probably best to stick with the songs that came with Rocksmith. At least for the first couple of months.

Thanks for your suggestion. The thing is, I don't even know half of the songs and most of the other half I don't really want to know how to play (except for bands like Iron Maiden, Megadeth, SOAD and such), that's why I started looking for customs. :)

To be honest, I think if you're just starting out learning, it's probably best to stick with the songs that came with Rocksmith. At least for the first couple of months.

Thanks for your suggestion. The thing is, I don't even know half of the songs and most of the other half I don't really want to know how to play (except for bands like Iron Maiden, Megadeth, SOAD and such), that's why I started looking for customs. :)

Sure, I can understand this. And you're right, it's more fun playing songs you really like. But customs tend to be hit and miss. For every one custom that works perfectly, you're likely to find a whole bunch that don't. Especially with DD.

Edit: BUT, here's an idea. You can edit the song/s you want to play and add in more sections. In fact, it's best to play at 100% difficult but slowed down - and working on only small pieces of the song at a time.

It's easy to edit the track -- you'd unpack it with the Toolkit, open it in EOF, and add as many sections as you need. For difficult passages, you can add a new section every 2-4 measures.

This has some real advantages. For one, it's much easier to see the notes (when you slow them down) and you can even stop playback to examine them that way. Plus, rewinding and restarting the song goes MUCH faster, so you'll end up being able to play the section many times.

Once you've mastered the sections, you can combine them again with the Riff Repeater.

In fact I really think ALL songs should be prepared this way. At least for the lead guitar parts and complicated passages for other sections.

But doing this will allow you to play the songs you want to play without getting you too frustrated.