Bass CDLC is off by one string?

Copernicus

Question

Hi there, 

I got a bass guitar last week (since I was having so much fun playing the guitar with Rocksmith, so I had to try the bass mode). I have tried some pieces of CDLC and quite a few of them show the phenomenon that their bass part is off by a whole string (it shows yellow notes, but they should really be played on the E-string of the bass -- otherwise they're just off by a fourth). Is this intentional? Am I missing something totally obvious that I really should have seen?

Thanks!

4 answers to this question

@@Copernicus - Is it possible that the song you're charting has the bass on a 5-string bass (even if it doesn't use the highest strings)? A tuning of BEADG would import into EoF as a relative tuning of 0 (for 5 and 6-string arrangements, it bases the relative tuning off of BEADGC), which would then import into the toolkit as EADG and lead to the behavior you're describing.

My CDLC releases and my workshop 
My CDLC previews (Lots of bass only stuff)
Join us at the Rocksmith Championship!

Thanks for the swift response; I am not actually charting a song myself but playing other people's CDLC. As a matter of fact, I do have a five string bass and was thus also lead to believe that the song was originally charted for a 5-string bass. I was just irritated that it happened with quite a few of the CDLCs that I had downloaded, since I was given the impression that 5-string basses are more of an oddity. In this case I will probably have no option but to notify the CDLCs' authors.