ArnoldRimmer's Bass (others welcome to add guitar)

ArnoldRimmer

I have transferred the reasonable songs from RS1 and added a couple new ones.  Feedback and testing is appreciated.  Also anyone who wants to add guitar I can provide the files to make it a bit easier.  They do not have dynamic difficulty or custom tone, some also don't have phrases or sections yet.

Rick James - Give It To Me Baby - Download - YouTube

Patrice Rushen - Forget Me Nots - Download - YouTube

Isley Brothers - Between The Sheets - Download - YouTube

Brick - Dazz - Download - YouTube

Chic - Le Freak - Download - YouTube

Charles Wright - Express Yourself - Download - YouTube

A Touch of Honey - Boogie Oogie Oogie - Download - YouTube

Michael Jackson - Off The Wall - Download - YouTube

The Brothers Johnson - Stomp! - Download - YouTube

Cake - Mah Nà Mah Nà - Download - YouTube

Bruno Mars - Treasure - Download - YouTube

Gwen McCrae (Mononeon cover) - Rockin' Chair -  Download - YouTube

Incomplete/Given Up (ask and I will send files if someone wants to finish em):

Bob Seger - Against The Wind

Vulfpeck - Beastly

Rage Against The Machine - Wake Up

The Whispers - And The Beat Goes On

James Brown - I Got You

George Benson - Breezin'

Luther Vandross - Never Too Much

• Like 1

About to test...

Express Yourself and Give it to Me Baby are both titled expressyourself at Mediafire.

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

First off, nice job and great bass lines on all those songs. Really fantastic stuff. All the songs have recurring riffs, but some are fairly quick, so RR would be nice. All these originals have pretty clean tones and your tones sounded fine.

Alrighty:

Between the Sheets and Dazz were both too quiet, both bass and song. The charts and tones seemed good.

Forget Me Nots - song was way too quiet. Chart seemed good. There are several pops (as in slap and pops) throughout the song, most notably the recurring D on the 7th fret of the G, that aren't indicated though.

Le Freak - seemed fine except the recurring 3rd fret/5th fret (starts off and everytime they're doing the "le freak" thing) on the E. You have some as discreet notes and some as ringing. I think the ringing notes are actually slides down/off. 

Express Yourself -- maybe a tiny bit quiet, both song and bass, but fine.

I'll download and try Give it To Me Baby later this week.

Thanks for the killer bass. I'm gonna keep an eye on your stuff! Motown has some awesome bass lines. Speaking of which....Respect by Aretha Franklin has an AMAZING bass line and someone did it for RS1....

• Like 1

For the love of god, people, no bitching/whining/complaining. If you don't like something, either state it constructively...or keep it to yourself.

Wow ! Thanks a lot for all these funky basslines !

Can't wait to come back home playing them.

[hr]All my customs are referenced there : [url=http://customsforge.com/topic/384-mat7tch1-customs/]MaT7TcH1 Customs[/url]

Feel free to contact me if you want to improve them

Thanks again for those customs ! Stomp is one of my favorite song, can´t wait to play even if i am not skilled enough for solo part.

[hr]All my customs are referenced there : [url=http://customsforge.com/topic/384-mat7tch1-customs/]MaT7TcH1 Customs[/url]

I just played that Cake song - super fun! I have no useful comments to add, the bass plays really well.

Thanks again.

"When we were young the world was like a vision - the colours and the sounds they took our breath away. But now we watch it all on television while eating processed meat out of a plastic tray." -NoMeansNo

My Customs

• 2 weeks later...

Bruno Mars was on my mind and i looked for some tabs... then you've done the job ! Great ! Thanks again for your work and for saving my time :)

• 5 months later...