Ignore status in EOF doesn't actually ignore in-game

Billkwando

Question

I've been using ignore status for quite some time in EoF for notes/rakes/noises that RS probably wouldn't  be able to detect properly, and I don't think it works the way I thought it did.

Observe:

http://i.imgur.com/wxEhe1Z.jpg

How the hell do you get 100% accuracy and then only 89% on the song? Frustrating.

I assume there's nothing I can other than not use ignore status anymore, but I'm curious if anyone has any idea what's going on here?

Words of wisdom for CDLC charters:

"When in doubt, steal a tone from Kansas' Carry On Wayward Son"

- Billkwando

Download my L'Arc~en~Ciel Ken "Love Driver Cat" custom Inlays here

Inexplicably, I think the tones are working now. I did notice a tiny bug. I kept trying to generate a psarc for a song called "Alphabet St.", which I had previously generated from a package file (back in 2015) but for some reason each time I generated it would say successful, but nothing would appear in my project folder.

Turns out I had to remove the . from the song title in Title Sort (yay I guessed it) and that fixed the problem. Maybe there's some way to make it ignore the period and generate anyway? I'm wondering if this would be a problem for R.E.M. as well? Anyways, just a thought! :D

- Billkwando

Um, I think something's wrong.... ;)

http://i.imgur.com/lA6im0S.jpg

I definitely missed notes. Many of them. ;)

Here's the psarc file if you'd like to take a look at it:

https://mega.nz/#!gotgHDQZ!3kM3lWEOfTx1kakG2HORBOJxU0WdIu4ESGcxkGpWJQY

- Billkwando

@@Billkwando, you don't like it anyway? dafuuuq, it was tested and setupd like in official dlc ._.

I don't know what's wrong, i'll play this one ant tell you  what I think

Any luck?

- Billkwando

also you don't need mutes to be ignoret, that detects well in rs plus you may read this, i found it has dd and it also may be the case as after removing dd i've got doubled notes in some places here: http://customsforge.com/topic/31231-eoftoolkit-final-mastery-does-not-correspond-to-accuracy-when-100-difficulty

also I see it's rs1 conversion so please cut off that 10 sec tail of silence :D

well in NDD version (I did using ddc) we've got 482 notes and 369 "real" (113 ignores) but in DD version 482 notes and 32 real notes (450 ignores!) so yeah I should do something about it >_>

PS
It seems like it could be DD related, have you tried playing it NDD?
it should be fine, since it doesn't count chord notes as separate ignores...

also you don't need mutes to be ignoret, that detects well in rs plus you may read this, i found it has dd and it also may be the case as after removing dd i've got doubled notes in some places here: http://customsforge.com/topic/31231-eoftoolkit-final-mastery-does-not-correspond-to-accuracy-when-100-difficulty

also I see it's rs1 conversion so please cut off that 10 sec tail of silence :D

Hey, I may have to read your post and that thread a couple times before I can follow it. Also, what do you mean about an rs1 conversion? I've never had RS1 and I made that custom myself. Is there really that much silence in the WEM?

well in NDD version (I did using ddc) we've got 482 notes and 369 "real" (113 ignores) but in DD version 482 notes and 32 real notes (450 ignores!) so yeah I should do something about it >_>

PS

It seems like it could be DD related, have you tried playing it NDD?

it should be fine, since it doesn't count chord notes as separate ignores...

I can try skipping DDC and removing the ignores, is that what you're suggesting? I just like always having DD cos it feels like you're "supposed to". Personally, I never used it. I crank up the difficulty in RR to 100% every time I play the song. Plus the purple bars make it easier to figure out where you are when you're trying to play just one part in RR.

- Billkwando