My frustration...

Kamyk

Question

I just ended my daily Rocksmith session earlier than usual. I just downloaded some new customs, I tried them...and I'm pissed off.

Most of the customs are missing sections, their tab sucks, the tones are weak or they cause a problem with the RS' tone mechanism and you have to restart the game, the audio quality sucks, there are missing arrangements etc...

When I make a custom I usually sit with my guitar and play most of the tab and see if it's correct and test my custom many...MANY times to be sure that my custom will be at least playable.

There are just too many customs that suck and I haven't got time to leave feedback on every of them.

Let's be honest - most of the users don't even notice the problems, leave positive feedback and are happy that someone even made a song that they wanted. Some contributors even ignore the feedback just leaving the custom as it is. I can't understand that. We need an "approved section" or at least a "trash" in my opinion. I even made myself a "Trash" folder, which size will be rising...

http://i.imgur.com/uvIG0pv.png

I haven't still haven't played many of the customs that I downloaded and I have to re-play some to see if they're playable, but one is sure...I feel better somehow after posting this. I check the submitted CDLC area every day (to download customs and check for updates) and the number of weak customs is rising. We need to do something. I hope there are people that understand me.

• Like 5

MY WORKSHOP/MÓJ WARSZTAT
Gave up Rocksmith and CDLC making, playing on his own now.

For all of those who want an "approved" section, who is the person or group that will do the "approving"?  Are there "expert" guitar players that know for a fact that every cDLC approved is perfect?  Please don't think I am implying that an approved list would not help, I'm just curious as to how it would work.

What about those songs that are tabbed as the artists' play them live, instead of the studio version (which is the version being uploaded)?  There are hundreds of cDLC's uploaded that have incorrect tabs (based on studio versions), and lots that are mashups of the rhythm and lead arrangements.  Some people like them, some don't.  Who decides what's proper or correct?  What happens when the people approving customs get too busy and don't have the time to do it?  My questions go on and on.

I know the dev's don't want to answer questions about a work in progress, just some food for thought...

I think a rating system, as well as some established standards of work, would be better and more useful.  Let the community decide what they like and what they don't like.  Have a threshold for what stays in the list.  For instance, if a track has a rating of 2 stars or less, it gets removed from the list and the author gets notified.  After that it's up to them to review the feedback left and make the appropriate changes before resubmitting it.  If it has 4 stars or more, highlight it in some way so that it stands out.  You could also take the average rating of each of an author's uploaded cDLC to give the author themselves a rating.

As for standards of work, that's pretty simple.  All uploaded cDLC should have audio that is at least 256kb, where available.  I know it's sometimes hard to get older songs (50's, 60's, etc) in higher bitrates, but most popular music has been remastered and rereleased.  All cDLC's should have proper artwork, and a proper preview of the song.  Obviously they should have proper tones.  Each cDLC should have minimum 3 sections:  Verse, chorus, solo.  Obviously more would be better, but 3 should be the minimum.  

Naming conventions should be standardized as well.  I have to manually go through each cDLC I download and rename it with the following convention: "cDLC - Artist Name - Song Title_Version#_DD".  This makes it much easier to find individual files and distinguish version numbers and whether a song has DD or not.  It also helps distinguish files from official DLC.

Either way, I agree with the OP.  There are way too many subpar cDLC's uploaded.  And way too many with descriptions from the author along the lines of "I know it's not perfect and the tab is off, but it's close enough".  Close enough should never be good enough.  Close only counts with horseshoes and hand-grenades.

End rant...

Personally for my, vocal not need. In during the play i never looking a lyrics. Those who know English, can to singing  without lyrics, anyway RS did not check quality the singing. Enough at least a quality tabs, a tone, matched volume every tones, working the RR with visible sections, good sync. But it is my opinion, not for me to decide. I only don`t want see 2 of the 3 bad CDLC in  list,  that impossible learning with enjoy.

I find singing and playing nigh on impossible, meself... it's like rubbing your tummy and patting your head at the same time, when on bass :) I approve of the approval section approving cdlc. I hope it is implemented. :)

Mortalo, on 11 Feb 2015 - 11:36 AM, said:

Ok, because of poor results and overall lack of skill @NoonyDeloony gets downgraded to Advanced. She would be forever remembered as shameful person... and then she'll make another charming video and we'll forget about that.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/NoonyDeloony/videos

Twitching bass unskillfully, here: https://www.twitch.tv/noonydeloony

All I want from an "approved" custom is:- accurate tab

- proper naming and information about the song

- good sync

- Riff Repeater - sections- tones

- all possible arragements or mixed at least, if there are many guitars (Led Zeppelin for example)

- good audio quality - at least 192 kbps

- no problems like tones crash.

• Like 1

MY WORKSHOP/MÓJ WARSZTAT
Gave up Rocksmith and CDLC making, playing on his own now.

While that is a hard point to go against and makes sense what about songs that have no words by that logic you could miss out on amazing songs you have never heard because they dont have a check mark in vocals.  Maybe there could be an extra box for instrumental or no words in song so those kind of songs but fall through the cracks.

I believe that this is the wrong section on the boards. Not many people are using Suggestion and help subforum and that should be the place where we suggest or point out the issues. When people use general forum only, many of the issues are left off in the suggestion forum, only because noone goes there. Mod should movie this. But I strongly agree with the opinions here. Approved section is needed (or something similiar)

| The MUSE Project | BABYMETAL DiscographyMY Customs | Rocksmith for 15£ 

"Please, always leave feedback, it helps me to create better customs !

Don't forget to write down your comment and push the thanks button !"