My frustration...

Kamyk

Question

I just ended my daily Rocksmith session earlier than usual. I just downloaded some new customs, I tried them...and I'm pissed off.

Most of the customs are missing sections, their tab sucks, the tones are weak or they cause a problem with the RS' tone mechanism and you have to restart the game, the audio quality sucks, there are missing arrangements etc...

When I make a custom I usually sit with my guitar and play most of the tab and see if it's correct and test my custom many...MANY times to be sure that my custom will be at least playable.

There are just too many customs that suck and I haven't got time to leave feedback on every of them.

Let's be honest - most of the users don't even notice the problems, leave positive feedback and are happy that someone even made a song that they wanted. Some contributors even ignore the feedback just leaving the custom as it is. I can't understand that. We need an "approved section" or at least a "trash" in my opinion. I even made myself a "Trash" folder, which size will be rising...

http://i.imgur.com/uvIG0pv.png

I haven't still haven't played many of the customs that I downloaded and I have to re-play some to see if they're playable, but one is sure...I feel better somehow after posting this. I check the submitted CDLC area every day (to download customs and check for updates) and the number of weak customs is rising. We need to do something. I hope there are people that understand me.

• Like 5

MY WORKSHOP/MÓJ WARSZTAT
Gave up Rocksmith and CDLC making, playing on his own now.

An approved section is actually in the works for this reason specifically. 

I have just tipped our hand as it were so I would like to avoid answering too many questions right now. There is bound to be an array of emotions considering this considering the way it was done on other sites, but that is the main reason it has not been implemented up until now. We are working on the best, most fair, and smoothest way to do this.

More information to follow.

• Like 2

\m/(><)\m/

'99 Fender Stratocaster / '12 Gibson SG (Nothing special but they are mine)

"If you expect the world to be fair with you because you are fair, you're fooling yourself. That's like expecting the lion not to eat you because you didn't eat him."

opensec - The customs you see aren't in the "Trashcan". I only marked the trashcan with my pointer and there are two songs only (You can see "Somebody That I Used To Know", which doesn't have sections and has weird tab - WTF are these chords).

mate, do you mean on all that load of customs there's only 2 you had to trash?

opensec - The customs you see aren't in the "Trashcan". I only marked the trashcan with my pointer and there are two songs only (You can see "Somebody That I Used To Know", which doesn't have sections and has weird tab - WTF are these chords).

mate, do you mean on all that load of customs there's only 2 you had to trash?

These are the customs I played today and trashed them today. I've got ca. 370 CDLC's downloaded and a bunch of them belongs to the trashcan, I just have to play them again, because I forgot which ones we're weak.

• Like 1

MY WORKSHOP/MÓJ WARSZTAT

One thing we should bear in mind is that we are not all expert custom song makers, nor are we all good guitar players. I know that not all dlc's are up to scratch but we shouldn't deter people from trying to make them, that might alter the great variety of customs we have here. I think it would be a good idea, for those customs that don't make the official list, to let the makers know what is wrong with their customs and to help them get their custom into the list. The more people we have making good customs the wider the variety of songs which can only be a good thing.

• Like 7

Oh I can definitely understand your frustration, because I've come across quite a few customs that are unplayable for one or another reason.

But I prefer to take these in stride. It's not like I've paid for them after all.

I appreciate people's efforts. I especially appreciate people who keep working on their customs to get them right. At a certain point it become necessary to post the customs on the database -- because you need a fresh set of eyes and ears.

I realize a lot of people just come to the database for a smash and grab (I do that too), but it also gives people a place to leave suggestions on how to make the customs better.

The Approval system will help to identify "completed" CDLCs, which is a good thing. But my experience with Smithy's was that, somehow, the CDLCs that interested me were at the back of the line for getting approved.

• Administrator

We're working on so many features for you guys, unfortunately it takes time. I don't pay our developers (and I wish I could) so it's all based on freetime. We'll get there though. :)

• Like 1

"Just remember: when something breaks, kick it as hard as you fucking can"

-Trent Reznor
Support Me (Via Patreon)

Yeah, "approved songs" is a good thing but as you said it takes time it is subjective etc...

I just want to say again to contributors (God bless them), please try your creation at least one time before posting...

You spent several hours (days?) to create them, you can spend 10 minutes to try it, can you?

True story: I've seen "creators" which hasn't the rocksmith game. :shock:

I know that J S Bach was deaf but come on guys!...

• Like 1

I think nobody likes to DL a Song that is unplayable.

I started to begin with cdlc. I charted a few GG ALLIN songs, but I'm not nearly done yet.

But after I release them, it would be cool, when someone can give me a little advice, that isn't covered in the in depth tutorial...

And to finish my senseless post, I just wanted to say thanks to all the creators, because I know it's a lot of work!!!

You guys are awesome!!!

You know, I was really frustrated yesterday, but now I calm about the fact that the "Approval Section" will be present here.

cstewart - Sorry, if it offended you. I erased all specific contributors and customs names.

cris_abar - You don't have to be an expert custom maker to make a playable custom, you know. As far as I know there are no problems with my customs and I'm still a beginner. I just read some tutorials, tested my custom many times (dealing with all the problems took me longer than actually transcribing the tab) and posted it. The problem is (as I wrote before) that people don't see the problems in some customs (I can recall two customs that we're solid, but had the tone problem after, which you have to restart the game, but nobody said a word about it, these customs still bear this problem) and leave positive feedback.

You spent several hours (days?) to create them, you can spend 10 minutes to try it, can you?

steroma - Great words.

MY WORKSHOP/MÓJ WARSZTAT

Don't get me wrong Kamyk, I agree with what you ate saying. I test my DLC's as well and even then,the finished product could be better . I just think that we should encourage as many people as we can to make customs and help where we can to make the bad ones better, that will benefit all of us

• Like 1

• Administrator

Would be nice if you guys had a last updated filter too. As far as I know (which is probably very little), there is no way to check if it is updated other then the file name. I think everyone would rather update a shoddy CDLC then trash it all together.

There is one...? It's the third to last option, shoved between platforms and user. If it's not there, click "search settings" up top and make sure the option is checked.

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

Amnesjr, on 19 Mar 2014 - 6:57 PM, said:http://customsforge.com/public/style_images/villain/snapback.png

Would be nice if you guys had a last updated filter too. As far as I know (which is probably very little), there is no way to check if it is updated other then the file name. I think everyone would rather update a shoddy CDLC then trash it all together.

There is one...? It's the third to last option, shoved between platforms and user. If it's not there, click "search settings" up top and make sure the option is checked.

Damn it, I hadn't noticed this great feature!

Thanks.

• Like 1

• Administrator

Let's not go back to an 'approved section'. We should keep everything in one section and maybe have an approved symbol next to songs which are approved.

http://customsforge.com/topic/2748-approved-cdlc-section/page-3?do=findComment&comment=15818

• Like 2

Mothman is real and he sold me coke in a dimly lit JC Penney's.

All right, I found what you were talking about. I usually just scan through the forum for the recently made CDLCs so I rarely ever use the search. Thanks for that.

Steam   |   Last.fm

Put my  5 cents. I very waiting filter "approved"! Post:  link was 15 march, Topic with vote about filter was close : link .  

And i see 87% want a filter.

Personally, I'm tired got  2 of every 3 tested CDLC unplayble tone, not working RR, wrong tuning gutiar, wrong tabs. Disappears desire at all to download anything from CDLC. Who knows at what stage of development this filter for search?