CDLC NOT APPERAING IN GAME

dylangreene

Question

13 answers to this question

Hello

I don't know if this answers your ? but Ive had them say tuning a440 then I can't find it either, after looking for it in the game 

I notice its tuning is off a little like A428 or something like this it causes it to show in dlc folder but not in normal place in game.

scroll down to after the z's  and it will show if the tuning is off same for all tuning. I hope this helps 

• Administrator

First : http://customsforge.com/topic/25877-cdlc-not-working/?p=196795

Then if that isn't enough, we'll need a lot more information to help you out. Which CDLC have you tried? Screenshot of the DLC folder and rocksmith root folder could be useful to make sure everything is fine and anything else that you think can help us identify what's going on.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

#FirekornHasDoneNothingForTheCommunity

• Administrator

@@dylangreene vital? not if you own cherub rock. If you don't own Cherub Rock then yes, you should change the ID on every single CDLC you want to play to the DLC you do own.

Pro tip : buy Cherub Rock!

• Like 1

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Thanks for all your advice thus far firekorn. I had a breakthrough today in the sense I got a CDLC into Rocksmith but it locked up after the tuning screen. I hadn't changed the ID at this point!

Am I understanding you correctly.You have the change the IDs on the CDLCs to match the dlcs one does own?

Does this not screw with the originals? I've bought quite a few and would hate to loose them in the event of some meltdown?Also does this mean that if you have bought 40 dlcs that u can only create 40 CDLCs??

Thanks again

D

• Administrator

The idea of the dll is to stop RS from checking if an ID is used multiple time which allow to use an ID as many times as you want but the game will still prevent you from playing a song that have an ID you don't have the authorization for (hence why the game freeze when you do)

So you can have thousands of CDLC with the same ID without any issue at all. The only requirements is that the ID a CDLC used is one you actually have the authorization to play.

All CDLC use by default Cherub Rock ID because it was the DLC that was included with the pre-order which is why we strongly suggest to buy this DLC to avoid the trouble of changing the ID for every single CDLC you download.

TL,DR : don't worry the dll is the reason why you can have thousands of CDLC without loosing anything as long as you use a correct ID.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

Thanks once again for your advice.One other query.

If the CDLCs come with the Cherub rock ID then why would one need to change them??

Of the four I've downloaded each of them had this ID yet only one partially worked(ie) I could see it in the game but it froze after the tuning screen.The other three didn't appear at all?I

Is there something else I'm missing???

D

• Administrator

If the CDLCs come with the Cherub rock ID then why would one need to change them??

You should not change it if you own cherub rock which is why we suggest everyone that wants to use CDLC to buy it. It will save you time and trouble.

Of the four I've downloaded each of them had this ID yet only one partially worked

That is not normal, if you followed the instruction in the first link i've posted and own Cherub Rock, you shouldn't have any issue. But it can happen that some CDLC have issues on their own though it's a rare thing.

If you want us to help you in such case, we need to know which CDLC you tried to know if it's really the CDLC the issue or not and if the CDLC have issue we can make sure the correct people are aware of the issue to fix it. And if it's not the CDLC it's likely that you just have done something wrong with the dll and that's what my link should fix if you follow perfectly the instruction.

So 99.99%, it's a dll related issue (number at the end of the file name or placed in a wrong folder) and the rest is bad CDLC.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

• Administrator

I've tried Push and Burn and both show up (under T for the artist though instead of C) and both work as intended. So if they don't i suggest you recheck all the step over there : http://customsforge.com/topic/25877-cdlc-not-working/?p=196795

And if it still doesn't work we'll need a lot more detail about things like the exact emplacement of the dll, where do you put the CDLC, which way do you launch RS, do you own Cherub Rock or did you change the ID, etc..

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography

You're quie right Firekorn, those tracks did appear under "T" like u said.They were however unplayable after tuneup screen!

A more serious issue turned up! Rocksmith 2014 has been crashing regularly recently.I was blaming the CDLCs & As a consequence deleted them all from my Rocksmith 2014 root folder.

It has continued to happen since Rocksmith(The Original Game) remains stable ,however.Any ideas ???They are BOTH on the STEAM platform?

Regards

D

• Administrator

They were however unplayable after tuneup screen

So if they don't i suggest you recheck all the step over there : http://customsforge....rking/?p=196795

Rocksmith 2014 has been crashing regularly recently

Did you verify the integrity of the game file via steam? something might have been deleted or the installation might have failed somehow. Also make sure your PC have the minimum requirement for the game too.

Firekorn's workshop
In Flames Discography