Will Bass make Guitar harder?

Tykenolm

Question

3 answers to this question

From what I experienced by playing a bit of bass is that it actually helps with loosening you up for guitar. I found it much easier to switch between barre chords and what not after playing bass.

It probably has to do with the force that you have to use to play the bass strings compared to the thinner guitar strings.

I stream regularly! Check it out on twitch.tv/gauzra

Currently doing music/writing work for @eggdev - Check them out, though their content is NSFW at times.

From what I experienced by playing a bit of bass is that it actually helps with loosening you up for guitar. I found it much easier to switch between barre chords and what not after playing bass.

It probably has to do with the force that you have to use to play the bass strings compared to the thinner guitar strings.

That's what I figured, I was just kinda worried that switching from a bass to a guitar will make my shifting worse, but I don't know I see quite a few people play both, so I guess I'll just stick with both for now :)

• Like 1

Honestly, while they are two different instruments with completely different play styles and requirements, you'll discover there are a number of things that carry over between the two, and even between orientations (going from right-hand guitar to left-hand bass for a single, extreme example). If you have a basis in one, picking up the other will be less difficult, but generally still not easy.